Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Off-topic Forum   

Posts 1 - 30 of 43   1  2  Next >>   
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/8/2016 23:46:10

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
What would happen? Hebrew would be the most popular language? Most food on Planet Earth would be kosher? There would be more scientists? Yerushalayim would be the seat of UN?

Edited 9/8/2016 23:49:18
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/8/2016 23:48:17

Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
You get downvoted
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/8/2016 23:50:06

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^Just some implications.:-) I'm not saying whether the world would have been better or worse. Let's just say what we think it would be like.

For example if the world were completely Jewish there would have been very little terrorism. On the other hand the world might be genetically too uniform which may not be good for humanity in the long run. For example Hebrew being the language for all is not inherently a bad idea. However niqqudim may need to be added for the purpose of communication in science since science can not tolerate ambiguity which abjad inherently contains. One implication of the entire world being Jewish is diet. Since many Jews keep kosher halakhically unclean animals goyim traditionally eat may not be raised a lot.

Edited 9/8/2016 23:56:30
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/8/2016 23:54:03

Spenglerian Traditionalist
Level 47
Everyone would be dead.
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/8/2016 23:54:40

Жұқтыру
Level 55
You get downvoted.
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/8/2016 23:55:42

Stewie
Level 51
probably the same as what would happen with any religion: (eventually) less deaths, but slower technologic progress.

specificially for Jews; Hebrew as world language, "Promised land" become the most wealthy area of Earth, and a world government with it's seat on Jerusalem.

that's my two cents at least.
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/8/2016 23:56:35

OxTheAutist 
Level 58
The entire world being Jewish and an increase of scientists is a huge juxtaposition. What science would they be teaching? The science of how the world was created in 6 days? lol
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 00:01:03

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^^We should also discuss what happens in a Muslim world later.:-) One implication will be the nonexistence of alcohol and as a result many crops traditionally cultivated for wineries will not even be planted. Another implication is that pigs will largely only exist in zoos since Muslims do not eat pork nor raise pigs. One unexpected result will be that cats literally rule since Muslims consider dogs to be unclean and largely dislike them. Arabic would be the global lingua franca though other languages such as Malay and Urdu will continue to exist. Full vowels again need to be written in scientific papers in a Muslim world. Makkah would be really crowded during Hajj since everybody were a Muslim and hence the UN (seated in what is now Saudi Arabia) would try to make Hajjs safe and cheap. World peace would not come because Muslims keep declaring jihads on each other due to different interpretations of Islam.

In a Jewish world the rabbis need to solve the problem of Shabbos goyim since goyim do not exist. There would be no violent ethnic/racial conflicts at all. However there would be serious not-very-violent religious conflicts between chilonim (secular Jews) and haredim (Ultra-Orthodox). Every week people have Fridays and Saturdays off.

Edited 9/9/2016 00:12:16
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 00:03:55

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^^Nah even Haredim do not necessarily believe in a literal interpretation of Bereshit. By Jewish, I mean culturally, not just religiously Jewish. It is like a global Israel without Arabs.

Edited 9/9/2016 00:04:30
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 00:09:06

Level 49
So lots of mass graves
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 00:09:54

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^In a Jewish or Muslim world?
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 00:11:32

Level 49
Well the goyyim had to have gone somewhere
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 00:12:48

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^Assume that goyim have never existed or have gone into space. Like in 3000 CE due to worries about meteors hitting planet earth all non-Haredim have left the Solar System for Alpha Centuri. Hence the earth is now devoid of goyyim (and well, not-too-religious Jews). Only some Haredi groups keep living on Earth.

Edited 9/9/2016 00:25:26
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 00:14:35

Level 49
A sparsely populated world with tons of disasters caused by un-operated facilities like dams and nuclear plants
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 00:18:07

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^Probably since Haredim men usually do not work and Haredim are largely uneducated in secular subjects. Maybe some Haredi women will operate the nuclear plants everyday except for Jewish holidays when either almost nobody works or people on one side of earth (that are not in a holiday) operate facilities on the other side.

Yeah a Haredi or Amish world would be a disaster. A Jewish (but not Haredi) world would be largely fine, though.

