Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to General Forum   

Posts 1 - 30 of 51   1  2  Next >>   
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 16:47:46

Paugers
Level 41
So, Fizzer has warned me not to continue saying "Kys" in order to allow players to feel welcomed on Warlight. So what can I say because I feel there are some posts so dumb that they just need an offensive statement.

Can I say Fat?
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 16:49:39

GeneralPE
Level 56
"This is cancer" is the traditional phrase, I believe.
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 16:53:53

Paugers
Level 41
The level of idiocy on Warlight as of late is far beyond cancer. That's why I began commenting for people to kill themselves, since they are so beyond help that they are a drag on society. In reality, I was just expressing my support of euthanasia, is this so bad?
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 16:59:09

kynte
Level 51
Dude, please fucking leave this community and find somewhere else to waste your time.
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:06:52

GeneralPE
Level 56
Hmmm...EYS (Euthanize yourself)? Doesn't have the same ring to it. Idk what you can use

Edited 4/14/2016 17:07:08
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:09:08

ChrisCMU 
Level 60
I think this is a graph of the maturity level on this site over the last couple years:

Edited 4/14/2016 17:09:33
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:09:21

Lolicon love 
Level 56
The new age deterioration of these troll lights is just amazing. Someone do a study on it.
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:12:03

Angry Koala
Level 57
Fizzer should risen the age limit to 18 at least...
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:12:57

GeneralPE
Level 56
I really doubt it was that high to begin with, Chris. But it should be far lower. Guys like Ox just bring it down so much
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:13:44

Lolicon love 
Level 56
The pot calling the kettle black.
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:14:15

Nogals
Level 58
I've told Fizzer this countless times but the idiot doesn't listen. Instead of banning players from warlight, ban them from the forum. Why? most of these trolls don't even play Warlight
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:17:54

Bane 
Level 59
I think this is a graph of the maturity level on this site over the last couple years:

whats even more messed up is that were actually the blue line.
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:18:59

Paugers
Level 41
I'm not a troll. Eys
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:19:48

wct
Level 56
You could just stop reading dumb posts, stop worrying about it, and say nothing at all. There is truth to the saying: Don't feed the trolls.
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:21:39

ChrisCMU 
Level 60
I just wonder if the OT board is worthwhile at all? I get the theory (to chat about things that have nothing to do with WL, but with WL people). I just don't know why he'd want that option at all, when you have no moderator tools (outside total removal of a thread/post...which only came recently). You need to have the framework to deal with trolls before you give them other outlets to express themselves.

If this were my site, I would not even have OT forums at all unless you are going to actually overhaul the forums to make them a robust part of the site. If the forums are not a priority (they clearly are not), then why give people that sandbox to take a dump in? I'm not saying all OT is bad, just that we don't really have a way to deal with bad apples, so don't even have that forum at all. Just deactivate it, and let mods delete anything (or better yet move it to OT...which won't be seen) that is OT. Then all the trolls will leave when they have no outlet.
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:22:22

wct
Level 56
The level of idiocy on Warlight as of late is far beyond cancer. That's why I began commenting for people to kill themselves, since they are so beyond help that they are a drag on society. In reality, I was just expressing my support of euthanasia, is this so bad?

You are worried about the 'level of idiocy' on the forums, and yet you respond with... idiocy? How is that going to accomplish anything?

Add something not-idiotic to the forums, and you'll lower the level of idiocy. Anything else is just noise. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal-to-noise_ratio

Edited 4/14/2016 17:22:56
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:24:20

GeneralPE
Level 56
I think the anti-troll crowd should love OT. It gives trolls a place to troll. As long as you don't enter OT, you are for the most part fine. Better than having trolls running around ruining games and serious discussions.
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:28:04

Onoma94
Level 59
I really doubt it was that high to begin with, Chris.

Oh, it was. As someone who was active in 2010-2011, to me it feels like two entirely different fora.

I don't mind 'good' trolls, but this isn't even trolling, it's flood spamming. And spam's only purpose is to be deleted.
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:30:57

ChrisCMU 
Level 60
I think the anti-troll crowd should love OT. It gives trolls a place to troll. As long as you don't enter OT, you are for the most part fine. Better than having trolls running around ruining games and serious discussions.

In theory, yes. The issue is that Fizzer has no way to ignore forums. We have to use Muli's add on script. If I could go here: https://www.warlight.net/Forum/ then hit "All" and have it not show OT (would need to be user saved preference)...then sure I would love OT. That being said idiots still post OT stuff in the General forum, but that can be moved easily.

Also, if those preferences also carried over the the dashboard as well.

