Play
Multi-Player
Coins
Community
Settings
Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Off-topic Forum   

Posts 1 - 30 of 57   1  2  Next >>   
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 01:36:38


Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
Report
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 02:18:16


Eklipse {TJC}
Level 56
Report
Right now it seems like Clinton's on track to win, and that's terrifying.

Then again, Trump winning isn't the most appealing either.

Screw this entire election cycle TBH.
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 02:22:21


Richard Sharpe 
Level 59
Report
Every poll I've seen has Clinton with a sizable lead. Tells you just how miserable a candidate Trump is that she is still dominating despite all the controversy surrounding her and her astronomically high 'dislike' rating. The only candidate in modern history with a higher 'dislike' rating is of course Donald...



http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/americans-distaste-for-both-trump-and-clinton-is-record-breaking/

Edited 7/13/2016 02:25:10
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 02:24:11


Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
Report
This is probably the best election cycle in a long time, come on, so many bernt out commies with wounds begging for salt. I just hope Johnson wins so I can do the same thing with the Clintonites.

Edited 7/13/2016 02:25:39
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 02:27:27


Richard Sharpe 
Level 59
Report
Another image from the same article...


The leader in 'net favorability' has won 7 of the last 8 elections with the outlier being Dukakis who royally screwed the pooch. Trump better turn it around or hope Clinton REALLY screws up (since moderate screwups clearly haven't impacted her thus far)
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 02:30:20


Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
Report
Once again, Richard goes into an argument without reading what I linked. If you had paid attention to anything else I've posted or just read some of the links (oh wait you don't have to because you're better than average folk), you'd know I'm in support of Gary Johnson, who if he gets into the debates, will slaughter both of those liberals.
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 02:34:02


Richard Sharpe 
Level 59
Report
At least you finally got something right...

His debate performance will be immaterial, he has no chance at the presidency. Too many people are too tied to their party to actually consider the facts and positions of the race and instead will roboticly vote the party line.
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 02:40:11


Eklipse {TJC}
Level 56
Report
Richard is actually right in this case. Clinton should have been the easiest opponent the Republicans have faced in decades. Literally anyone else they could have nominated would have had better odds against her than Trump.

It's quite astounding that when the Democrats pick their worst candidate in years the GOP manages to 1UP and pick someone even more hated.
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 02:47:10


Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
Report
You do realize that they made that rule and suppress information about third party candidates because of the threat that they pose to both parties right? Same for you advocating censorship, you're so bad at arguing points, you have to censor actual opponents or you might lose to them.

From a poll conducted among registered voters:

a. 58% of respondents are dissatisfied with the current group of Republican and Democratic candidates for President.
b. 55% of respondents favor having an independent presidential ticket in 2016.
A shocking 91% of voters under the age of 29 favor having an independent candidate on the ballot.
c. 65% of respondents are at least somewhat, pretty or very willing to support a candidate for President, who is not Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton.
In a ballot test against Clinton and Trump, a truly independent candidate starts off with 21% of the vote.
This number increases to 29% in the “Big Sky” region, 30% in “New England” and 28% in the “West” region.
Among voters with an unfavorable opinion of both Trump and Clinton, the independent actually wins the ballot test:
TRUMP: 11%
CLINTON: 7%
INDEPENDENT: 56%
Both major candidates continue to have historically high negative name ID.
a. 56% of voters have an unfavorable impression of Hillary Clinton.
Among males, her unfavorable number is 64%
Among Republicans, her unfavorable number is 78%
Among Independents, her unfavorable number is 57%
b. 55% of voters have an unfavorable impression of Donald Trump.
Among women, his unfavorable number is 60%
Among Democrats, his unfavorable number is 71%
Among Independents, his unfavorable number is 58%


Face it, the monopoly you held is ending.
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 03:30:41


Richard Sharpe 
Level 59
Report
I like how you say that I somehow hold the monopoly... Extra impressive since you no next to nothing of my politics or positions.

Eklipse, you are 100% correct. Practically any other candidate would have destroyed Clinton. 2012 Romney would have owned her. Not sure which party comes out of this election cycle looking worse really...
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 04:17:33


Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
Report
Well fine, sorry.
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 05:46:12


Nitr01
Level 46
Report
Donald's hate largely comes from the media misrepresenting his vague intentions with border security - cracking down on illegal immigration and barring immigration from Syria and Iraq.
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 08:23:48


Spenglerian Traditionalist
Level 47
Report
We must fight the republicans in the street! We must not surrender! We must bring about a fascist state! SIEG HEIL VIKTORIA!
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 10:22:01


Belgian Gentleman
Level 55
Report
this isn't a sellout. Bernie Sanders is a democrat of course it's obvious he's going to support the democratic party.
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 10:23:49


Belgian Gentleman
Level 55
Report
I feel like I'm explaining simple basics of how politics work to kids
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 11:36:19


Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
Report
He is a sellout, he called out Clinton constantly for being Wall Street backed and ran as a "revolutionary" candidate. Then after he saw he couldn't run as the democratic nominee, he folded back and went with party line rhetoric.

And guess what, the bloke he copied, Ron Paul, didn't endorse the other candidate after he lost and kept up his revolution.

