Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Clans Forum   

Posts 1 - 30 of 36   1  2  Next >>   
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/18/2016 20:33:47

(AOE) Manchester United
Level 26
Hello, I am looking for a strategic clan that is active. I am willing to see any invites. I know my stats are not that good but that is why I want to join a new clan to help me come better.

Please fell free to ask any questions concerning thks topic
Manchester United
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/18/2016 20:55:32

Buns157 
Level 66
When will people realise you don't need clans to become better.

Edited 7/18/2016 21:00:43
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/18/2016 20:59:45

(AOE) Manchester United
Level 26
i am sorry but i diagree buns
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/18/2016 21:33:23

Holdway
Level 61
If you want to get better watch games between top players, and try to understand what they are doing and why. When you can't understand a move, make a respectful forum post.

Ideally save up multiple questions for one thread, and include a link to the games. Providing you aren't spamming, someone will probably give you some advice on what the rationale was behind the move(s).

Unfortunately your past forum behaviour probably will make some players less inclined to help you, and you may not get the same level of quality of advice, but generally when people show they want to learn and behave maturely about it, the community will help.
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/18/2016 21:33:40

dry-clean-only
Level 56
Clans can help people get better but aren't necessary, I've learnt a lot from playing with and against other TJC clan members, and it can help people to get more involved with the strategic side of the game.
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/18/2016 21:45:54

Ryzys
Level 57
Unfortunately your past forum behaviour probably will make some players less inclined to help you
+1, Holdway makes some good points.

I'd follow them if I were you. The reason why I +1'd Holdway's quote is because most of the community saw/see your attempts at trying to be a good community member (ie not a troll, spammer) as failures because of your trollish behaviour and spam posts in the past. But you can always improve with experience- personally I think should join NWO if you want an active clan that helps their players
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/19/2016 00:29:46

knyte 
Level 58
Sorry about misleading you earlier. I put the "join a strat clan" stuff at the end and expected you to consider it as the last item on the list, after analyzing other people's games, inviting players, and working on your strategy by yourself so you grasp the basics on a deep, subconscious, reflexive level. Apparently that's not what happened, so to clarify things: joining a strat clan/community is something you do after you can at least play at a basic level. A strat clan won't pick up your slack; in fact, to even take advantage of a developed strat community, you have to be the one with the initiative. So build the initiative yourself first and then worry about the clan end of things.

Edited 7/19/2016 00:30:32
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/19/2016 19:45:35

(AOE) Manchester United
Level 26
I understand that knyte but I still would like to join a clan
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/19/2016 20:10:47

Taran
Level 55
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/19/2016 20:18:59

(AOE) Manchester United
Level 26
i am sorry but i am ignoreing that comment
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/19/2016 21:07:15

Ex-Kaerox
Level 59
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/19/2016 21:20:45

(AOE) Manchester United
Level 26
again ignoreing that comment (:
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/19/2016 21:29:03

OxTheAutist 
Level 58
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/19/2016 21:33:46

(AOE) Manchester United
Level 26
Alright please stop now
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/19/2016 21:36:09

Ryzys
Level 57
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/19/2016 22:20:53

DomCobb
Level 45
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/20/2016 00:56:27

[FEL]Azul
Level 44
Yeah, yeah, you don't need clans to improve. You haven't improved with them either because you weren't focused and didn't listened to advice or applied the knowledge of the guides. Few clans will take you seriously for your past conduct. Sorry in advance but being honest you were pretty inattentive, thankless and unloyal to FCC.

You need to work on these traits. When you show genuine improvement on your own and act more maturely some clans will consider you, I can talk with FCC if you show me you are serious this time.

So ignore the trolls, be more responsible and listen up, Manchester. Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me! Believe in Azul who believes in you!!! Meoww ;3
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/20/2016 01:15:51

(AOE) Manchester United
Level 26
You know what azul I will

Meow
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/20/2016 01:55:10

DomCobb
Level 45
So ignore the trolls

So he has to ignore himself? :P

On a more serious note, you really need to improve character-wise. You need to stop being trollish, listed to the veterans and believe in yourself.
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/20/2016 03:12:17

knyte 
Level 58
Y'all, he might've been a troll in the past but have some charity. He's legitimately just looking for a community that helps him improve (not even a substitute for initiative on his end). No need to be dicks about it.

Edited 7/20/2016 03:12:42
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/20/2016 03:23:18

𝖃
Level 58
Ask Trumps Wall I heard he's a good player.
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/20/2016 03:53:49

Rogue Nikolai Krogius
Level 57
I would say that people are a lot more willing to help a clanmate vs somebody who they just met. Its rough for clanless players. I would say it takes them twice as long to progress as regular players.

There are two guides that have been published to help you learn. The first one to be released originated from GG, written by Mannerheim, which is a rather boring read but has a lot of tactical insights. This guide was officially released to the community on this thread : https://www.warlight.net/Forum/34678-gg-warlight-strategy-guide on 3/18/2014 after a spy inside of GG leaked it to a rival clan in preparation for the next Clan League. So you can thank Clan League and alternate accounts for our first public strategy guide.

