Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Off-topic Forum   

Posts 1 - 30 of 58   1  2  Next >>   
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 03:50:14

Paugers
Level 41
As most if not all of you know, I'm a Christian, but I can completely understand the right to marry who you please and I am actually an advocate for gay and transgender rights, EXCEPT when they impose on the rights of a majority of Americans.

I opposed the legalization of gay marriage which was enforced by the Supreme Court because I believe it was something the individual states should have had a choice to decide whether or not to allow. The central government has no right to force states to accept the new declaration, just as our founding fathers had intended for them not to be able to.

America is without doubt a Christian nation, but this doesn't mean we should avoid progress when the majority of Americans support that, which is why if the majority did support it, then gay marriage would have been legalized in every state BUT IT WASN'T just like these new transgender bathroom policies are not accepted but are forced upon everyone anyway. THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT DOES NOT KNOW THE BEST WAY. Individual Americans have proven this fact time and time again from the Revolutionary War to the Civil War to the stepping down of Bill Clinton (rapist).
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 03:57:46

kynte
Level 51
I opposed the criminalization of slavery which was enforced by Congress because I believe it was something the individual states should have had a choice to decide whether or not to allow
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 04:02:58

Empire of Kilos
Level 31
Agreed. Forced Tolerance never works, like it or not, Mississippi will never be as tolerant of gays as say... California, and forcing them to tolerate it is only going to lead to more resentment and more reasons to grind themselves into their current ignorant mindset, it's similar to how you can't force someone into a Religion, you can force them to obey it, but it's impossible to force someone to take that belief to heart.
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 04:09:50

TeamGuns 
Level 58
I oppose the fact that you say stupid things, and if a majority of people also oppose it, you should be forbibidden to keep talking bc it hurts the majority that would prefer not read your comments on things you know nothing about.

That statement follows your logic, and it probably would be a good addition to society.
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 04:31:35

Paugers
Level 41
I'll restate that I'm not against gay marriage or transgender rights and never oppose allowing someone to speak their opinion which is a basic human right and action, marriage is an institution and is not something we do naturally as humans and is not guaranteed by the government.
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 06:33:53

TeamGuns 
Level 58
Then why can government prevent couples to get married because they're homosexual? That doesn't make sense at all. For me, if a ritual or really anything has the consent of the people envolved, and that this doesn't do any harm to someone else, then why bother putting your nose into it? Because a book told so?
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 06:39:43

Zephyrum 
Level 60
How to handle marriage of any kind = make it completely legal, but also make it be choice of the place they want to marry in, not the government or the couple's.

Or better yet, don't get goddamn married. If trust isn't enough to bind two people, then there is no love or reason for them to stay together. If you need a goddamn lawyer to protect your love, it's not love. Marriage is a fool's trap. Gays should be thankful their marriage is illegal, they're being spared of one of the most ridiculous things humanity has ever imagined.
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 06:40:01

Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
The government has no role in marriage, if two folk want to marry, let them marry, but the government has no role whatsoever here.
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 06:58:18

TeamGuns 
Level 58
^To you government has no role whatsoever in society. It's a pleonasm to say it has no role in marriage, we could've assumed that in the first place lol.
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 10:00:29

Darth Darth Binks
Level 56
But MGSB is right. Marriage is not in the Constitution and has been handled on the state-level. Gay marriage should not have been handled any differently. If it were to be a federal issue, it shouldn't have been left to Supreme Court.
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 11:02:14

Benjamin628 
Level 59
I'm against the legalization of alcohol. Why you may ask? 88,000 deaths per year.

I'm against the legalization of tobacco. Why you may ask? Around 522,000 deaths per year.

You see the problem? You can't be against legalizing something that is already legal.
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 11:26:34

Darth Darth Binks
Level 56
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 11:32:59

Eklipse {TJC}
Level 56
I opposed the criminalization of slavery which was enforced by Congress because I believe it was something the individual states should have had a choice to decide whether or not to allow

That same Congress (And Supreme Court) also upheld the legality of slavery several times, and then forced those decisions down the throat of individual states. The pendulum swings both ways on this issue.