So Sanders copied someone, and when it was time to show he had the same sort of integrity as that person, he folded. Sounds like a sellout to me, but maybe in Europe they have even less integrity.
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 11:51:09


#TrumpTrain
Level 18
Report
bernie didnt sell out - he always wanted to stop trump above all else

ya hillary is everything his platform was against, but endorsing her was the only thing he could do at this point to try to stop trump

he's still trying to further his progressive revolution through downballot candidates so he didnt just completely give up just cus he endorsed clinton

it's called looking at the bigger picture
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 12:05:59


Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
Report
The bigger picture is that Trump and Clinton are essentially the same. Trumps endorses Hillary in the past and has described himself as a liberal several times, and I doubt he's changed.

Look at Ron Paul, did he endorse Romney to stop Obama, someone who's much worse than Trump? No, he stayed consistent and held his integrity.
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 13:59:53


Belgian Gentleman
Level 55
Report
Hillary and Trump the same? Come on Smed do you really need a new pair of glasses? When you will stop looking at the persona and the background of the politicians and focus more on their policies which is more important. And why exactly you bring up Ron Paul for? Everyone isn't like Ron Paul. Just because politcian x did this before the elections doesn't directly mean person y is forced to do the same before the elections if he doesn't want to get a called a cow. You're using a fallacy.

Edited 7/13/2016 14:01:25
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 14:49:09


Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
Report
http://time.com/3962799/donald-trump-hillary-clinton/

Trump was supportive of Hillary and held many of the same views as her. He's in favor of gun control, he's pro-LGBT, and is pretty similar in other domestic regards. He's barely different in immigration, with wanting stuff we already have like border fencing in larger quantities, and more tracking in cities with larger migrant populations.

The bigger differences come in foriegn policy though, which, if Gary Johnson wasn't running would get him my support. He's in favor of coming to terms with other countries usually considered our enemy and wants to disband NATO, which, especially for America, has long outlived it's purpose and poses more danger than it deters.

Bernie Sanders is basically doing the same thing Ron Paul did, by being an old guy having a revolution and recruiting millions of young folk for support. He even stole Ron Paul's logo for f*ck sakes. And if he had went the full path he'd have gotten the respect of many more voters and more folk would probably respect him, myself included, especially if he had joined the Greens and declared open season on the Democratic Party.
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 15:41:36


OxTheAutist 
Level 58
Report
this thread is so worthless that i can't find my recycling bin picture of your threads, mgsb, but imagine that here, k?
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 16:12:22


Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
Report
Oh look I triggered him again.
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/13/2016 16:32:46


Eklipse {TJC}
Level 56
Report
Some people are easily triggered.
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/14/2016 15:41:41


#TrumpTrain
Level 18
Report
ron paul didnt make it a huge part of his campaign to stop obama... stopping trump was a huge part of bernie's campaign

Edited 7/15/2016 14:51:50
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/14/2016 16:03:10


Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
Report
Bernie Sanders isn't running in the same party as Trump, so false analogy.
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/14/2016 16:13:42


Imperator
Level 53
Report
ron paul didnt make it a huge part of his campaign to stop romney... stopping trump was a huge part of bernie's campaign


Obviously if you're running as democrat then you're going to make it a huge part of your campaign to stop the republican from winning, but to be honest it makes absolutely zero sense to try to stop the republican nominee from winning if you are a republican.

Edited 7/14/2016 16:13:57
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/14/2016 23:12:30


Rogue Nikolai Krogius
Level 57
Report
When are you guys going to understand? Have you forgotten the election of 2000 already?

Favorability and national polls don't mean anything. A candidate can win less votes and still win the election. Right now only 11 states are swing states and determine the election. All of the other states are meaningless.

A candidate can win less national votes and still win the election. You have to look at the polls state by state. If you look at the swing states then you see that Clinton is leading but is still inside the margin of error.

Additionally, this is an usual election. Because both candidates are so disliked, there will be record low turnout and at that point any number of small variables can change the race drastically. I give Trump a 45% chance of winning, Clinton a 47% chance and a 8% chance that they tie and this gets thrown to the House of Representatives (which is largely Republican and would vote Trump in ). This gives Trump a 53% chance to win.

NOTE: I cannont stand either one of the two main candidates. They make me want to shoot myself in the foot. I will vote for Johnson, not because I agree with him 100%, but to stick it to the two party system which gave us this catastrophe.
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/14/2016 23:18:53


Richard Sharpe 
Level 59
Report
Quite the opposite actually. I think that because the candidates are so widely disliked there will be higher turnout to ensure that candidate X doesn't get elected!
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/14/2016 23:42:59


Imperator
Level 53
Report
When are you guys going to understand? Have you forgotten the election of 2000 already?

Favorability and national polls don't mean anything. A candidate can win less votes and still win the election. Right now only 11 states are swing states and determine the election. All of the other states are meaningless.


Actually, the Popular vote is a very reliable predicter of who will be elected. There have been around 3 or four times when it has been off by a percent or two, but these four times are only around 5% of the dozens of elections that have happened in american history. The other 95% of the time, the popular vote winner has won the presidency.
Bernie Sanders is a sellout and Clinton will lose: 7/15/2016 00:03:04


Richard Sharpe 
Level 59
Report
Wait... it's happened 4 times but that's only 5%? That means there have been 80 elections yet only 44 presidents? And that would mean the first election was in 1692...

And while it happened 4 times, it has only occurred once in past 30 elections...
Posts 1 - 30 of 57   1  2  Next >>   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service