Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Off-topic Forum   

Posts 1 - 24 of 24   
gun rights: 4/22/2016 00:35:49

(AOE) Manchester United
Level 26
hello, I am here to tell u about my opinion on gun rights

they should be allowed but maybe something like a class on gun training but over all guns should be aloud (please keep in mind this is my opinion) (also feel free to comment on this comment)
gun rights: 4/22/2016 00:47:59

[WOLF] AMERICAN EMPIRE
Level 55
Tbh the only weapons that should be banned in any country are military grade weapons. These are HMGs, LMGs, Incendiary weapons, etc. Not "scary" looking civilian weapons, no matter what fire select their able to use.

The reason you see places like Chicago with such high crime (not exclusive to this issue) is due to strict gun laws. Since the City of Chicago, Illinois has instated their strict gun laws (unregistered firearms can get minimum 5 years in state prison, some others), the crime rate has went up. People in Chicago would still be killing, but this is all due to happenings in the 50's and 60's resulting in Gang alliances and beefs. Not to mention, contrary to what some believe, the Mob is still active, just not the Trench coat and Tommy gun type from Chicago's prohibition era.

Now what people like Hillary Clinton don't understand is not everyone with a gun wants to kill you, and sure as hell we should not trust the military and police as the only armed group in any country in any place ever. Why? Corruption. Not everyone is as benevolent and caring as they say. Without the American population's dependence on guns, we would have experience a holocaust of our constitutional freedoms (not that we have any anymore).
gun rights: 4/22/2016 03:00:25

Belgian Gentleman
Level 55
Who needs guns when you can have a box of milk chocolat surprise eggs which are far more dangerous?
gun rights: 4/22/2016 03:10:16

Tassidall
Level 41
I believe pretty much what American Empire said. I know many female friends that concealed carry for protection. So much so that the convenience stores around here sell concealed carry purses with a special pocket.
gun rights: 4/22/2016 16:37:34

GeneralPE
Level 56
Any gun should be allowed. If civilians cannot get military grade weapons, they have no chance of ever overthrowing a dictatorship.
gun rights: 4/22/2016 17:05:16

Tsukiyama Shuu
Level 41
If the US military were ordered to take rights from civilians the civilians would stand no chance, even with military grade weaponry. The US military is too well equipped, funded and trained to be taken down by some guys with M16s

Edited 4/22/2016 17:05:44
gun rights: 4/22/2016 17:13:34

OxTheAutist 
Level 58
they have no chance of ever overthrowing a dictatorship.

Talk about pessimistic.
gun rights: 4/22/2016 20:07:53

Cata Cauda 
Level 57
The US military is too well equipped, funded and trained to be taken down by some guys with M16s

*AR15s
gun rights: 4/22/2016 20:11:29

Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
They got beaten by some freedom fighters with AKs
gun rights: 4/22/2016 20:12:44

Cata Cauda 
Level 57
^
Assymetric war doesnt count.
gun rights: 4/22/2016 20:13:56

Level 49
Did you think that militias would fight normally? heh no.
gun rights: 4/22/2016 20:16:16

Cata Cauda 
Level 57
^
What I mean by that is that you cant predict the outcome of assymetric wars/civil wars. So its pointless to discuss about such things.
gun rights: 4/22/2016 20:19:48

Level 49
Alright
gun rights: 4/22/2016 21:04:09

Tsukiyama Shuu
Level 41
Also in those wars they didn't have a lot of flat land that they could drive tanks on. Also the US would have more knowledge of their land and would have almost their whole army at their quick disposal
gun rights: 4/22/2016 21:08:58

Level 49
One percent of the US population would dwarf the current military, and the US is not all flatland. It is cities, forests, hills, mountains, swamps etc., and has to have working infrastructure to have the military to operate well. Bombs are easy to produce, you could target shipping yards, railways, bridges and highways and cripple the US government.
gun rights: 4/22/2016 21:12:56

Level 49
https://www.vetfriends.com/US-deployments-overseas/index.cfm

A great deal of US equipment and manpower is overseas now too.
gun rights: 4/22/2016 21:20:47

Tsukiyama Shuu
Level 41
But in a situation where the military have interest in taking whatever from civilians they would likely have enough equipment and manpower to finish the job. Air superiority would be a large factor too as well as it would be easier to spy on the American people than it had been in any war the US fought that the enemy used guerilla tactics. I agree though that the use of guerilla tactics is effective, me being Irish I know that in cases like our civil war, ambushes and sabotage devastate the enemy. Your point on 1percent of the US population dwarfing the military doesn't really matter as it is unlikely that any militia could get that organised in a short time or even a longer period. If things got bad, the military could simply bomb towns and cities from the air until there is littlr to no resistance left. The one issue with guerilla is unless you take out all airfields and somehow destroy aircraft carriers, you cannot really handle jets and other aircraft. You also have the issue with cost for civilians. The majority of people simply cannot afford high-grade military weaponry. Especially things like rocket launchers or the armour needed to take out tanks and such

Edited 4/22/2016 21:24:16
gun rights: 4/22/2016 21:51:12

#The Prussian Job-Oh yeah, baby...
Level 49
@American Empire: What about RPG´s?
gun rights: 4/22/2016 22:39:06

Level 49
There is two million folk in the US military, one percent of the population is three million.

The ROEs in a civil war would be incredibly strict, even Iraq style ROEs would make millions of folk fight against the government. The more the government escalates, the more folk join the rebels. 90% of drone casualties are civilians, even using those would cause lots of hate against the government. China would probably sell weapons to rebels, and eventually planes and etc. They were comfertable with selling AKs in the 90s to American gangsters, they'd be more than comfertable here.
gun rights: 4/22/2016 23:29:26

Tsukiyama Shuu
Level 41
The US military would still have better training, equipment and armour/air support. Nonetheless this scenario is still nonesensical and difficult to decide the outcome of as it really depends on which group does this which would affect this which would evantually lead to many different possibilities. However I must say I believe the US military would still likely win a war. And again it is only likely a militia would only have a few thousand members if you account for number of people with guns who are willing to fight in what would probably be a fairly small area.

Edited 4/22/2016 23:33:04
gun rights: 4/23/2016 00:01:29

OxTheAutist 
Level 58
guns do not deserve rights!

or... my right gun is big!

idk :( this is too controversial.
gun rights: 4/23/2016 00:33:28

Level 49
It can't win a war with many more advantages on it's side, it can't win a war here.
gun rights: 4/23/2016 10:05:57

Tsukiyama Shuu
Level 41
Just imagine a single scenario. Let's say that there is a union of towns who formed a militia together. They have 5000 members with weaponry and the US military are preparing to attack one of the towns. Due to the fact that the military would know the extent of this militia's forces due to spying/ simple observation. Think about it, the US right now do a ton of spying on their citizens. In a scenario where they are actively taking rights from civilians using military force they would do even more. If they only deployed 5000 soldiers to fight them they would likely win due to superior training and equipment. Your whole point on foreign organisations selling weapons would not apply in every case because many militias would be fairly small and not well enough funded because they would be scattered groups. The military could also potentially use their drones or bombers or jets to simply destroy a place that puts up significant resistance. Things were different in cases like Vietnam because America was essentially going in blind.
gun rights: 4/23/2016 12:47:44

Level 49
A militia is not going to fight conventionally, as I darn well said, they'd be fighting guerilla warfare. The ROEs still stand here unless Obama wants a few generals, and the entire US against him. It will be house to house with no air support. The army will win, but that's obviously not going to be the end of it. There would be more militia folk, and the militia folk they tried to kill are still out there (some would retreat of course).
Posts 1 - 24 of 24   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service