Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Off-topic Forum   

Posts 1 - 10 of 10   
Western Media's Dance with the Patriarchy.: 8/28/2016 03:42:45

Paugers
Level 41
Do you ever wander down the streets of your city and see posters for new movies or perhaps signs displaying large neon colored lettering to promote a popular musical artist visiting your location in but a few months? Or perhaps simply driving through the country side and finally tuning into the only understandable station in the area and you are surprised of what you hear? The blatant treating of women as sex objects in one song, another song explaining that the female singer lives to please her man or another of how the singer is 'depressed' since she lacks the love of the opposite sex? It's become increasingly apparent to some that Western media, seemingly as a whole, is moving towards promoting the obedient woman that does not question the will of her husband (or boyfriend) due to a demand by the whole of the population.

"BLASPHEMY! All famous women are femenazis seeking to rip the manhood off every male they meet!," you may say and while this was certainly true only a few decades ago, we're witnessing a 21st century transition from the media praising the idea of an independent woman to one bound to her traditional role in the family.

In theory, a majority of this influence may be coming from the increasingly antagonizing howls of the modern third wave feminist who may cry "SEXISM" about something as simple as a YouTube comment against a movie trailer she happens to enjoy, or a news article that personally disturbed her to the point of needing to write her complaints down in a Tumblr post or professional blog. However, though these women may speak the loudest, it's simply a fact that the majority of men do not find the strong woman attractive (CITATION: Handbook of the Sociology of Gender) and that as some women begin separating themselves from their familial roles, the quality of relationships continues deteriorating with evidence being the rise of divorce.

It is unquestionable that even if women do not knowingly notice this trend that men do not find a independent woman as attractive, that they will change their behavior to attract potential mates and reproduce (CITATION: Bearing Witness to Epiphany: Persons, Things, and the Nature of Erotic Life).

Thus media has began to transition themselves away from promoting feminine independence and followed what is popular among the common woman to sell their products. We see evidence to this from multiple popular actresses' responses to the question of if they are themselves, feminists. A few examples are Kim Kardashian's recent interview in which she said she was not a "free the nipple sort of girl" and doesn't prefer "labels" and when Katy Perry said, directly after receiving the woman of the year award, that she is "not a feminist" but believes in the "strength of women". Responses to these figures among staunch feminists varied from calling them ignorant, attacking their attitudes and individuality through cursing, among other things causing yet more disgust in regards to the feminist struggle.

In addition to this, pro-patriarchal messages have been prevalent in the modern music industry more and more, such as in a recent Nicki Minaj and David Guetta work called "Hey Mama", that held lyrics such as "I make sure that his baby [is] take[n] care [of]" and "Yes I do the cooking, Yes I do the cleaning" (FULL SONG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO59tfQ2TbA). Another song is Daya's "Hide Away", which is responsible for launching the artist high in the charts and speaks of a woman's need for chivilary and shames girls who "who get undressed, before the second date" (FULL SONG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmK0WHkFIo8).

To conclude, if left without any dire changes in circumstance, the West will return to a more patriarchal society based on the wants of modern men in a woman and the inability of far left women to control the basic instinct to reproduce. Additionally, Western media is influenced by the wants of the people and that media is not it's own organism, deciding what the average man and woman may consume and believe on a daily basis. The century long experiment of feminism has failed, it is simply not human nature.
Western Media's Dance with the Patriarchy.: 8/28/2016 03:59:19

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
The problem with extreme feminism is the same as the problem with patriarchy, namely family obedience. The only difference is in whether women should obey men or the other way round but the essence is the same (so are their oppressions). Family obedience is completely unnatural since animals never practice anything remotely like that nor should humans.

Why do people have to obey the arbitrary will and desires of other people? This can lead to crimes and other evils.

Independence does not mean promiscuity. The former is good while the latter in monogamy is bad. Most problems associated to extreme feminism exist because of promiscuity, not female independence which is both good and inevitable. The rise of divorce happens because of promiscuity and the broken family law system, not female independence. I'm absolutely egalitarian. However I absolutely oppose adultery because it destroys monogamy. Allowing family authority to exist in any way makes the West closer to conservative Islamic societies and this is certainly not good.

