Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Strategy Forum   

Posts 1 - 10 of 10   
Wasteland Style + Capitals Strategy: 7/20/2016 01:44:51

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
I believe we should discuss WS strategy with capitals in this thread. This template is so different from normal templates that it is a completely different form of gameplay.

Settings:
1.Huge city bonuses evenly distributed to all players.
2.Frequent and huge emergency blockade cards. (2000%)
3.Frequent and huge blockade cards. (5000%)
4.Frequent airlift cards.

Basic strategies:
1.Do maximal expansion. Due to setting 1 maximal expansion is always possible and will not cost too many armies.
2.Defend every single bonus. Do not allow your opponent to enter even one of your bonuses if possible since it is very hard to recover any bonus.
3.Invade the bonuses of your opponent. If you are weak then invade + blockade.
4.Do defend your huge city bonuses properly. By properly I mean if possible make sure no opponent can ever be adjacent to your huge city bonuses.
5.Do not emergency blockade with too many armies. Lost armies are lost.
6.Do not use big stacks to attack small stacks. Your opponent may emergency blockade it and you will lose a lot. Your opponent may also airlift in which can be as bad or even worse.
7.When you attack/airlift from a territory on the border, leave a small vanguard to defend it against probing attacks.

Basic tactics:
1.Probing attacks. It should be done almost everywhere. Many people do not observe basic strategy 7 hence you probably can get some territory by surprise using a probing attack of 3 or a bit more armies. You do not lose much if your attack fails. However you gain a territory if your attack succeeds.
2.Airlift and probe. Airlift in, wait for your opponent to attack your now large stack and lose (almost) everything, finally conduct a probing attack. You sometimes can calculate how much your opponent's income is and hence you know how many armies you need to make sure that he/she will lose (almost) everything. Then if he/she attacks he/she will lose a territory and likely a lot of armies as well.
3.Emergency Blockade and probe.

(To be continued)

Examples:

(Full) WS

https://www.warlight.net/MultiPlayer?GameID=10854342

https://www.warlight.net/MultiPlayer?GameID=10608145

Semi-WS (No blockade cards)

https://www.warlight.net/MultiPlayer?GameID=9866257

https://www.warlight.net/MultiPlayer?GameID=9675762

Edited 7/20/2016 18:54:08
Wasteland Style + Capitals Strategy: 7/20/2016 02:02:20

Platinum
Level 58
Before you make a strategy guide, It's so important in order to know what you are discussing to have an example game link so as you are saying stuff a person can follow on + you wouldn't need to put the settings making more space for your guide.
Wasteland Style + Capitals Strategy: 7/20/2016 03:37:52

Benjamin628 
Level 59
Question: Does Bomb card get evaluated before EBlockade? If so I think that could be another strategic element to this.
Wasteland Style + Capitals Strategy: 7/20/2016 03:45:28

Zephyrum 
Level 60
They have the same priority. It's based on turn order.
Wasteland Style + Capitals Strategy: 7/20/2016 03:45:51

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
@Platinum Here is the old thread in which I wrote some extensive game commentaries.
https://www.warlight.net/Forum/158592-wasteland-style-enter-mainstream-strat-games

I will copy some of the materials here.

Edited 7/20/2016 03:47:19
Wasteland Style + Capitals Strategy: 7/20/2016 03:48:15

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
One thing we can add to WS is multi-attack. This can make the game more fluid. However I do worry about the the very purpose of WS getting destroyed by multi-attack if walling is no longer a viable strategy.

The bomb card can also work. Imagine two sides mostly behind some wall. A sudden application of 5 bomb cards to reduce an important section of a wall from 100 to 3 followed by an invasion is a good tactic especially since the income of both sides are high. You can also use bomb cards to recover bonuses tainted by high blockades. The number of bomb cards can not be infinitely high, however it should be much larger than the number of bomb cards in a typical game, such as 1 full card per turn, starting from 2 cards.

Edited 7/20/2016 03:55:34
Wasteland Style + Capitals Strategy: 7/20/2016 07:00:34

Timinator 
Level 62
They have the same priority. It's based on turn order.

Afaik that's wrong. Bomb goes first.
Wasteland Style + Capitals Strategy: 7/20/2016 20:52:49

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
@Platinum Now the example games are around..:-)
Wasteland Style + Capitals Strategy: 7/20/2016 23:22:30

Zephyrum 
Level 60
Afaik that's wrong. Bomb goes first.

Just tested. Yeah, you're right.
Wasteland Style + Capitals Strategy: 7/23/2016 01:47:35

❤HankyPinky
Level 57
Sounds fun! Next time someone makes one of these games, invite me!
Posts 1 - 10 of 10   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service