Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Off-topic Forum   

Posts 1 - 30 of 62   1  2  3  Next >>   
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 01:27:03

Landsknecht
Level 12
For all those sick of the dichotomy, and stuck between two radical wings, come here.

Sit down, grab yourself a drink, and ask yourself, "why haven't we taken the best of both the left and right and made it work? It does."
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 01:30:00

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
I will join.:-) I side with the left on many issues and the right on many issues.

Edited 8/26/2016 01:30:27
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 01:34:12

Spenglerian Traditionalist
Level 47
cucks and children welcome
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 01:46:06

francisco0002
Level 47
too bad no one has actually put centrism into practice, it would work very well. But these days, you only see leftist cucks and extreme right wingers. I identify as a right-leaning centrist
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 02:26:04

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
I believe in individualism with a state that protects individuals. I believe in a secular state that ensures not just the separation of church and state but also separation of religion and family (I will explain more if necessary). I believe that all humans in a society need to be integrated which do not necessarily make them one people but need to at least get them to work towards common good.

In essence, libertarianism with a state that protects and enforces individual freedom. I further believe that the very existence of authoritarian cultures is a problem and all existing authoritarian cultures need to be destroyed and their members freed from authoritarianism. It is not about left or right, it is about individual freedom against authoritarianism from both the left and the right. I also believe in the elimination of family powers.

Edited 8/26/2016 02:28:49
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 02:28:40

Жұқтыру
Level 55
You have to have a reference frame, and generally that's the government's polit that you're talking about. I assume this is American polit, wow, so many Obama upholders.
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 02:34:01

Level 47
''work towards common good.''

doesn't exist and if it did it would never happen.
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 02:34:34

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^Here what I mean is universal. My point of view differ from most because:
1.I believe that family power must be abolished and the state should step in to enforce that. In particular I oppose abortion for both killing humans and for being a form of family power which itself warrants elimination.
2.I believe that the state should control all schools. There can be and should be private schools but the state should know what they teach. However ethnicity-based schools must be closed since there is no reason ethnicity and other family-based identities should even be recognized by the state.
3.I believe that there can be no absolute authority other than religion/ethics and the state.
4.I believe in absolute individual freedom of conscience and freedom of religion, however I believe that collective religious power should not be allowed at all.

Basically I believe that any form of loyalty to anything other than religion/ethnicity, the state and oneself should be abolished. Radical religious groups will be controlled since all religious memberships come from conversions (this is the result of separation of religion and family) so radical ideas will not be out of control. The state will not regulate anything that does not need to be regulated nor making things that do not have to be crimes crimes. (Murder, theft, etc will of course still be crimes and they will be prosecuted. However knowingly importing invasion species for example should not be a crime, nor should display of Nazi symbols)

Edited 8/26/2016 02:42:46
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:10:40

[TNW] Commander Vimes
Level 29
So Tabby is a centrist, not in the sense of a mixing of centre-left and centre-right policies, but rather in the sense of a mixing of far left and far right policies.
Personally, I just want tomorrow to be the same as today.
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:14:22

Level 47
thats a pretty shit goal zaphod.
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:20:04

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^^Well probably there is only one thing I believe that is actually on the left but it is more than even the most extreme versions of far left, namely my idea to abolish family power forever. However the original purpose of this concept is rightist in nature, namely the preservation of individual religious freedom and preventing the family power from harming the state.

Almost any other thing I believe that is currently identified with the left is a result of this belief. Ethnicity is a family-based identity hence of course I want to break it as well. Ethnic nationalism in essence is really just an extended version of family loyalty over loyalty to humanity hence it also needs to be removed. However, civic nationalism is good.

Felinism is really just letting the state be the only source of secular power that behaves like a giant rule-abiding robot that protects individuals and atomizing people into independent, rational and law-abiding robot-like individuals. The state and the individual are strengthened while family-based collective identities are suppressed. The motto of felinism is "Be close to those who share your ethics and ideals, not those who share your genes".

Edited 8/26/2016 04:29:27
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:28:40

[TNW] Commander Vimes
Level 29
What is wrong with family? My parents put up with me while I grew up, so surely they should benefit from it now?

thats a pretty shit goal zaphod.
What's your goal? Bad grammar, spelling, and punctuation?
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:30:32

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^Because it may encourage illegal behavior. With family power existing the power of the religion of the individual and that of the state are not complete. We can not have competing powers. If you allow family powers to exist you are allowing drug lords to raise up another generation of drug lords and gang members another generation of gang members. You are also allowing those who hate the state to raise up enemies of the state. This should never be allowed to happen.

