Play
Multi-Player
Coins
Community
Settings
Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Off-topic Forum   

Posts 1 - 30 of 243   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next >>   
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/26/2016 05:24:57


Genghis 
Level 52
Report
My Next Zork Game Clues and Concepts::::
1. 6.4.2016 What if the world's governments failed to operate?


Notes on Game : Consider most decisions. There is no way to tell when a dilemma will hold much weight so you should be mindful.

Minor decisions could lead to drastic or more minor events.

You should be mindful of your sanity and other character traits as well as your relationships with other characters.

Make sure to look at your inventory if you think something might be able to help you in a certain situation.

To do so, simply request to gather your bearings (or to have less clutter ask to consider current relationships, think about your sanity or think about your character)

Just keep those in mind. Okay all other posts are in character!

Edited 4/6/2016 23:52:54
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/26/2016 05:29:08


Genghis 
Level 52
Report
"Congratulations, you just climbed up the mountain!" Your friend says.

A. "Haha yeah" (sarcastic)
B. "Haha yeah" (genuine)
C. "Oh, shut up" (playful)
D. "I suppose" (reluctant)
E. "You could say that" (observant)
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/26/2016 05:45:54


Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
Report
E
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/26/2016 06:11:59


Genghis 
Level 52
Report
CHAPTER 1 : THE EXPOSITION


"You could say that" You respond.
"O-kay then" Your friend, Casimir, responds. Yes, that Casimir. a lot has happened over to him over the course of last year. The event really took its toll on him. Nowadays, he is comedic, very friendly, but one doesn't have to look at him long to notice his stranger qualities. His unusual twitches, the facial features that rarely move, or the long eyes.
"Hey Don, a little help here?" Leah asks. She is working at opening up the gate. You do not know her well, but she has seemed outgoing. She doesn't necessarily command anybody or supervise any excursions, but she is definitely an influence on how the others feel. She has never shown much frailty from last year's event, always pushing strong. Maybe she wants the others to grow past the mistake.
Yes, you and all your friends, would like to grow past the mistake. That awful, not-on-purpose, mistakes. It has affected you heavily too. You would hope the others don't see such weaknesses. That has always been an issue with you. You can see into others so well, and sympathize silently with them. But you are always afraid to express yourself. Perhaps if there was someone else who could see you how you see the others.
Focusing on the here-and-now, hiking up this mountain was quite tolling physically, but it's all worth it to reconnect with these friends of yours. To put aside the memories of last year. Now you must go to help Leah. Or not. Because well, why not let Thomas do it? He's a physically built man. Well-built. Of course, the other men in the group such as yourself are basically in shape, but he is distinctively muscular to a noticeable extent. He's not the most rational man, but he's very loyal, usually honest but has an unhealthy knack for .. -ahem- .. scoring, chicks. You do not know him well, but perhaps you could get past that on this trip.
"Uhh.. Don? A little help here, please?" Leah asks persistently, almost naggingly.
Jee, okay....

(About Your Character :
You Are Don, the more intelligent, but reserved, member of your group. You do not necessarily have to act that way, but you will start initially with preferences and strengths in such categories. When you can, consider gathering bearings so that you may have a more numerical/statistical understanding of your character's current situation... at any time)

A. "Okay, sure" Help Leah with the gate
B. "Nah" (let Thomas do it)
C. "Why don't you tell me to make you a sandwich while you're at it?" (sarcastic, not going to do it)
D. "Why don't you tell me to make a sandwich while you're at it?" (sarcastic, still do it)

Edited 3/26/2016 06:12:14
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/26/2016 07:47:25


Genghis 
Level 52
Report
(I'm fine with answering as many times as a row until i feel like your decisions are less intelligible or are cluttering)
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/26/2016 07:54:53


BUFFALO
Level 43
Report
D
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/26/2016 18:31:34


