Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Off-topic Forum   

Posts 1 - 30 of 94   1  2  3  4  Next >>   
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 11:38:36

Paugers
Level 41
Is there any way in which anarchy could remain anarchy? Because from my perspective, humans naturally find themselves united under a leader or in a colony of some sort which would give rise to nations, no?

If we wanted anarchy, wouldn't civilization never have been founded?
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 12:28:22

Leif Eriksson
Level 13
Yes, Anarchy could never work. Since humans came on to this planet. There always has been and always will be a leader.
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 17:40:16

#TrumpTrain
Level 18
smedley we're waiting
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 18:17:28

ayy lmao
Level 48
Trick question it can't

Edited 6/22/2016 18:17:36
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 18:22:36

The Lord
Level 52
If pigs could fly.
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 18:48:51

knyte 
Level 58

You should join Canidae! You can in charge of our Division of Anarchy as Head of Lupus
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 19:11:05

Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
The times anarcho-capitalism was around (Free cities in Europe, Medival Iceland, some areas in pre-Columbo America) it was mostly destroyed by outside forces. So if there ever is a anarchist revolution (either morally, by vote or violence(in order of preference)) it'd have to be worldwide. It'd also need time in some areas where violence is the norm if not by morality to let things calm down too.

I doubt an anarchist revolution will be happening anytime soon though, because if a century composed of hundreds of millions of folk dead because of government, and the world being stuck in a position where it could be destroyed at any moment isn't enough to get you idiots out of your utopian dream where violence solves anything and everything, nothing will. While on this subject, how do you propose stopping wars in this current form of the world? They kill a lot (not even going into the numbers because anything above two hundred immediately keeps you all from feeling anger, sadness or empathy) and seem to be a natural bi-product of statism.
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 19:31:39

Belgian Gentleman
Level 55
I like it when he gets triggered.
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 19:33:44

Lane Cognito 
Level 58
Define "work." I'm sure it would "work" for some people, most likely people that are really wealthy and male. It wouldn't work for most people though.

Edited 6/22/2016 19:34:23
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 19:43:59

Level 49
I like it when he gets triggered.

Belgium isn't a real country.
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 19:47:49

Belgian Gentleman
Level 55
Not that I've heard that for a more than a thousand times
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 19:57:14

Level 49
http://orig08.deviantart.net/dbec/f/2015/265/6/a/empire_dpartements4villes3_by_scipia-d9aio0t.png

Keep on crying, you're never going to get France off of the Rhine, and Belguim will never be a real country.
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 20:10:42

Жұқтыру
Level 55
LOL !!
*roasted*
xd
kek

How will Smedley comeback from this burn?
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 20:27:02

Level 49
This argument is the best argument ever made against anarchism. Honestly, this beats all the well crafted opinions and arguments from folk who have spent years thinking against this. Without rulers equals void, so smart, makes much sense.
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 20:28:31

Belgian Gentleman
Level 55
Communism works fine!
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 20:44:58

𝖃
Level 58
Anarcho Communism works better.
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 21:38:22

The Lord
Level 52
I doubt an anarchist revolution will be happening anytime soon

At the beginning, there was nothing but anarchy. Yet eventually, statism won everywhere. Quite convincing, don't you think?

You can wait for your anarchist world revolution till you're old and it won't happen. You should start with something realistic and then move on if you still think it makes sense. If you advocate for lower hierarchies, less formal education, more homeschooling, stronger social media, more direct democracy then I'm with you. But you won't get anywhere with your anarcho-capitalist utopia. WL is way more libertarian-minded than the average population, yet even here you don't find anyone who agrees with you.
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 22:00:13

Level 49
In the beginning, there was tribalism, which is not always anarchist, but almost always statist themed (I.E using violence to get it's way). Chieftains slowly began expanding their power outward, attacking other tribes and absorbing them, and forming more centralized governments.