Also, this comparison is absolutely false. Slavery was banned through a proper amendment process, receiving approval of not only the national government, but the required majority of state legislatures. Gay marriage did not go through ANY legislative process what so ever, the Supreme Court simply decided to screw the system and bypass democracy all together by making up their own law.

TL,DR: Nine unelected judges who have almost no means of being held accountable should not be permitted to decide complex moral issues for the whole country when it's not a direct Constitutional matter.

Edited 6/1/2016 11:34:16
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 14:22:12

KCt4th
Level 20
Gays are degenerate
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 15:06:33

Death 
Level 59
I oppose the fact that you say stupid things, and if a majority of people also oppose it, you should be forbibidden to keep talking bc it hurts the majority that would prefer not read your comments on things you know nothing about.

+1 TeamGuns.

While people can have different views on gay marriage, the logic that leads you to the statement that the gay marriage system is bad is simply flawed.
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 18:38:42

KCt4th
Level 20
Gays are still degenerate
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 19:05:34

Von Jewburg
Level 35
I think it should have been the states choice. Something like gay marriage seemed more like a state thing than federal.

But if a married gay couple moves to a state where gay marriage is not allowed, is the marriage still realized by the state? It gets into a whole debacle.

I can see both sides of why it should have been a state or federal decision, but I think it should be state.

And don't even get me started on the transgender stuff.
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 19:08:25

Belgian Gentleman
Level 55
I recieved a gay ad by clicking on this thread...
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 19:16:37

Angry Koala
Level 57
KLOOTZAK!
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 19:31:23

OxTheAutist 
Level 58
if you let the states do it though, then the shit-for-brains states like Mississippi will do dumb shit.
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 19:59:56

KCt4th
Level 20
>Ox is an authoritarian

Not even surprised.
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 21:18:30

Жұқтыру
Level 55
To be a little serious, if you support state's rights, you have to also support their not rights. It's a paradoxic thing to support. You claim that the big government can be wrong - but state government can be just as wrong, and impose that wrongness on many folk. If you are true to what you are saying here, you'd support minimalist government, with pretty much everyone being their own government. With a one-fellow government, whatever this fellow picks for its government is going to be what 100% in the government want.
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 21:35:49

KCt4th
Level 20
X you don't know shit about the U.S. constitution. Fuck off cunt.
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 21:36:21

Жұқтыру
Level 55
I'm a Jew, not a cunt, you lazy kike.
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 21:43:32

KCt4th
Level 20
Then read the US constitution Jew.
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 21:55:40

BUFFALO
Level 43
wee mus let da gays be F W E E cuz dey mayk fashn !!
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 22:35:03

BUFFALO
Level 43
kys
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/1/2016 23:19:29

#The Prussian Job-Oh yeah, baby...
Level 49
1. Or better yet, don't get goddamn married. If trust isn't enough to bind two people, then there is no love or reason for them to stay together. 2.If you need a goddamn lawyer to protect your love, it's not love. 3. Marriage is a fool's trap. 4. Gays should be thankful their marriage is illegal, they're being spared of one of the most ridiculous things humanity has ever imagined

I support LGBT-marriages, however I do not encourage marriage because of I believe that a marriage is binding ( nearly forcing ) each other together. And if there is force used, it then clearly is no action of love, but of fear. It is an foolish act done out of the fear of abandonment.
Real love bases on trust. If you can trust your partner, and he can trust you, it then is love.

However there should not be a law forcing the abandonment of all marriages; It should be voluntarily. And the other way round, marriage shouldn´t be forced on the citizens but be voluntarily.

This is just my opinion.

I agree with sentence 1 up to sentence 3 of Zephyrum´s statement. Sentence 4 is very subjective; I do not agree to this sentence but oppose it.

Edited 6/1/2016 23:22:16
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/2/2016 01:16:26

#TrumpTrain
Level 18
gay marriage should b allowed, but dont force churches to hold da ceremonies if they dont want 2
Why I opposed the legalization of gay marriage.: 6/2/2016 01:33:11

KitKat
Level 49
Let the gay people do whatever they want, it wont affect the other peoples' lives, but the bathroom issue? That would effect everyone, and as much as you'd like, transgender people aren't the majority, and I think we should respect the majorities ideas.
Posts 1 - 30 of 58   1  2  Next >>   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service