Final Fantasy 7 Remake
I have been making a Final Fantasy VII themed map. I've reach the point, where I am ready to receive alpha feedback from the broader Warlight community. This will be a lot of text, because this is a large strategically intensive map.
The map itself is centered around the Midgar train system schematic in the center of the map. Trains are used as portals that connect to one of the eight sectors of Midgar. Each sector contains an iconic character from final fantasy. Instead of the numbers, I used the name of the character each sector contains to make traveling more intuitive. The center of Midgar is the location of the Shinra HQ from the game. A portal connects to the floors of Shinra HQ in sequence from left to right. The science floor contains the scientist Professor Hojo from the game. President Shinra is located in President Shinra's office on the top floor. The small circles all over the map represents the green glowing life stream that connects all living entities in the game. Conceptually it could be viewed as the non-express train system or the world map of Midgar if it makes it easier to understand. The Highwind will connect to all the portals.
Stuff I still need to do.
-Collect more feedback
-Spot all the graphical connection errors.
-Fix all the graphical connection errors.
-Decide the bonus/income/territory ratios and distribution
-Name all territories
-Name bonuses and enable them
-Beta test map with testers
1. Are there any noticeable things about the map that would prevent it from being approved besides the stuff in my to do list?
2. Do you think there is a specific territory or territories that I should check for the two digit army rule?
(I believe I have checked all 3200, but I may have missed one. I see one that I have to resize as I was writing this.)
3. I want the portals to be as intuitive and straightforward as possible as to where they should connect. What is the best way to accomplish this? (Would portal bonuses be enough or perhaps color coded portal rings?)
4. What is the ideal ratio of regular bonuses, mega bonuses, and giga bonuses?
5. What is the ideal ratio of territories to bonuses?
6. What formula spread would make for the most interesting game?
Amount of territories in bonus//percentage of all bonuses//percentage for # of territories//bonus income
This means one territory bonuses such as Alexandria in the Rise of Rome will comprise ten percent of all bonuses and yield 1 income 3/4 of the time. 1/4 of the time they will yield 2 income. If I have one thousand bonuses, 75 one territory bonuses would yield one income and twenty-five would yield 2 income.
7. Are there any graphical connections that you can see that need to be connected?
(I know I need to fix four of them.)
8. Where should I enhance the graphics till I reach the 2.0 megabyte threshold? (Sharper text, more defined characters, interesting bonus shapes, etc)
9. What could I do to improve this map?
10. I need testers. Who wants to help me test the map?
And finally the map preview itself: https://www.warlight.net/Play?PreviewMap=51076