hey Kevin I'm starting right now by downloading Visual Studio. Let me know where you get stuck to get your environment set up.
*** side note ***
To run/test either the production AI, Wunderwaffe or Cowzow without making any changes of your own, you don't need Visual Studio, but you still need .NET. You can just go to the release page:https://github.com/FizzerWL/WarLight.AI/releases
Follow the instruction from Fizzer's video to run ithttps://youtu.be/A3A0U2RxLKo?t=30s
(He is saying that you cannot run this without .NET; if you install Visual Studio, .NET gets installed automatically with it)
*** end side note ***
Here are the steps I took
1. Download and install Visual Studio. I left the default installation options. Select Visual C# when it's done installing.https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/visual-studio-community-vs.aspx
2. Decide which version you want to use first. There will be a couple of versions out there that might be out of sync with each other. Right now we havehttps://github.com/FizzerWL/WarLight.AI
(Contains all 3, prod, Wunderwaffe, and Cowzow)https://github.com/Norman1/WarLightAI
(Should contain only Wunderwaffe, although I do see Cowzow and prod as well)
I will be working with Norman's version. Any change that Fizzer makes, Norman will have to bring over to his version to keep them up to date.
3. Download the source code. There are 2 ways to do this:
3a. Fork. For this you need a github account. Forking makes a copy of the existing repository into your github account. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think any updates that the original developer makes are not propagated down to the fork that I made, right?
3b. Straight up download the zip file
4. Let's assume you downloaded the zip file. Unzip to a location you remember. Open WarLight.AI.sln - it should open with Visual Studio.
Now your screen should look exactly like Fizzer's at 5:30 in the video https://youtu.be/A3A0U2RxLKo?t=5m30s
5. Make a change to the code. Compile it. Every time you compile it,
\WarLight.AI-master\bin\Debug\WarLight.AI.exe will change.
6. Open a console (Cmd). Navigate to the above location and run
WarLight.AI.exe just like in the video
Edited 3/8/2016 23:29:43