Genghis 
Level 52
Report
"Why don't you tell me to make a sandwich while you're at it?" You say, heading toward the iron gate.
"How about less sarcasm and more help me with the gate?" She teases. Just as you go to help Leah vault the gate, a few others show up in the little clearing/path.
"Phew, we're here guys!" Ramone says. Ramone could be classified as everyone's friend in the group. Everybody seems to have something in common with him. He's not the cheeriest type, but he is always willing to lend a hand. Another head appears over the slope.
"Don't forget about me!" Amy says. Amy is often looked at for all the answers and leadership in the group. She is almost always very judicious and just, and is very strong in the sense of presence, not so much physical build. Sometimes she can come off as over-confident, and well, "bitchy", but she is good to have in an argument or worse dilemma.
"And me!" Tabby says. Of course, her name is actually Tabitha, but because that name is absolutely horrendous, the group just calls her Tabby. She is very cute, like a "little sister" of the group. She is usually quiet but given her military heritage she is quite affluent when it comes to weaponry and similar properties. She's always seemed more cautious and reluctant than the rest, and who could blame her after last year? But, still, Amy or Leah are usually able to prod her into tagging along.
"Uhhh, Earth to Don! Come in, Don!" Leah says.
"Oh, right.." You say. You help Leah over the gate.
As she gets to work on opening it, Ramone walks over to you.
"Hey Don. You have any firecrackers?" Ramone asks you.

A. "Ah shoot, I forgot them in the van. Oh well" (Lie)
B. "Have 'em right here, dude!" (Friendly)
C. "Errr, well, lemme check." (Circumvent having to respond)
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/26/2016 20:35:15


Okabe Rintarou ( AKA Hououin Kyouma)
Level 56
Report
B
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/26/2016 20:46:29


Genghis 
Level 52
Report
--Important decision has been made--
-You enthusiastically gave the firecrackers to Ramone-

"Have 'em right here, dude!" You respond to Ramone.
"Uhh, cool. I'll need those for later. Y'know, when we party." He says. He grabs them and walks away.
You can't help but feel you were a little too enthusiastic, but you wouldn't think he would care too much about some firecrackers.
"Alright! It's open guys." Leah exclaims. The group walks into the estate. The place has quite a bit of history to it and a fairly sizable geography. From last year, you all know of the abandoned hospital, the lodge, the shed, the mines and caves as well as the area with the tower. You tread a little behind the group as you linger on the shack that welcomes you to the place. This place was once quite the vacation hotspot, but after events similar to last year, it was closed down a couple decades ago.
It is roughly 10 PM at night, and the sky is unwelcoming. The blackness of it looks down upon you, and coats the surrounding woodlands, the snow and the path toward the lodge with despair.
"Hey Don, you alright?" Casimir asks you.

A. "Yeah, it's just, last year and all.."
B. "Of course, just a little tired from the walk up."
C. "No, I'm a little worried."
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/27/2016 04:36:24


Genghis 
Level 52
Report
(Yoohoo? Let's get past the exposition please)
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/27/2016 05:15:25


Cata Cauda 
Level 57
Report
A
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/27/2016 06:12:00


Genghis 
Level 52
Report
"Yeah, it's just, last year and all.." You say to Casimir. He smiles broadly toward you.
"Do not fret, old friend. Say, I will bring it up when we get back to the lodge. We'll all talk about it and get our feelings off our chest." He says.
"Thank you, Casimir. You're a good friend."
"Don't mention it. C'mon, we should hurry to the lodge" He departs to the lodge.
Yes, he truly is a good friend. No matter how weird he comes off as. He is a good friend to you and always has been. You... you trust him, yes.
You look about you. The scenery is truly disturbing. But there is a beauty to it. It's almost serene in its hideousness. The trees oppose you from above, with the night sky turning their leaves black. The wind rustles the bushes, pushing the air into your ears giving access to the brain and the inner workings of the skull.
Wow, the greeting center seems so much smaller, you think to yourself. It's obviously all in your head, but perhaps there is truth to this. Winter does change things like that. The cold night air holds many secrets and possibilities.
You see a cute squirrel scamper over to you. Its eyes are pitch black as the sky, but you would sense a friendly, curious air about it. You look toward the greeting center on your left, the woodlands to your right, the gate behind you, the path in front of you and the woodlands on the left and right side of the path. The whole atmosphere brings back the painful memories.
The squirrel comes within a foot of your.. well, feet. What so ever will you do?

A. Crouch down and be kind to the squirrel.
B. Kick the squirrel into the woods.
C. Ignore the squirrel and walk the path.
D. Ignore the squirrel and try to go inside the greeting center.

(is it too spoopy for you guys yet?)

Edited 3/27/2016 06:12:21
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/27/2016 06:29:53


Cata Cauda 
Level 57
Report
C (We wanna move on godammit!)

(Dont be sad Genghis, its in the middle of the Night both in America and Europe. Expect more activity tomorrow.)