GG Guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B024HXqzvoGCejhhajNFa1ZOVlE/edit?pref=2&pli=1

Work related to a second, more easily readable, and more easily attainable guide began on 2/24/2015 by Norman when he supposedly saw several M'Hunters making basic mistakes in Tournaments. Starting as a thread called "Rules on how to play properly", the list of Rules, Advices, and Tricks eventually manifested itself into a guide that was released to the public shortly afterward as a type of training manual for potential recruits for M'Hunters.

M'Hunters Guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NyhCpIQKShAbWGXicO_ph9whV_UyMS-3a7_re0C7R8Y/edit?pref=2&pli=1#heading=h.a2lcdibtp6w5

I highly recommend that you read both these guides. Despite having similar lengths these guides are VERY different and both contain the basics to strategic combat. Because these guides are public, most strategic players have been exposed to their concepts and have become second nature to many. You are at a disadvantage if you have not read at least one of these.

Edited 7/20/2016 03:58:12
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/20/2016 04:02:42

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^Felidae does require proficiency in Miezekatze Hunters guide in the future tier system.
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/20/2016 04:11:29

𝖃
Level 58
Felidae must be an elite clan wow :O.
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/20/2016 04:17:16

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^Well we are not an elite clan, however we do have many good players, such as Norman, TBest, Espurr, korete, Electric_Kitten, etc. Almost all of them are alts. There are also more in the Organization of Felidae such as Cata Cauda.

There is a reason why the Miezekatze Hunters strategy guide is going to be enforced. Norman is a Miezekatze Hunters manager and a Felidae official as well. Miezekatze Hunters is one of our allied clans and all of their members are officially members of the Organization of Felidae (i.e. Cats) Usually elite clans reject unskilled players while non-elite clans do not enforce any form of basic strategy requirements and hence have a lot of members who do not fix blatant problems that can be fixed within 1 hour. We want to be friendly to new strat players while having standards. Hence the tier system. There is a place where anyone who does not know Miezekatze Hunters guide exists, namely Tier 1. More than half of the future events require Tier 2 for people to attend while the remaining can help teach Tier 1 players to become better strat players. My philosophy is that no serious strat player should stay in Tier 1 since learning the Miezekatze Hunters guide is not hard. Unserious strat players can do whatever they want, however they will be excluded from external events and many internal events. (Those who want to participate can easily move up to Tier 2 if they put a bit of effort in learning the guide)

The Miezekatze Hunters guide does not make people elite itself, on the other hand, it helps remove some poor gameplay such as not delaying, attacking with wrong numbers in SR, etc. If there are no minimum skill requirement (MSR) for Tier 2 and above there can be a lot of issues that exist in other clans. We can always discuss advanced strategies when nobody pick less than enough picks, pick random wastelanded bonus that are not counters, etc any more, however I do not want to keep explaining the basics. I'm anything but a good player..it's just that many players are even worse than me due to them not applying the Miezekatze Hunters guide. There are people who never delay attacks, people who always do triple picks, people who do not pick enough. etc and they need to learn the guide.

Edited 7/20/2016 04:35:29
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/20/2016 07:10:54

zażółć gęślą jaźń
Level 55
There is no use for this thread. Judging by man u's actions so far he will ignore 95% of what have been written here (he remaining 5% is people who proposed DARKLORDS etc as he already commented on these posts) and the day after he will go make another thread about his own "clan leagues". Possibly yet another thread where he is looking for a clan too (notice he already made like... 6 of them? In space of one month! It's literally spam).
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/20/2016 08:25:16

Lord of Turnips
Level 57
To get better, I would recommend choosing a strategic clan that you can just not qualify for because of things like boot rate, win rate and past behaviours and try to prove yourself to them within 2 - 3 months, so that you do get into the clan. In the meantime just play as many games as you can and spend time thinking how you could have won a game afterwards.
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/20/2016 11:36:19

(AOE) Manchester United
Level 26
Thanks all!!!! I am reading the strat guide`s.
^
I will do that

^^
Speak for your self all you are is a jerk he only care about is acting like a dick to everyone. Your the reason I left AOE (well a big factor in leaving) you probably don't play games anymore and just troll. Calm down I will be playing more games so shut the hell up please. Also before you judge people judge yourself.

For the rest of you as far as playing games right now I am like 10 tournaments and going start playing more RT games. Do you suggestions for maps to help me get better?

Edited 7/20/2016 11:38:47
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/20/2016 11:51:38

Lunatic
Level 32
I've been playing against AOE and there is not much to say, i am not impressed from thier play and strategic moves, i suggest you to play alone and if somebody calls you in his Clan that will mean that you are enough grow up to join team and realize what is the point of clan playing.
Looking for a strategic clan: 7/20/2016 12:05:13

(AOE) Manchester United
Level 26
^
There are some good players but most players are ok
Posts 1 - 30 of 36   1  2  Next >>   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service