Anyway, the moral revolution wouldn't be an overnight thing. It would show private things as better, it would show how bad presidents are in relation to war (including democrats), and it would advocate peace and talking. It would be a massive media campaign. Most of the things you want, that would happen with this, and if what you say is true, small states come back, and if what I say is true they don't, either way you win.
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 22:30:49

Cata Cauda 
Level 57
In the beginning, there was tribalism, which is not always anarchist, but almost always statist themed (I.E using violence to get it's way).

Why can there be no violence in an anarchic world? Violence is something human, that will always be around. No matter what idiology you take.
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 22:35:40

Level 49
Well, violence won't be solved over night, but with anarchism and peaceful social organization, it would actually be solved, unlike statism which perpetuates it.

Also Cata, you are alive because humans are not naturally violent towards each other. It's incredibly easy to kill humans, if we were so inclined to kill normally, you would be dead by now.
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 22:40:46

Cata Cauda 
Level 57
Also Cata, you are alive because humans are not naturally violent towards each other. It's incredibly easy to kill humans, if we were so inclined to kill normally, you would be dead by now.

2 Reasons I am still alive:

1) Luck. Didnt come across a murderer yet, or was not targeted by one.

2) Laws. Nowadays (or atleast in the 1st world) you cant just always go out and kill someone without any consequences. Thanks for protecting me, law enforcement! Long live the state!
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 22:45:10

Жұқтыру
Level 55
It's actually 100% skill, Cata Cauda is a dextorous and strategic player in life's game on a high, beyond the average, level.
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 23:18:24

Level 49
1) Luck. Didnt come across a murderer yet, or was not targeted by one.

If all humans are murderers, as you say, you would be dead, because you would have come across many.

2) Laws. Nowadays (or atleast in the 1st world) you cant just always go out and kill someone without any consequences.

Laws are easy to violate and you can cover it up easily. If humans are these murderers you and other anti-humans claim to be, law enforcement wouldn't be able to operate due to the sheer number of them.

Thanks for protecting me, law enforcement! Long live the state!

Cata Cuck
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 23:24:03

Cata Cauda 
Level 57
Laws are easy to violate and you can cover it up easily. If humans are these murderers you and other anti-humans claim to be, law enforcement wouldn't be able to operate due to the sheer number of them.

Thanks for protecting me, law enforcement! Long live the state!

Cata Cuck

I have never said that humans are murderers, I just said its part of us to be violent. Big difference.
Also apparently laws do stop most people from doing violent things. Just compare the crime rates of a statist country with the one of an anarchic country.
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/22/2016 23:29:42

Level 49
Murder rates in:

Mexico: 15 per 100,000
Chicago: 18 per 100,000
Ethiopia: 8 per 100,000
Somalia: 6 per 100,000

Edited 6/22/2016 23:36:38
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/23/2016 01:11:04

GeneralPE
Level 56
Why tf do you people have a crusade against violence and war? Ever heard of survival of the fittest, both individually and in terms of cultures? Without conflict, no one would need to innovate. Smh
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/23/2016 01:13:25

Cata Cauda 
Level 57
Murder rates in:

Mexico: 15 per 100,000
Chicago: 18 per 100,000
Ethiopia: 8 per 100,000
Somalia: 6 per 100,000

Source?
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/23/2016 01:16:45

Level 49
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/23/2016 01:26:14

DomCobb
Level 45
I wonder how many unreported acts of violence were not included on the Somalia number...
Explain why anarchy could work.: 6/23/2016 01:29:18

Level 49
Used a different year, not in this graph. But we can adjust for 2006 levels.

Mexico: 22 homicides per year
Ethiopia: 8 homicides per year
Somalia: 6 homicides per year
Russia: 9 homicides per year
South Africa: 31 homicides per year
US: 5 homicides per year

For such statist countries, you'd think the murder rate would be significantly lower.
Posts 1 - 30 of 94   1  2  3  4  Next >>   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service