<< Back to Off-topic Forum   

Posts 1 - 30 of 70   1  2  3  Next >>   
The voice of God on racism.: 8/31/2016 13:26:55

Paugers
Level 41
Morgan Freeman's opinions on racism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0p_pQ7PTYU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBSgaIUzfwU

All Sqiggles, be aware that I use 'voice of God' not seriously.

Edited 8/31/2016 13:27:49
The voice of God on racism.: 8/31/2016 15:08:38

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
Mixed race between Jews and goyim.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamzer

There are only two races, Jews and goyim?

Edited 8/31/2016 15:09:43
The voice of God on racism.: 8/31/2016 15:09:58

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^What is a race?

It needs to be defined.

Also your extension of the definition of mamzer may not be justified. Biblically there are only Israelites and goyim.

Edited 8/31/2016 15:11:00
The voice of God on racism.: 8/31/2016 15:11:41

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^I mean Biblically nobody cared about whether someone was mixed between two different forms of goyim. Goyim are...well goyim Biblically and nobody cared about separate forms of goyim too much. Just not Israelite and Canaanite. Mixing Israelite and Ammonite/Moabite is not good. On the other hand, mixing Israelite and Egyptian, Edomites are OK.

Edited 8/31/2016 15:13:42
The voice of God on racism.: 8/31/2016 15:15:58

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^^Are Germans and Frenchmen separate races? What about Germans and Poles? How different humans need to be to qualify as separate races genetically?

Edited 8/31/2016 15:17:47
The voice of God on racism.: 8/31/2016 15:20:24

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^Any arbitrary ideology needs some standards to be enforced. For example if you want gender segregation you need to determine the gender of transsexuals. If you want racial segregation you need to define races and determine the races of each person.

OK so are Germans and Croats one race? Also by tying race to ethnicity (I.e. A race is composed of several ethnicities) you are in risk of allowing racial passing through assimilation which defeats the very purpose of racism since ethnicity is inherently an unclear term. For example many Old Prussians assimilated into Germans and Poles. Please tell me who among modern Germans are or partial Old Prussian ancestry.

Edited 8/31/2016 15:23:58
The voice of God on racism.: 8/31/2016 15:28:33

OxTheAutist 
Level 58
karl, is any race better than another?

if so, how?
The voice of God on racism.: 8/31/2016 15:33:27

Jhemiti95
Level 38
is karl g o l d b e r g a kuck?

da self e v i d a n t

is he suk?

also da self e v i d a n t

u kuck & u suck karl
The voice of God on racism.: 8/31/2016 15:36:43

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^^There are superior and inferior cultures, not so much with ancestry in terms of what is commonly called race. What is commonly misunderstood as racial inferiority is in fact cultural backwardness that can be fixed through development and education.

Also race makes no sense if you allow assimilation into races. If you allow assimilation then that term should be called culture, not race. Race is something that is only based on genetics and nothing else.

Edited 8/31/2016 15:39:14
The voice of God on racism.: 8/31/2016 17:34:21

Bactrian Emperor
Level 12
Oh Morgan Freeman...

Who'd be religious if it turned out he actually was God?
The voice of God on racism.: 8/31/2016 17:55:04

Daniel
Level 45
He is God, haven't you watched Bruce Almighty?
The voice of God on racism.: 8/31/2016 19:16:57

Von Jewburg
Level 35
Why are we using a book older than Squiggles' sacred text to justify something? Both books are full of equally ludicrous shit.

I'll give you ten examples of ridiculous stuff spanning the Old Testament, the New Testament, and the Quran.

1. The Quran says Muhammad split the moon apart.
2. Lot offers his daughters to be raped by the mob at Sodom. The daughters proceed to get Lot drunk and have sex with him.
3. In Judges 19, a concubine is raped to death and her master cuts her corpse up into pieces.
4. Jesus curses a fig tree for no reason
5. The entirety of Revelations. Honestly, it's as if the writer was on all the drugs.
6. Quran, 5:33; if you fight Muslims, crucify them or chop off a hand and a foot and exile them. Truly a religion of peace and compassion!
7. David and Bathsheba; where David kills a man to screw his wife.
8. God's flipflopping with the Pharaoh's mind.
9. God tells Abraham that he can only be blessed if he cuts off part of his genitals
10. Good old Samson. a "hero" who kills thousands of Philistines in many cruel ways.

