Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to General Forum   

Posts 1 - 26 of 26   
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 02:17:07

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
It all started from Fleecemaster's proposal. This applies to everyone here, especially members and people with high levels!

OxTheArtist and me are testing whether we can have any strategy that is not too easy on the Duel Map. Please join us in discussing about the templates and experimenting..

We will publish our test games here.
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 02:44:04

[AOE]Orthrus Echo Five
Level 51
Try a template with no split mode.
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 02:53:31

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
Sorry but I do not think it helps. Duel is already simple enough without that.

OxTheArtist and me already use fairly complicated settings that include many cards and army cap. The game still does not have a complicated strategy although I wish that we can replay his version 1.2 again. Neither of us seemed to get the best strategy.

Edited 1/1/2016 03:02:44
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 02:57:53

Benjamin628 
Level 59
It is major! Attacks with 1 and stuff
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 03:00:33

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
Well Benjamin we have not tried this in our test games yet. On the duel map you can only make one attack every turn. So attack with 1 can not be a delay tactic but instead your sole goal should be to reduce enemy army count by 1.
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 03:02:25

Benjamin628 
Level 59
Correct, it can be major, just explore settings :)

Playing an AI isn't a bad idea
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 03:04:56

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
Wait..you are a member. Would you please test the duel map with me?

We should include dense fog diplo order priority/delay spy bomb negative sanction cards and an army cap. All cards must be given before the game. We should make it a practice game and discuss the best strategy before moving.

Edited 1/1/2016 03:12:10
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 03:11:09

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
Also in my other duel map thread I maintain a list of useless and simplified settings on the duel map.
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 03:22:04

Benjamin628 
Level 59
I sent you an invite to a game on "Strategic Duel" but I don't think it's strategic, just mind games
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 03:25:09

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
@Benjamin Thank you very much! Please also post the link and setting here..People should see it.
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 03:36:04

Benjamin628 
Level 59
I'm on app, join the game and post the link :)
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 04:29:08

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
I'm on app as well meowwww..
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 04:31:12

Fleecemaster 
Level 59
My competition is still open, I'm happy to extend the Duel template competition up to 14th Janurary, there's 200 coins up for grabs :)

Here's mine btw:

https://www.warlight.net/MultiPlayer?TemplateID=755436

Edit: I also think having players start with certain combinations of cards (like bomb card) could potentially make it quite interesting)

Edited 1/1/2016 04:33:12
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 05:05:28

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
@Fleecemaster Bomb cards are a must. They make the game at least somewhat more nontrivial. I'm personally not that interested in the coins..but whether the Duel Map has any reasonable value for nontrivial gameplay.

By nontrivial I exclude lottery, games with luck and simple strategy so that it is basically lottery if both sides play properly, games that only end with people leaving the game through booting, surrendering and bad moves out of impatience, games decided by who moves first which is in turn decided by who commits the last without getting booted, etc.
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 05:05:51

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
@Fleecemaster Bomb cards are a must. They make the game at least somewhat more nontrivial. I'm personally not that interested in the coins..but whether the Duel Map has any reasonable value for nontrivial gameplay.

By nontrivial I exclude lottery, games with luck and simple strategy so that it is basically lottery if both sides play properly, games that only end with people leaving the game through booting, surrendering and bad moves out of impatience, games decided by who moves first which is in turn decided by who commits the last without getting booted, etc.
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 05:09:17

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50

Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 05:09:19

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50

Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 05:52:39

Fleecemaster 
Level 59
Hmm, I get the feeling someone is trying to tell me something...
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 10:24:30

Master Ryiro 
Level 62
this is like a game of X and 0
eventually you find out,no one can win and thus,you've solved the game
else,its still a lottery
cards are of no use since in duel you cannot get a cardpiece without winning the game already
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 13:03:17

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
@Master Ryiro Cards given at the beginning of the game can still be very useful. It should be lottery or game of booting if both sides get the best strategy. And I do not think it is too hard to learn even the most complicated duel game.
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 15:47:44

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
Benjamin's template might be the first ever Duel map template I know that at least has some strategy..I thought for more than ten minutes carefully before making my move. I was surprised to see that he lost. But it may be one of the most complicated templates supported on Warlight. And it requires bomb cards, one of the few reasonable methods to weaken your opponent on Duel map.
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 17:42:19

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
My hypothesis for the Duel Map:

All templates on the Duel Map has a strategy simple enough for an average person to learn in 20 minutes. The entire game becomes lottery (the winner is decided by factors other than strategy) or some form of time game such as who commits the first, who commits the last, who does not get booted or who gets booted and become AI win after both sides learn the strategy.

Let's test whether this hypothesis is correct.

Edited 1/1/2016 17:44:00
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/1/2016 17:59:45

M. Poireau
Level 53
I don't think your hypothesis is correct.

Having said THAT, it doesn't necessarily mean that whatever game can be developed on that map will be FUN for more than 20 minutes. :)
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/2/2016 16:35:11

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
@M.Poireau Let's see..
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/2/2016 16:37:11

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
Let's attempt strategic Duel Map templates!: 1/2/2016 16:42:06

Benjamin628 
Level 59
That game doesn't count :P that was quite embarrassing to forget about the bomb card lol
Posts 1 - 26 of 26   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service