Then I would never complain about OT again. But why should I have to browse the other 7 boards individually? That is dumb. What about people that are not in a clan? Why should they have to see people posting threads looking for a clan? Every time I ask this I get the same stupid line about just don't click on them. Well, I still have to visually filter those out...or use an add on script (in which case you still have to filter out crap constantly, and on every machine). That is crap. All we need is Fizzer to make the option to ignore forums and we are DONE. No more complaining about trolls.

Using Muli's script is basically like your neighbor's dogs dumping on your lawn, and people saying just grab a shovel and throw it on their lawn. It solves the problem, but why should I have to go through that constant work? Just let me put up a fence dammit.

Edited 4/14/2016 17:33:30
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:33:26

GeneralPE
Level 56
That seems fair enough. I would support it.
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:34:35

TBest 
Level 59
"Also, if those preferences also carried over the the dashboard as well."

The dashboard don't show OT, so not sure what you mean here? I mean SHOW ALL should include OT, through a new option with no OT surely would be useful. It could be next to show all, and be called "Show All WL related". (bad name, but you get the point.)

Edited 4/14/2016 17:36:01
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:36:06

ChrisCMU 
Level 60
^Well, you can't set the preferences on dashboard. Maybe someone doesn't want to see clans. Maybe someone DOES want OT on there. Maybe people don't want to see Map development forum. I am saying let people "subscribe" to forums (check box for each one) and let them manage their subscriptions. Then on the dashboard, have a button that says "show all subscribed to" and it only pulls posts from forums they want to see.

Not in the immediate road map I am sure. So my solution is turn off OT board until you have the time to actually put that option in (to ignore a forum).

Fizzer does not seem to realize that a combination of bad ladders and bad forums are driving great players away.

Edited 4/14/2016 17:39:07
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:42:55

TBest 
Level 59
Ay, Subscribe is a good way to put it. Yeah, the current forum setup isn't really created to handle the traffic WL is experiencing.
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:43:50

Benjamin628 
Level 59
I guess Fizzer just doesn't care about the high-skilled players anymore. Bad ladders, bad community, and now we have commanders, a terrible strategic setting (that is used more than WR) for only 15$ a month!

Why not just IP ban trolls like Paugers who do nothing positive for the community whatsoever?

Edited 4/14/2016 17:44:46
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:51:31

ChrisCMU 
Level 60
@Ben - I get the membership change. Economics drive that.

I don't mind commanders (it is the gateway to other special units). I don't mind it on a seasonal ladder either (good place to have unique settings, though I would suggest having a trial tournament first...seems like these things are not well tested before hand).

I don't get why he doesn't really listen to the masses on ladders. Seasons are just thrown together, where vets could help a lot with getting best settings possible for them. He also seems to think ladders should be approachable to noobs rather than a test of skill. Noobs already have to get to a certain level, so why dumb down ladders? Just make auto games for all ladder templates, and there is no excuse for a noob not to be able to learn it (unless you make them too complicated...like altered kill rates, etc).
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 17:55:53

Angry Koala
Level 57
^^ Mods arguing *eat popcorn*
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 18:06:01

Red Λrmy 
Level 56
+1 for literally everything that Chris has said on this thread. Not often you can say that about anyone...

There's no arguing with well reasoned logic. We just need Fizzer to agree to it and make the changes. Poor guy desperately needs staff ffs.
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 20:24:58

Genghis 
Level 52
O feel like Forum maturity has never changed. People have always been this degenerate. It's just that it used to be funny and now it's cancer. Being here in 2011-12 ish, i repeat, it was pretty awful even then.
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 20:47:38

ChrisCMU 
Level 60
That is not correct Genghis. If you go back a few years ago and look at the forums, you basically have only strategic/features talk, with the occasional trolling by Pulsey and/or X. We also did not have the OT forum then.

After we got OT (I did some research on this in another thread), it was maybe %10 of the threads, out of all threads, for the first year maybe. Within the last year+ though, the % of OT threads has grown exponentially. I'd have to count the top 10 pages or so, but I would bet we are at about %50 OT threads and %50 non OT. That is just simple numbers, as you cannot quantify maturity levels.

I do think the amount of OT talk is what displays the maturity. Maybe the average person that comes to WL is no more or less mature than in the past (statistics say probably not). But, an immature person is probably more likely to stay around if they have an outlet for their immaturity (OT forums). So gradually over time, the average WL person is less mature because we have more trolls sticking around now.
What can I say?: 4/14/2016 20:56:38

Paugers
Level 41
Guess I'll just say What is this cancer -.-
Posts 1 - 30 of 51   1  2  Next >>   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service