Tell me, should we base our modern laws off of books that have this, and depict many of these people and stories as good?
The voice of God on racism.: 8/31/2016 21:14:58

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^The world would have been better if everyone were Jewish. At least it would have been more intellectual.
The voice of God on racism.: 8/31/2016 21:18:58

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
@Karl Race has to be 100% genetic or it will no longer make sense.

Assume that a Polish child was abducted and raised as a German. Is he/she racially German? Of course not! Is he/she culturally German? Of course yes! So is him/her actually racially a German according to you? What about his/her great-grandchildren if his/her descendants only marry racial Germans?

The reality is that racial passing is real and there is no way you can stop it merely by looking at appearance. However if you scientifically define race as a bunch of genetic information there is no way racial classification can be wrong.

You are either going to have real racism which is purely based on genetics or illogical pseudo-racism which is in reality largely based on culture, not genetics. Sure you can claim that people that look significantly different from one group can not assimilate into that group, but you are still going to allow people that look similar to one group to assimilate into it, which will inevitably include people with some very different genetic background. Please remember that a person with 15 white greatgreatgrandparents and 1 black one is likely to pass as 100% white and a person with 15 black greatgreatgrandparents and 1 white one is likely to pass as 100% black. There is no way even the greatest racial difference can not be bridged by enough generations of intermarriage and racial passing inevitably happens unless you scientifically define race.

Edited 8/31/2016 21:37:00
The voice of God on racism.: 9/1/2016 00:05:18

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
I don't believe in racism, but I do care about logical consistency.

For example Islam is internally logically consistent since its concept of abrogation inherently makes it impossible to have any logical contradiction in Islam no matter how many Qur'anic suras contradict each other. So if you don't like Islam you can not pick on its internal consistency.

Edited 9/1/2016 00:10:52
The voice of God on racism.: 9/1/2016 08:01:25

[TNW] Commander Vimes
Level 30
Von Jewburg's quotes are a great example of how literalism (not a word, but it should be) ruins religion.

Karl, you do realize that many of the scriptures you quote prove nothing?

Edited 9/1/2016 08:02:39
The voice of God on racism.: 9/1/2016 08:13:47

[TNW] Commander Vimes
Level 30
''Assume that a Polish child was abducted and raised as a German. Is he/she racially German?''

yes

''on culture, not genetics.''

interrelated

So culture and genetics are the same, but a Polish child raised in Germany is German? I think you need to get a basic understanding of genetics and inherited characteristics etc, my friend.
The voice of God on racism.: 9/1/2016 08:50:10

[TNW] Commander Vimes
Level 30
Okay, there is perhaps a bit of a strawman there. However, my point is still valid, because you said that a Polish child raised in Germany is racially German, which is obviously not true.
The voice of God on racism.: 9/1/2016 10:05:51

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^If someone is a Ukrainian who goes to Germany and decides that the German culture is better than the Ukrainian culture and decide to be Germanized. Will he/she or his/her descendants be German?

How different genetically people need to be to not allow this procedure? (I.e. For example someone is 3/4 German and 1/4 black Namibian, can he/she be considered German if he/she is culturally German? What if he/she is 15/16 German and 1/16 black Namibian? )

Also do you believe that Europe should be united into one culture and ethnicity since it is certainly largely feasible according to you?

Edited 9/1/2016 10:17:05
The voice of God on racism.: 9/1/2016 11:57:48

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^Well I probably agree with you more than I thought I would.

However I do not believe that one can not be allowed to change ethnicity/cultural group. There is a virtue in members of relatively bad cultural groups consciously deciding to join relatively good cultures. Maybe a Ukrainian that wants to be German can be a semi-German (German by choice raised as non-German) but his/her descendants can be fully German? This also applies to other cultural groups?

I personally believe that the Ashkenzi Jewish culture, the German culture, the New England culture, the (native) Swedish culture and the culture of Silicon Valley STEM people are advanced cultures and hence it is honorable for people to try to join them.

