Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Ladder Forum   

Posts 1 - 5 of 5   
Does the rate of games you play affect rating?: 3/12/2016 04:57:22

Semicedevine
Level 59
Say, the difference between playing 2 games at a time and 5 games at a time.

Does playing 5 games at a time, in any way, give you a higher rating?

I got the idea that this may be possible seeing as how the seasonal ladder works (every player can earn points even when they lose a game, therefore it would be advantagous to play more games as opposed to less games)

If there is no difference then, would it be wise to stop playing as many games once you're at the top of the ladder? (since the less you play, the less opportunities you'll be knocked down)

Or is there some hidden mechanic that over time will take ratings away from people who no longer play as much, which in turn forces them to continue playing as many games.

I'll need to know for once I get into top 10 on 1v1 ladder (which we all know is gonna happen pretty soon)
Does the rate of games you play affect rating?: 3/12/2016 05:07:10

Benjamin628 
Level 59
The less games you have, the better. The chances of YOU Semice of being #1 get closer and closer to 0 the more games you have. If you go 20-0 by luck, you can break #1. 19-1 or 18-2 maybe, but definitely not 17-3.
Does the rate of games you play affect rating?: 3/12/2016 05:07:17

TeamGuns 
Level 58
No, playing more games at the time doesn't make your rating higher. But you may win more games faster, so it might be good if you're playing well now to do them.

If there is no difference then, would it be wise to stop playing as many games once you're at the top of the ladder? (since the less you play, the less opportunities you'll be knocked down)

Yea, I think it's the main reason top players play less games at once. They can focus more in one game, and have less at stake at any given time.

Or is there some hidden mechanic that over time will take ratings away from people who no longer play as much, which in turn forces them to continue playing as many games.

There's the expiring mecanism. After 5 months games expire, and count no longer to your rating. So if you had a lot of wins against good players a few months ago, and lately not so many, you might lose rating because of the expiration of games.

(Please some1 correct me if I'm wrong)

Edited 3/12/2016 05:08:11
Does the rate of games you play affect rating?: 3/12/2016 05:10:28

master of desaster 
Level 64
The less games you play, the higher is the chance that you won't get matched up with players with low rating.
The game count does affect your rating only indirectly. He isn't considered in the formulas, but the more unexpired games you got, the harder is it to get a high rating -> the reason why some players often try runs.

Of course it's "better" to not play any games anymore if you don't want a change of your rank. Stalling to hold the topspot as long as possible has been done before of course and it's very silly and stupid.

Good luck with top 10. If you learn to count properly it shouldn't be a problem to reach top 10 on the actual 1vs1 ladder
Does the rate of games you play affect rating?: 3/12/2016 05:17:45

Semicedevine
Level 59
Yep. It's just as I feared. It's all just a big win to loss ratio and the more you add to the mix, the less each new game affects it.
Posts 1 - 5 of 5   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service