Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Clans Forum   

Posts 1 - 22 of 22   
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/11/2016 21:01:21

Semicedevine
Level 59
I think it may be a good idea to create a thread just so people can bitch and vent about the templates over there rather then here. It'll be like screaming in a pillow, people need to get it out of their system.

No, that's the stupidest idea I've ever heard. Only an absolute loser with no life would ever do such a thing.

You all should just join RPCL we are soooooooo much better and more organized mmmmmmmmm kazzzzooooooo

Serious ChrisCMU is getting beat by troll Ox's sht management... WOW...

#youKnowYouFkedUpWhen...

Well it's messed up every clan tries to vote out things their competitors are good at, so I think it would be better to let the B and/or C division to vote too and make their votes worth a bit less than in that order

What? Are they not good enough to comprehend the extremes of elitist culture that is CL8 Division A?

[CL8] ...scheduled to start the day after never.

DISCUS. DISCUS.

Edited 5/11/2016 21:04:51
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/11/2016 21:06:41

Master Farah♦
Level 58
I think you should have a little more respect for the people putting hours and hours of work into a competition you play for free, while not contributing directly. Just my two cents
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/11/2016 21:07:05

MightySpeck (a Koala) 
Level 57
wait ... I missed all this drama?
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/11/2016 21:07:17

Angry Koala
Level 57
C++ (Very Cancerous)
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/11/2016 21:57:27

Master Farah♦
Level 58
And now look what has happened. Be ashamed of yourself
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/11/2016 22:28:30

Platinum
Level 58
In case you don't know Semice ChrisCMU has posted his intentions of not running the clan league anymore. I know my behaviour was not perfect but i don't think I could match this much hate.. I don't understand this thread at all.. Did this put Chris over the edge?
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/11/2016 22:47:39

kynte
Level 51
Realistically, there was a whole lot of dysfunction everywhere (template selection, communication/transparency, deadlines, the format itself, very heated reactions to concerns/criticism) and Clan League's just reached it's natural "not going to work anymore if you rely on manual labor" point like some of the other leagues. It just wasn't going to work- and that's not anyone's fault.

Clan League had just gotten to the point where it's held to fairly high expectations because it's the big, important competition between clans. On the other side of the coin, it's just a little league that ChrisCMU's running for the benefit of the community- and it's not fair on ChrisCMU to demand his time and effort in getting things just right. On one hand, it's just a "yeah it's imperfect- take it or leave it" but then there's also the "it's the Clan League" side of things because of how successful the league's been and how even clans that are fairly critical of it won't just leave it (kind of like how the Pats can't just leave the NFL despite the ridiculous treatment of Brady after #DeflateGate but obviously don't like the situation either).

Hopefully we'll get CL8 in before the whole thing collapses.
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/11/2016 22:58:39

ZeroBlindDragon
Level 57
Chris was already planning not to run the next clan league a few weeks ago. Trust me, his announcement has nothing to do with complaints.
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/11/2016 22:59:22

Cata Cauda 
Level 57
Semice, make your own league instead of complaining.
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/11/2016 23:13:14

kynte
Level 51
Semice isn't complaining so much as creating a complaints thread based on someone else's suggestion in the sign-up thread.
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/12/2016 02:03:14

Kenny • apex 
Level 59
You guys are freaking out because of literally only 1 minor oversight which contributed to a couple major oversights later on. Clan League is fine manually, it's hard to run but we have the people to make it work just fine using the spreadsheets and such. The problem becomes going forward how the structure looks so that we can move to a more automated system.

This season the panel tried something that hasn't been done in literally 7 seasons, we created a ruleset and began writing down the procedure of setting up a new season. This was done for 2 major reasons.

1. So that the process and rules are transparent. Anyone can look at what's going on and we have spreadsheets available as well as people talking about exactly what's happening. Bam, it's in writing.

2. So that when we move to a more automated process, we have an understanding of what the actual steps are and rules are so we can create a system that can reflect all of that.