Anyway I'm absolutely anti-family and anti-sex. I believe solitude is the correct way of life and any form of coupledom, heterosexual or homosexual, monogamous or promiscuous is bad. So we can agree to disagree.:3

Edited 8/28/2016 04:16:26
Western Media's Dance with the Patriarchy.: 8/28/2016 04:11:05

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
Requiring a human to obey another outside limited circumstances such as the military is inherently evil and oppressive. Whether it is called patriarchy, matriarchy or something else is irrelevant. Humans are free individuals by nature and should not be enslaved by obedience to other humans.

Edited 8/28/2016 04:13:15
Western Media's Dance with the Patriarchy.: 8/28/2016 16:29:47

Paugers
Level 41
Family obedience is completely unnatural since animals never practice anything remotely like that nor should humans.

Actually, alpha (leader of the pack) wolves have a single alpha female which remains their primary mate their entire life and the male wolf also leads and orders about the pack, similar to humans hmm?

Requiring a human to obey another outside limited circumstances such as the military is inherently evil and oppressive. Whether it is called patriarchy, matriarchy or something else is irrelevant. Humans are free individuals by nature and should not be enslaved by obedience to other humans.

I'm not in the business of slavery, sir, I simply seek the best for the majority and children. It's been proven time and time again that these high divorce rates are have adverse effects on children forced to suffer under the selfish independence of both the man and woman in a relationship. Not to mention, many divorces cause depression for one or both members of the splitting.
Western Media's Dance with the Patriarchy.: 8/28/2016 16:51:29

Landsknecht
Level 12
I think unquestionable obedience being demanded of either sex is not good. Men should not be subservient to women, and women should not be subservient to men.

If one gender happens to be the more confident and dominant in a relationship, then that's that. We don't have to strictly enforce rules like "a man owns his wife's earnings and possessions. A woman does not question her husband. A husband must always make sure their wife is in their proper place". In that way, we're no better than Muslims calling for non-Muslim women to dress modestly or face consequences.

Even in relationships where the man seems to have more control, the woman still can be very independent. In some cases, I see couples where the male and female are strong, or vice versa.
Egalitarianism is what I agree with, not feminism. If a country happens to have a high number of domestic abuse towards men, then an egalitarian society wouldn't turn away because it's men getting abused.
Western Media's Dance with the Patriarchy.: 8/28/2016 16:54:12

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^^Yeah perhaps I'm not the one with reasonable correct opinion in terms of relationships since I'm outright anti-relationship. I don't even know the feelings of kissing since I never kissed or even hugged anyone for romantic reasons.

I don't like divorce, either. However I do not believe the main reason for high divorce rates is individual independence. Instead the fault lies in the unfair family court system that is systematically misandric and sexual promiscuity. In my opinion the best marriage system should be a modified of Orthodox Jewish marriages. Most people should enter monogamies if they are heterosexual and people in monogamies should not commit adultery (or face a heavy fine). However people of different genders should be allowed to shake hands and interact in strictly non-romantic settings and no gender segregation should exist. People who desire promiscuity should not enter monogamous marriages and should be allowed to live their poly life. However they must not commit adultery with people in monogamies (or face a heavy fine).

The solution to extreme feminism is egalitarianism and absolute individual independence, not patriarchy.

Edited 8/28/2016 16:57:45
Western Media's Dance with the Patriarchy.: 8/28/2016 16:56:24

OxTheAutist 
Level 58
^I agree :-)

Humans are Felinist. Not Caninist.

Meow!

^=^;; CR;DD ;;^=^
Western Media's Dance with the Patriarchy.: 8/28/2016 16:59:46

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^Well I will have to concede that humanity may be naturally caninist, not felinist. However felinism does not necessarily lead to humans refusing to interact with each other at all. Felinism merely means humans are absolutely independent, it does not make a confederation of individuals impossible.
Western Media's Dance with the Patriarchy.: 8/28/2016 17:03:16

berdan131
Level 55
Could you say in one sentence: pro or anti patriarchy. It's too much text to bother reading
lol

Edited 8/28/2016 17:04:45
Western Media's Dance with the Patriarchy.: 8/28/2016 17:05:25

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^anti-patriarchy.
Posts 1 - 10 of 10   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service