Edited 3/27/2016 06:31:09
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/27/2016 06:49:47


Genghis 
Level 52
Report
( :) thanks for being kind cata. I understand wanting to move on, but it may have been more favorable to interact with the squirrel or look into the greeting center. Next post is storytelling)
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/27/2016 07:08:31


Genghis 
Level 52
Report
--Important Decision Made--
-You initially avoided the squirrel at the entrance-

You walk past the squirrel. It scurries off into the wilderness, the darkness. You figure you should just cut out all the excess and move to the lodge.
As you walk the path, you notice a divergence in the path. A picket rises from the snow at the point of divergence that reads "Left - Hospital. Right - Lodge". You decide to just keep heading toward the lodge.
You continue your tread until you catch up to Casimir. Just as you do, you come across a clearing where the rest of your friends are.
"I'm just saying, Leah. Maybe you shouldn't give him such a hard time," you hear Tabby say. Just as she says this she turns around to see you and Casimir. She smiles awkwardly and walks toward the lodge.
"Oh hey, we were just talking about you!" Leah says enthusiastically.
"Uhh, yeah" You say.
"Welp, we better head inside, guys" Amy says. The group walks up the steps of the porch to the sight of the glass doors and windows of the lodge's first floor front entrance. The lodge is quite welcoming, with the stacked-up logs forming the frame and the wooden interior. There was something homely about the blinds even to the windows. Amy pulls out a key from her purse and unlocks the front door.
"Welcome back, everyone." She says. The group moves inside one-by-one. You observe the first floor. You take notice of a light switch off to the side near the door, a baseball bat in a corner on the other side of the room and a seating area around a fire adjacent to the light switch on the right side of the room.

A. Turn on the lights
B. Go grab the baseball bat.
C. Sit down with your friends
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/27/2016 10:08:40


Okabe Rintarou ( AKA Hououin Kyouma)
Level 56
Report
B : and check out the room
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/27/2016 17:37:27


Genghis 
Level 52
Report
You walk over to the baseball bat. Before grabbing it, you take a look at this side of the room.
Yes the room is quite large and lavish, and you see this with the large staircase that leads upstairs, with 2 smaller staircases leading to the basement/sub-levels, with the large one based in the middle of the room square. Opposite from the staircases and adjacent to the bat are another set of windows and a window-esque door with the blinds down on all as with the windows at the front. Centered on the ceiling, a large artistic, made-of-steel, hollow and holed ball hangs above. It offers quite an imposing image, but you cannot help but revel in its majesty.
After your completion of a thorough examination of the room, you grasp the baseball bat. You hold it in the palms of both hands and consider how to proceed with it.

A. Keep the bat for yourself. (and keep it a secret)
B. Tell everyone else about the bat.
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/27/2016 17:56:46


Okabe Rintarou ( AKA Hououin Kyouma)
Level 56
Report
A
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/27/2016 19:15:52


Genghis 
Level 52
Report
-Important Decision Has Been Made-
--You kept the bat for yourself--

You decide to take the bat and stash it away within your person.
"Hey Don, come over here, man! Have a drink!" Thomas says to you from the fireplace. Yes, the entire group has crowded around here. Thomas pours you some scotch and hands it to you.

A. Drink the scotch.
B. "No thank you, I don't drink."
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/27/2016 19:54:40


Okabe Rintarou ( AKA Hououin Kyouma)
Level 56
Report
A (Drink slowly and very little)
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/27/2016 21:00:26


Genghis 
Level 52
Report
You take the drink from grasp and drink a little bit. It has a hard taste, but it's certainly not going to put you out of business. If anything, you feel a little invigorated.
"Thank you" You say to Thomas.
"No problem, Don." says Thomas. A warm smile stretches across both of your faces before Tabby interrupts.
"Well, what's first on the agenda Casimir? Given that you invited us here, after all..." She says.
"Yes, well, ahem.. err..." Casimir looks to you for help.

A. "We should talk about last year."
B. "What are you looking at me for, Casimir?" (jokingly)
C. Say nothing.
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/27/2016 21:29:03


BUFFALO
Level 43
Report
C
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/27/2016 21:58:46


Genghis 
Level 52
Report
--Important Decision Has Been Made--
-Said nothing to Casimir-

Though Casimir looked pleadingly toward you, you said nothing to aid him. He averts his eyes from you and looks back toward the group awkwardly.
"Err, well... I was thinking we should talk about... well, y'know... last year..." Casimir says.
"Pfft!" Ramone spits out his scotch.
"Uhh what?" Leah says.
"Now hold on, everybody... Okay, Casimir. What is it we should talk about?" said Amy.
"Well, I was thinking we all say something we want to talk about. Starting with Don."