Edited 8/26/2016 04:33:28
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:32:10

[TNW] Commander Vimes
Level 29
I follow the religion of my family. I am glad I do, because there is simply no place I'd rather be.
What about you? Did you go emo on your family as soon as you reached 18?
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:34:29

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^I used to be a radical Christian (Messianic) inside a secular family. I know very well that religious freedom does not exist if we do not break the power of the family. I later was almost forced to leave religion and did even though I was an adult because my religious practices were very extreme.

Yes I'm still a very bitter person for the existence of family interference of religious freedom. I become a libertarian and decide that breaking family powers forever is necessary for religious freedom, political freedom and to break up separatist movements against the state. The problem is not a particular religious position. The problem is the lack of separation of religion and family.

Edited 8/26/2016 04:39:44
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:39:30

[TNW] Commander Vimes
Level 29
So are you still Christian?

If you were an adult, they couldn't really force you.
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:40:02

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^I'm currently agnostic. Unfortunately there is nowhere in the Bible that allows the patriarchy to be suspended in the case when the unbelievers are ruling over believers.

Edited 8/26/2016 04:41:14
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:41:05

[TNW] Commander Vimes
Level 29
Radical Christian to agnostic. Nice.
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:41:46

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^Yeah. I used to be very radical not too long ago. I still know the names of preachers of very strict Christian sects. I used to be in ultra-conservative sects.

Now I believe the very existence of family religion or family atheism is a problem and anyone that converts to any religion should be given the right to leave his/her family if necessary, The same applies to other social groups.

Edited 8/26/2016 04:48:14
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:48:12

Level 47
My goal is to destroy all the enemies of the west.
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:48:53

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^My goal is to peacefully remove all enemies of humanity, such as collectivism.

Edited 8/26/2016 04:49:09
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:49:48

Level 47
humanity doesn't exist, you're delusional
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:51:08

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^I have my own agenda which is really Statist + Individualist. It indeed can potentially be a harsh ideology though I prefer it does not degenerate into one.

Edited 8/26/2016 04:51:50
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:53:16

[TNW] Commander Vimes
Level 29
The problem with that is that people cannot really be trusted to make intelligent decisions until they are adults.

What sects? If you don't want to share, don't, but I have done a study of radical Christianity and am interested.

Edited 8/26/2016 04:54:05
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:54:13

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^Radical forms of Messianics plus Holiness Movement/Pentacostals :-)

Sure young kids can not make intelligent decisions. However family religion is inherently an absurd concept. The correctness of a religious position does not depend on whether your family believes in it. Also correctness of religious positions is something related to divine punishment if theism is actually true so who are those who call themselves families that prevent individuals from making their own religious decisions?

Edited 8/26/2016 04:57:39
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:55:43

[TNW] Commander Vimes
Level 29
Okay, that's interesting. Some radical groups, in my experience, get quite a bad press.
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 04:59:57

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^Yes I was not just a YEC. I was a very extreme Messianic even in Messianic circles, trying to replace names of days of the week which are of polytheist origin etc. I was also in an extreme Pentacostal group. My Aspergers further made me more extreme and harsh than other people in the same group because I enjoyed harsh sects and detest lenient sects. Even right now I do not like moderate religious groups because they do not make any sense.

Practicing Messianics that are not ethnic Jewish are usually very extreme Christians. Remember that ethnic Greek dude who was killed by an ISIS terrorist in California? That dude was a Messianic and largely believed what I believed.

Edited 8/26/2016 05:07:55
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 05:04:29

[TNW] Commander Vimes
Level 29
I don't have a problem with using names from other religions (days of week etc).

I trust my family to make the right decisions. With the destruction of family power, there would not be any control over children's choices. Plus, and I'm trying not to preach here, just explaining why I believe in family, God supports the idea of family authority.
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 05:05:16

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^The result of family authority is that those who are evil get to pass on their evil to their kids. There will still be control over choices of kids namely the state.:-)

I know that individual Judeo-Christian groups sometimes have some way to deal with the dilemma of religious authority contradicting family authority which is unavoidable. But unfortunately there is no Biblical way to solve this problem. My little idea is to throw away family authority so that either religious or state authority can actually function. There is no way an unrestricted family authority do not contradicts either religious or state authority. This is never going to happen because not all people who reproduce are devoted people or law-abiding citizens.

Edited 8/26/2016 05:09:15
Centrist Thread: 8/26/2016 05:08:20

[TNW] Commander Vimes
Level 29
Of course the state would always make the right decisions.

How about we try Jeremy Clarkson's idea? He thinks that whenever a man reaches the age of consent, he should have an IQ test. If he gets below 80, then it's vasectomy time.
Posts 1 - 30 of 62   1  2  3  Next >>   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service