Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Off-topic Forum   

Posts 1 - 30 of 54   1  2  Next >>   
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 00:32:02

Spenglerian Traditionalist
Level 47
A thread in which to discuss the philosophy of life laid out by Oswald Spengler in The Decline of the West
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 00:46:31

berdan131
Level 55
"The Decline of the West" - nothing which we can stop or influence.

We're just two small ants within 800 million population who live in the west
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 00:47:15

Level 47
+1 berdan
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 01:20:34

Paugers
Level 41
The West is nothing but cultural boundaries, yet you treat it as if it is a physical 'thing' in which you can hurt and fight. There is no 'West', there is only Western culture which will simply evolve with our world.
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 01:21:59

Level 47
topkek Paugers
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 01:34:14

Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
+1 Paugers, glad you're not totally mad.
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 01:36:30

Anglo
Level 10
So Paugers isn't a follower anymore?
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 01:37:44

Level 47
''which will simply evolve''

yeah because classical culture ''evolved'' topkek

''So Paugers isn't a follower anymore?''

hes come out of the closet, hes a communist openly now.

>anarchist
>calls others mad

all my keks

Edited 8/30/2016 01:39:12
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 01:41:40

Level 47
''a physical 'thing'''

strawman
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 01:48:45

Level 49
"yet you treat it as if it is a physical 'thing' in which you can hurt and fight"

It's not a strawman, it's accurate, what you're doing is showing his points out of context.
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 01:51:26

Level 47
nope its a strawman, I've never said any of those things.
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 01:56:35

Level 49
You're a follower of the organic culture cult, you made a thread about it and said that you followed it.

The belief that cultures are organic beings and not merely social constructions, that cultures are invisible spiritual beings bound to a certain geographic area and that these beings influence our lives. In that way it is a religious belief. Its the belief that cultures are destined to die as all men are and that each culture is more unique than any man. To expand upon the last point I'm essentially saying there is no real continuity between cultures. No continuity between Babylon and Egypt and Magian. That there is no continuity between the Classical, Roman and Western. Implicit in this belief is the belief in life stages of cultures and many of the adherents to this belief have said this explicitly. Gebsers' model for the unfolding of a cultures' consciousness is quite good.
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 01:57:19

Level 47
where did I say ''physical thing''?

Also if you're going to shitpost at least do 30 seconds of research so as to not make yourself look retarded.

Edited 8/30/2016 01:58:49
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 01:58:52

Level 49
Where did Paugers say you think it's a physical thing? He said you treat it as a physical (a better word is real) thing. Which you most certainly do.
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 01:59:48

Level 47
''He said you treat it as a physical (a better word is real) thing. Which you most certainly do''

Another strawman.
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 02:01:50

Level 49
Also if you're going to shitpost at least do 30 seconds of research so as to not make yourself look retarded.

>believes cultures are physical things, Jews control everything, and everyone who doesn't agree with him is a cuck

Stop shitposting Karl, your entire existence is throwing up bizarre and idiotic theories on things, insulting everyone and trying to justify psychopathy. You're a shitposter of the highest degree.
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 02:04:13

Level 47
''believes cultures are physical things, Jews control everything, and everyone who doesn't agree with him is a cuck''

strawmen and character attacks

''Stop shitposting Karl, your entire existence is throwing up bizarre and idiotic theories on things, insulting everyone and trying to justify psychopathy. You're a shitposter of the highest degree.''

you more or less said ''everyone who disagrees with me is retarded''
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 02:04:43

Level 49
''He said you treat it as a physical (a better word is real) thing. Which you most certainly do''

Another strawman.

That's not a strawman, I didn't present a argument and say you said it.

a sham argument set up to be defeated.

Stop changing the definition of every god damn word to fit your worldview. You did this with fascism, and you're doing this with strawman to turn it into a word you go to when anyone presents an argument that you can't beat.
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 02:06:12

Level 47
''That's not a strawman, I didn't present a argument and say you said it.''

Yes you did.

''Stop changing the definition of every god damn word to fit your worldview. You did this with fascism, and you're doing this with strawman to turn it into a word you go to when anyone presents an argument that you can't beat.''

No examples given, baseless character attack.
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 02:07:04

Level 49
strawmen and character attacks

Which is literally all you do when you use ">"s. You insult and create strawmen.

you more or less said ''everyone who disagrees with me is retarded

Here comes Karl with his making shit up.
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 02:08:27

Level 47
''Which is literally all you do when you use ">"s. You insult and create strawmen.''

deflecting and bandwagon fallacy

''Here comes Karl with his making shit up.''

''someone called me out on my fallacies, better insult them again.''
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 02:09:38

Level 49
''That's not a strawman, I didn't present a argument and say you said it.''

Yes you did.

No, I didn't you. I said that you did indeed believe that, I did not set up an argument to defeat.

No examples given, baseless character attack

Example: Strawman

Also, quit hiding behind "omgz, staph beating my arguments, youra strawman", you coward troll.
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 02:12:10

Level 49
''someone called me out on my fallacies, better insult them again.''

This describes you perfectly. You can't argue factually, so you change definitions, make fallacious arguments and insult everyone, and when someone calls you out on your shit, you cry out every damn fallacy in existence.
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 02:12:15

Level 47
''Also, quit hiding behind "omgz, staph beating my arguments, youra strawman", you coward troll.''

You haven't addressed any of my arguments. You've gotten caught up derailing the thread.
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 02:15:24

Level 49
You haven't addressed any of my arguments. You've gotten caught up derailing the thread.

You don't have arguments to address. You replied to me providing evidence that you did in fact treat cultures as physical objects with "strawman", when not even using it correctly, and didn't make any further arguments.
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 02:19:00

Level 47
''You don't have arguments to address.''

Then why even come to the thread? You're just here to shitpost. Its the same reason you wont have a debate with me, you wouldn't get any attention. You're not interested in talking about things, you just want to get your e-penis sucked when you troll threads.

Edited 8/30/2016 02:24:59
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 02:22:42

Paugers
Level 41
Lmfao.
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 02:32:29

Eklipse {TJC}
Level 56
Wait. First Paugers was a traditional conservative, than he was alt-right, now he's Communist...?

I'm so confused.
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 02:34:13

Level 49
I won't debate with you on that site because it is useless, you're not going to be convinced and I'm not going to be convinced. And the entire point of a forum is to chare your opinions on some particular subject, if you were actually opposed to doing it for "attention" (I.E wanting a public debate where others can also form opinions) you wouldn't even use fora.
The Decline of the West: 8/30/2016 02:35:02

Level 47
now you're just trying to justify shitposting.
Posts 1 - 30 of 54   1  2  Next >>   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service