It doesn't matter thats the problem, the script was written in FLASH, ADOBE FLASH. Where as everything else is being written in HTML5. The links still work, but for how long. So instead of making a uservoice about bringing old outdated tabs back. Maybe make a uservoice on what Noibatboy said. Close/Open arrows on the dashboard menu.
No, actually, I could hardly careless about anyone. I'm stating simple and true facts. Check the last page of the supporting warlight thread by Mercer. He says it right there, "Changing the old Flash pages to HTML"
Hey guys, as awesome as the many many threads are...I've only been here a few months and have only really used the dashboard. So what did I miss, why are the tabs being gone a big deal when everything was here anyway and all you've got to do is page down a bit...
But the most confusing part is... why does the Warlight app still have an open games tab!? If you're going to do something big at least see it accomplished entirely instead of stopping halfway through.
i dont know much (anything) about programming so i would like if someone could explain me on simple terms why is fizer changing everything into html5.
1) why has he stopped programming in flash to program in html5? 2) will the games eventually pas into html5? how will that affect gameplay? 3) if the games are goign to stay in flash does it make sense to have the dashboard in html5?
I believe that the answers to these questions might make it easier for many of us to understand the options fizer is taking
1. HTML5 is more secure for the user/client. It's less exposed and exposes much less.
2. No effect on gameplay.
3. Yes. No issues there. The site already has lots of HTML content.
But it just means that the old stuff will be filtered out. Imagine that you're converting medical records from paper to some electronic format. You'll probably ditch a few along the way that you don't really care about anymore, because it's pointless or too much work. That's basically what's happening here- My Games and Open Games are like the records that won't be transferred and would just get abandoned after a point.
Bump :) - want more people to see others are concerned with this.
As others have said, the change is
1) inconvenient, scrolling every time is extremely annoying
2) there is no refresh button, and on page refresh have to scroll again (did I mention this laready?) AND games are arranged in random order each time (!) (so that it is less convenient than before to refresh and check how a large real-time game is being slowly populated before deciding to commit to it)
3) I think someone raised a very important point that new players may not immediately realize to scroll - yes, it is not hard and you learn it immediately once you see it once, but if someone just drops by a site an "open games" tab is so much more obvious. Thats how I played my first multi-player game not too long ago.