... and not even jet fuel can melt steel beams. Really, the only thing that can take us out is an inside job- but we're too carefully managed to let that happen.
On a serious note, this is what we're about:Optimum is for players with a passion.
It doesn't matter what it is- for me, it's about growing as a competitive player, becoming a trickier opponent, and extending Warlight's core game with interesting metagames. For some of our members, it's about making maps or very unusual, carefully constructed scenarios that call for entirely different approaches to gameplay. Your thing could be almost anything- map-making, strategic play, diplomacy, CLOT/league design, community handling- but we're just looking for straight-up driven players. Players with interests and goals. Players who like growing and making things.
We're a laid-back environment to some extent- obviously, no one's going to be pushing you to complete that map you started a month ago or crack the top 200 on the 1v1 ladder- it's all you, and if you don't feel passionate about it, well, this isn't a job. But we're also people who like to get things done.
It doesn't matter where you are currently- 30% 1v1 win rate? No understanding of what a first-turn bonus is? Have no idea what you're doing? That's okay
. Motivation >> everything else.Here's what we have to offer in return:
- we've built a solid maker community so far (since that was the first group we took in) and obviously have a few developers/programmers and whatnot
- we run the Infinity Premier League, a set of Elo-rated ladders across 65 templates, with 49 players from 21 clans currently participating (https://tinyurl.com/infinity-premier
); anyone's welcome to join; 106 completed games so far with another 59 running right now
- I'm looking to start an internal community for players who're very interested in growing (regardless of current skill level)
- you also have a few guinea pigs to test your projects on + just people you can invite to games
- basically, you get to be surrounded by other motivated people
- the community's still fairly new, so you can also help make it better -> your initiative will have a pretty big impact
- and if you don't really fit our profile, we're not too closed of a community; you're welcome to join with any account as an Associate so you can still be part of the conversation to some extent + stay in touch + get help on your own projectsIf you're interested in joining, PM me. I'll probably set up a 1v1 (feel free to pick a template) so we can discuss things.TL;DR: If this is you, PM me:
Edited 1/23/2016 03:54:14