Edited 9/1/2016 12:04:38
The voice of God on racism.: 9/1/2016 12:04:21

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^That's good.:-)

That's pretty DNVP-like. I'm not a fan of NSDAP/Nazis because they did not give people a choice to be German if they were not born as Germans.

Edited 9/1/2016 12:06:14
The voice of God on racism.: 9/1/2016 12:06:36

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^For individuals to be able to change their culture.:-)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_National_People%27s_Party

Ok it was monarchist and anti-Jewish but they were emphasizing cultural identity as opposed to ancestry.

Edited 9/1/2016 12:07:46
The voice of God on racism.: 9/1/2016 12:08:38

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^But there is always some way the descendants of any person can be German or French or anything if they want to, right?

To me only culture and ideas matter, not ancestry since people can not change their ancestry.

Edited 9/1/2016 12:10:03
The voice of God on racism.: 9/1/2016 12:13:56

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^Great!
The voice of God on racism.: 9/1/2016 12:23:25

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
I'm only opposed to exclusive ethnic nationalism. However American nationalism is good.

Felinism really means "The State and The Individual". It requires a benevolent democratic state to protect individual rights and in return individuals should obey all the written laws of the state which should be so elaborate and accurate that even a computer knows what is legal and what is illegal.

Edited 9/1/2016 12:25:18
The voice of God on racism.: 9/1/2016 12:26:21

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^Genocide in the sense of killing humans is of course evil to me. However if "genocide" is distorted to mean eradication of certain ethnic identities without actually killing people then I can not condemn it. Sometimes for the sake of the greater good certain identities need to be eradicated without anyone getting killed.

American nationalism is good because America is one of the freest places on planet Earth. You can hold unconventional views, do not have to submit to a monarch, etc. You can be Amish or Haredi but nobody will harm you for that. You can join the KKK or Nation of Islam if you want to (although I consider both groups to be harmful to America) without being arrested. All humans should be glad that America exists, not just as a hypothetical concept but as reality.

Edited 9/1/2016 12:32:36
The voice of God on racism.: 9/1/2016 12:37:05

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^Is your fundamentalist vision going to be based on Biblical Jewish Christianity or the Hellenized Gentile Christianity, may I ask? Jewish Christianity is more hardcore and true to what Christianity should be than Gentile Christianity.

Well but then the word "genocide" is misleading. If nobody is killed there is no killing of any human being and it is not really necessarily evil at all.

Edited 9/1/2016 12:39:46
The voice of God on racism.: 9/1/2016 13:13:33

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^That's a silly concept. Cultural homogeneity is good for nations. Collective rights can only be defined as the sum of individual rights. Any collective "rights" outside individual rights make no sense.

What I said about Hellenization is accurate. The radical Christian movement I used to be in, Messianics, are a movement that desires only pure Jewish Christianity. It is pretty strict in its practices and have some good intellectual appeal as well.

Edited 9/1/2016 13:16:50
The voice of God on racism.: 9/1/2016 13:54:35

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^Hellenization simply means that due to Greek cultural difference later Christianity is different from original Jewish Christianity. Due to the strict nature of Christianity it is probably a very bad idea to be a moderate Christian. Hence Jewish Christianity makes much more sense than Goyish Christianity.

Individual rights do exist or at least they should. Rights should correspond to responsibility though. Whenever you have a legal duty you should have the rights to perform it without interference from others. Also nobody should be forced to commit crimes. This is my main argument against family power namely it interferes with state power and individual religious freedom.

Edited 9/1/2016 13:57:17
The voice of God on racism.: 9/1/2016 14:03:10

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^There needs to be a term about that phenomenon, hence I used "Hellenization"

Then individual rights do exist as guaranteed by the state. You may not understand what I mean by individual rights. My concept is largely more about being able to be alone. Individualism is about opposing the society and its people, not the state. For example if everyone consumes corn syrup I have a right to refuse to consume it but instead consume beet sugar. If everyone wants to listen to pop music I have a right to refuse to listen to them but instead listen to cats meowing. If everyone wants to get coupled I have a right to never gets coupled. However I do care about not wasting water because Massachusetts is in a drought when I remember it. I also remember to pay my fair share of taxes voluntarily without cheating IRS.

Edited 9/1/2016 14:08:07
Posts 1 - 30 of 70   1  2  3  Next >>   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service