A. Talk about the siblings
B. Talk about the events leading up to
C. Talk about the stupid decision
D. Talk about Amy and Casimir
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/27/2016 23:58:18


Catus Cauda
Level 49
Report
D
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/28/2016 00:58:23


Genghis 
Level 52
Report
You decide to speak about Amy and Casimir.
"Casimir, I know it must have been hard on you. Being that we were so foolish and would do such a thing to your little brother and sister. But you shouldn't feel guilty. After all, you were too drunk to be awake. And Amy? You deserve guilt neither. You saw us cause all that ruckus and tried to stop it before it was too late." You say.
"Don's right." Ramone says.
"Yeah, we were acting like total idiots.. not Casimir and Amy." said Leah.
"Yeah..." Says Thomas.
"No, it's Casimir's fault he got drunk!" Tabby outbursts. Amy immediately stands up with her.
"Yeah, Casimir, you shouldn't have been drunk at your little sister's birthday party for chrissakes!" Amy says.
"It's not my fault! It's just, the party, and.... it was you guys' fault.. it was, err! Forget it!" Casimir immediately storms off.
"Oh, real mature Casimir! If you wanted to talk about this stuff maybe you should take it like a man!" Amy said.
"Screw off Amy, we don't need this right now." Says Leah.
"Hey you stay away from Amy." Tabby says. You and Ramone look toward each other with bewildered faces with one thought in both of your heads: cat-fight. Thomas gets up in a quick manner.
"Amy, Leah.... you should get out of here.." Thomas said, in a looming manner. He looked like he was about to beat them up. Tabby looked a little scared, and Amy pulled her to her side. The pair quickly shuffled out of the lodge through the back door.
"Aw crap, Casimir!" Leah said, storming off for Casimir. Ramone and Thomas remained at the fire.
"Well then...." Thomas says.
"Err, anything else us 3 guys should talk about alone?" Ramone suggests.

A. Talk about the siblings
B. Talk about the events leading up to
C. Talk about the stupid decision
D. Suggest nothing
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/28/2016 01:25:45


Red Λrmy 
Level 56
Report
Well I guess that gives us some peripheral information... but I would've picked B.

B. Talk about events leading up to (No real clue wtf has happened so makes sense to start at the beginning.)

Edited 3/28/2016 01:26:09
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/28/2016 02:16:28


Genghis 
Level 52
Report
"So, uhh... yeah... I guess it's worthy to talk about what happened beforehands" You say.
"Yeah, yeah. I guess we could start at the gathering." Ramone says.
"Definitely. It seems like it started out just like this. We all drove up to this lodge, had a good time. Just danced, and played games with each other. Ate the birthday cake, gave our presents to 18-year-old Jessica. Louise was still 17, right? Doesn't matter, we let them drink anyway, just a little... then, Casimir got a little too hammered and we set him down. Amy went to the bathroom and she was there for a while. We thought it would be funny, if we did it... but, oh..." says Thomas, giving a long exposition.

A. Talk about the siblings
B. Talk about the stupid decision
C. Suggest nothing
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/28/2016 04:02:12


Cata Cauda 
Level 57
Report
B

Lets get a lil' smarter.
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/28/2016 05:09:02


Genghis 
Level 52
Report
"And, well, the whole prank thing..." You say, with a distant, ominous tone. Ramone speaks up.
"That was the worst thing I've ever done in my life. What we did to Jessica was cruel and uncalled for and they died because of it." He says. You begin to speak again.
"Right. We got Louise on it, the worst part. He and his sister both sent to their graves because of it. I still can't believe we got Jessica to expose herself to you, Ramone. But then she saw us in the closet and ran out of there. Louise ran after her... then they both died..." You say.
"I wish I could take it back." Thomas says. Ramone nods his head in agreement.

A. Talk about the siblings.
B. Say nothing.
Mystery/Thriller Zork: 3/28/2016 05:15:53


Cata Cauda 
Level 57
Report
A
Posts 1 - 30 of 243   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next >>   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service