Posts 1 - 29 of 29   
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 13:50:52

Semicedevine
Level 59
Come on

I really can't be the only one here

https://www.warlight.net/MultiPlayer?GameID=10453599

How many of you have ever surrendered in a game before... by accident

and I mean like... you were winning and you knew you were winning... and that you had no plans to surrender any time soon

but SOMEHOW... somehow you manage to click on the wrong thing and surrender by accident...
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 14:01:49

Zenvue
Level 54
Doesnt it say you have to confirm your surrender or something like that?

How do you manage?
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 14:13:51

Angry Koala
Level 57
No, if surrenders happen automatically (you don't have to accept surrenders).

Well Semice... That proves you are a real noob, consequently a true anti-elitist! Welcome among our ranks! *Claps, claps*
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 14:19:59

Min34 
Level 58
No, if surrenders happen automatically (you don't have to accept surrenders).

Not true, if you surrender a window will always pop up asking whether or not you are sure you want to surrender.

That being said, I don`t understand how you can surrender on accident.
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 14:20:20

Nogals
Level 58
he was winning though.
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 14:32:31

Fleecemaster 
Level 59
I have to say a lot of players (I think this is on mobile) especially newer players do surrender by accident, sometimes when it's "must be accepted" they don't even realise until players start saying "I declare war on X because he is surrendering" and are quite aghast.

This happens way too often and is a very serious problem.

(Personally I play on PC and have never had a problem, but I host a lot of large games and I see this happen frequently)
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 14:37:24

Min34 
Level 58
On Mobile there is still a window popping up asking whether or not you want to surrender.
Doesn`t make sense. Accidental surrenders are bs, read what pops up in your face, don`t just click 'ok'.
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 14:58:23

Hades
Level 62
I don't think there is always a pop up. I've surrendered before accidentally when trying to click vote to end, after someone got booted. Everyone else just carried on paying since I'd managed to even the teams up again...
Edit: I play on PC
Edit #2: I don't remember there being a pop up, but then again I am the kind of guy who will click yes or ok without thinking on pop ups to make them go away

Edited 2/10/2016 15:14:52
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 15:24:26

smileyleg 
Level 61
So, what's the proposed solution here?

Maybe something like having a popup ask if you're sure you want to surrender? That's already there.

Have two popups? If you click through the first the second is probably not going to stop you.
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 15:29:35

master of desaster 
Level 64
i never surrendered by accident in a game. maybe the Problem is mainly for newbies that don't understand the meaning of surrendering (non english Speakers)? i see no way to improve the actual way surrendering works. there is always a popup that asks if you really want to surrender
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 15:32:24

Angry Koala
Level 57
"Not true, if you surrender a window will always pop up asking whether or not you are sure you want to surrender."

just checked I have no window poping up, so yeah, Semice's error is perfectly normal and I think it also happened once to me.
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 15:34:21

Angry Koala
Level 57
MoD ^^ I sense a lot of Elitism in your answer!
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 15:42:59

Min34 
Level 58
just checked I have no window poping up, so yeah, Semice's error is perfectly normal and I think it also happened once to me.

How? What where the settings? I already checked "surrender happens automaticly" and a window pops up there. I also don`t see a settings on your own profile in which you can turn it off or on.
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 15:44:54

[NL] Sander
Level 58
I have surrendered by accident a few times.
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 15:48:40

Angry Koala
Level 57
Min, no special settings, just playing with my computer.
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 15:57:33

smileyleg 
Level 61
I get a popup on both the computer and the phone. If you're truly not getting a popup that would seem like a legitimate bug that should be reported. Fizzer is generally very responsive to bugs.
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 16:11:12

Min34 
Level 58
Unless you were playing Single-Player. Then I believe it doesn`t popup either.
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 16:16:29

Angry Koala
Level 57
ok my bad, I must be wrong then.
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 18:22:04

Semicedevine
Level 59
its the habit man

I've played lotteries so much that I guess I must have accidentally made the habit of surrendering
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 18:25:13

Semicedevine
Level 59
Alright lemme explain my case

I was actually trying to press the "start over" button, but I pressed the surrender instead because I guess my brain's processing laziness thought that "start over" and "surrender" were the same thing... mostly because they both have an S in front of them lol

reason why I kept going and clicked yes when it made sure I was trying to surrender was because it also does the same thing when you try to start over your turn

Both buttons have a pop up thing that comes up... so since "start over" has a pop up thing, I assumed that having a pop up thing come up (even when I clicked surrender button) meant that I had chosen the "start over" option rather than surrender

Edited 2/10/2016 18:25:32
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 18:28:51

Semicedevine
Level 59
Bottom line I think they should stop making a pop up window come up whenever you try and start over your turn

that way if a pop up window DOES happen to come up, you know for sure that the pop up window is for surrendering... not for when it makes sure you want to start over your turn

also I may have mistaken one's pop up window for the other because of how similar in size they are... im too lazy to read the text normally so usually I just automatically assume that I have a setting's window open by how big in size they are and also just in general how they look
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 18:30:41

Semicedevine
Level 59
new idea for solution: make start over button green for conservating your time wisely and make surrender button pink for pussies lmao
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 18:58:10

xCrypticX
Level 57
im pretty sure on 1vs1 Ladder you will always be asked when surrendering, but not always in other games
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/10/2016 20:15:35

The Glorious Koala
Level 58
is this some sort of a joke?
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/11/2016 00:32:45

Semicedevine
Level 59
no
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/11/2016 00:33:12

Semicedevine
Level 59
its happened to me at least 3 times in the last month... (or 3)

Edited 2/11/2016 00:33:21
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/11/2016 00:45:33

Master Jz 
Level 60
Never accidentally surrendered, but when playing on mobile I have had attack teammates and transfer only accidentally activated.
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/11/2016 01:05:40

Fleecemaster 
Level 59
Maybe some testing is in order, maybe there's a specific type of settings where the pop-up doesn't occur. Although perhaps there's not much point if Fizzer isn't concerned enough to fix it, of course...
Serious Issue: Surrendering by Accident: 2/11/2016 02:37:26

Semicedevine
Level 59
tbh i just needed somewhere to rant because ive been surrendering by accident way too much lately lol

Edited 2/11/2016 02:37:39
Posts 1 - 29 of 29   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service