By becoming transparent, Chris and the rest of the people working on the system were put under public scrutiny. So that's why when we made the voting system and it was flawed, it became very apparent what happened. Our voting system was VERY easy to game. In doing so, top templates that would've normally been a shoe-in were voted down by clans scared by the premise that other clans were far better at those templates than them. This means that the templates that actually made it in were valued as middle of the pack in most cases to most clans.

Once this happened, that's exactly where the problems start. Nowhere do you see people complaining about the structure or rules (except for I guess Norman who was pissed about M'Hunters not being promoted with Hydra), most people are complaining about the template selection. Upon seeing that we had a 4-way tie in the 3v3 template for 2nd best template, we realized we had no tiebreaking rule in the system for the templates. So the entire panel did something that we shouldn't have done because we wanted to speed up the process. We did the mathematics, then threw away the excess China 3v3 template because people felt it was too similar to China 2v2. This is why GL 3v3 made it in. Mistake that could've been resolved had the voting system not been a major flaw to begin with.

So to the people complaining about all this? Fuck off. Seriously, fuck off. You come up here and tell me that you can create a ruleset, voting system, and have all of it be transparent without a single mistake. This is why almost all the leagues you see that run "without problem" are run by a single person who purposely bends the non-transparent rules in order to make things run smoother. I don't see you complaining about that.

See in my MA League I had no system to resolve ties, but no one had an expectation of transparency, so I made the tied people play in a tiebreaker series. Are either of those people complaining? Is the rest of the league crying? Nope. The rest of the league doesn't even know that's happening. So if you really think that the other leagues don't run into problems you're living in a dream world. It's just that they have no expectation of keeping you informed, so you rarely know that something is happening.

All the people who are ranting are accomplishing is forcing the people managing the damn league to quit, because they don't want to deal with this. Who the fuck wants to get yelled at because some assholes feel shafted by the fact that sometimes things don't run perfectly or like expected? And these same assholes come saying: WELL I WOULD'VE RUN IT BETTER ANYWAYS

Yeah, fuck off. I've never created a system and had it run perfectly. No one has.

This is my anti-rant rant against the people ranting.

Edited 5/12/2016 02:03:51
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/12/2016 02:41:25

knyte 
Level 58
^ That's exactly what I was trying to say (minus the anti-rant rant part; I think the response to criticism has been too harsh when openness to criticism + a willingness to change in response to criticism is the point of transparency). The people running CL are being put under some unreasonable expectations because of how much effort they already put in. CL is successful, uniquely transparent, etc., and held to higher expectations externally because it seems to aim higher internally.

I don't think anyone's made it out to be a monumental failure of any sort- haven't seen any clans threaten to leave because they recognize that the league, even with mistakes, is top-tier (just like how even Roger Gooddell can't destroy the NFL). People just don't like the templates and, while it's a minor failure on CL's part, these templates are still something people will be playing on for at least a month as part of the league- a not-too-huge but also non-trivial commitment.

Edited 5/12/2016 02:42:19
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/12/2016 03:56:51

Benjamin628 
Level 59
+1 Lolowut.
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/12/2016 04:15:18

Rogue Nikolai Krogius
Level 57
Don't get your panties in a bundle. Somebody will take control of Clan leaugue when Chris leaves.
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/12/2016 06:15:28

Semicedevine
Level 59
Semice, make your own league instead of complaining

Mail me if you have any questions and/or comments about SCL coming up this June.
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/12/2016 07:25:53

Ryzys
Level 57
What's the SCL? My guess is the Semice C___ League..
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/12/2016 07:51:16

(ง︡'-'︠)ง let's fight!! 
Level 59
Maybe Crap?
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/12/2016 08:24:23

Onoma94
Level 59
Semice's Cunt League
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/12/2016 12:34:25

Semicedevine
Level 59
Noo that was the original name.

But I replaced it later with something else.
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/12/2016 12:47:30

Luna {TJC}
Level 56
Semices crazy league

Or crackhead
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/12/2016 15:16:43

GeneralPE
Level 56
So glad to see my quote in the OP #Blessed
Clan League 8 - bitchings, rants, and complaints: 5/13/2016 05:00:19

[wolf]japan77
Level 57
SCL
Semice crazy league
Picks must be in wastelands or triple picks(duh)
Posts 1 - 22 of 22   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service