Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Help Forum   

Posts 1 - 9 of 9   
how do you get more territories in the beginning: 7/17/2016 12:17:16

(AOE) Manchester United
Level 26
hi guys, as i said in the title of the thread how do you get more territories in the beginning. so what i mean by that is how do get more bounses in the eariler stages of the game? when i play 1v1 i have something like 3 bounses and the other player has something like 5, 6, 7, 8, or even 9 bounses! i don't understand it ):

thank you
Manchester united
how do you get more territories in the beginning: 7/17/2016 12:35:10

Buns157 
Level 66
Don't suck :)
how do you get more territories in the beginning: 7/17/2016 12:36:13

(AOE) Manchester United
Level 26
no for real please i need help i loosing most of my 1v1s because of this ):
how do you get more territories in the beginning: 7/17/2016 12:49:59

TeamGuns 
Level 58
That helpful buns ;)

Beh, it seems too hard to explain how to take bonuses early, go to the ladder page and watch some good players games. If you manage to improve your picking that should definetly help already.
how do you get more territories in the beginning: 7/17/2016 12:53:52

zażółć gęślą jaźń
Level 55
Pick bonuses that you know you can complete fast. Not hard to complete two +3's in first two turns (of course depends on warlords and board).

Edited 7/17/2016 12:57:25
how do you get more territories in the beginning: 7/17/2016 12:58:00

kynte
Level 51
Go to the M'Hunters clan page, read their strat guide. It explains early picking.

Check Buns' ladder history (or Math Wolf's, since MW is more consistent with standard strat and Buns is a bit less orthodox). Look at their early picks and how they leverage the combos they get from that. The good news for you is that MME SR has a fairly limited range of viable early combos since it's all about expansion and you usually lose if you're not able to get at least +9/turn by turn 3.

Also make sure you understand how 0% SR works first. Be calculative about how you spend your armies- always keep in mind how many will remain. For example, if you stack 9 and throw 8 at a 2-neutral, you'll have 7 there and don't need to add any more armies to take 2 other 2-neutrals (this is one way of getting to +11 in 2 turns).

And since you're a dipshit who spends probably half his time on this site posting retarded comments on the forums, if you're too lazy to read the strat guide or too dull to conduct any real analysis, feel free to invite me (or an actual good player) to a 1v1 for some more practical analysis. I'm hella rusty, though, but I can still try and explain the basics.

Edited 7/17/2016 13:02:03
how do you get more territories in the beginning: 7/17/2016 13:19:03

(AOE) Manchester United
Level 26
thanks guys! kynte i will work on my picking! thanks for all the help again (:
how do you get more territories in the beginning: 7/17/2016 13:23:02

knyte 
Level 58
Oh and real talk, it might help if you switched to an actual strat community for learning purposes. :P AOE looks fun and all, but you'll pick up way more in the kind of place where the strat players don't all eventually go inactive or jump ship.
how do you get more territories in the beginning: 7/17/2016 13:40:17

(AOE) Manchester United
Level 26
okay. I will see what I can do
Posts 1 - 9 of 9   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service