Edited 9/9/2016 00:22:52
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 01:10:28

Benjamin628 
Level 59
Woodrow Wilson's goals would be complete.

One religion - Judaism
One currency - IMF
One state - Israel

Edited 9/9/2016 01:11:41
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 01:30:41

Level 49
There's only 16 Million Jews, they cannot keep the pre-exodus infrastructure running.
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 01:31:07

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^I agree.
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 01:37:56

Von Jewburg
Level 35
Well.

A lot of the wars caused by religion would be gone. But we'd still be killing each other.
At some point the Jewish community would split apart similar to the Protestant Reformation.

Jews are humans. If the whole world was Confucian, would it make a difference? No. No human is better than another.

And Karl, before you say anything, if I shoot a Jew and an Aryan in the head, both will die.
If a Jew and an Aryan have ebola with no hospital nearby, both will die.
All of us are born, and all of us die.

The only difference is whether we're successful in doing what all life is driven to do: reproduce.
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 01:47:01

Level 49
If the whole world was Taoist or Confucian, that's different; those are more or less ideologies, not cultures or religions. Well maybe Taoism is a bit of religion with the alchemy and immortality thing but still.
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 01:53:53

Benjamin628 
Level 59
If the whole world was X, we would all die off. We strive and work together with our diversity to overcome challenges together. Innovation happens whenever people hate each other, for example the USA would be weaker without the civil war because we built up our factories for war. Capitalism is a beautiful or ugly system that creates money with competition, even if that results in sacrifice, and it makes us all richer. You must recognize the system and what direction it is heading. I personally think that Capitalism is beautiful, producing goods at the cheapest price.

Religion is mental slavery in my opinion, I never follow anyone's opinions, because they are not me. The Abrahamic religions are the biggest plantations in the world, and the worst part is--- you are not aware that you are a slave. Blind belief is slavery, whenever you become literate in the mental state of the you can communicate with others and work together to break out.

Another Note: A great portion of the Jews worldwide condemn Israel, because said Jews understand the troubles that Jews have faced and do not agree with Zionism.

Edited 9/9/2016 01:56:19
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 02:02:05

Von Jewburg
Level 35
Yeah Ben, I'm a pretty secular Jew.

Honestly, once I realized that there was gangrape of a prostitute in the Bible, I began to wonder whether or not this "God" was good if he needed a prostitute to get gangraped.

Judges 19-21. What a pointless and horrific part of a holy book used by billions.
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 02:07:09

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^^Diversity is both good and bad. When humanity turns competition into a death match it is no longer good. Sure we have to tolerate diversity that can not be eliminated such as diversity in human skin color as well as diversity that is beneficial such as diversity of ideas. However humans should still largely work towards the same direction. Diversity that leads to threats to humanity, on the other hand, is bad. ISIS among a bunch of normal people is certainly diversity, however it is bad diversity instead of good diversity.

As for the civil war, America was lucky that Mexico was in a war with France and Britain had abolished slavery. If the civil war led to independence of the South or some other weird result such as Britain annexing Maine America would have been in trouble. The South had been devastated for many years because of the Civil War which is anything but good for America. Other countries usually have it much worse because of civil wars. For example Russia was almost annexed by Poland-Lithuania (maybe forever) when the False Dmitries rose up. Well Russia finally survived and got Moscow back but it took a long time for Russians to recover what they lost during these times.

Edited 9/9/2016 02:11:32
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 02:07:52

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^^I do sometimes wish that everybody were Jewish.:-)

BTW if theism is true then there is no more secular morality. Morality becomes whatever the deity considers moral, even if that means everyone goes to hell. So the term "evil deity" makes absolutely no sense. A theistic deity can forces everybody to worship the deity seventy times a day, sleep for exactly seven hours and thirty-three minutes every day, raise exactly two cats, meow eight times a minute while being awake and practically everything else without being evil.

If Elohim actually exists and I know that, I will worship Him no matter what. :-)

Edited 9/9/2016 02:20:11
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 02:44:20

Level 47
''if I shoot a Jew and an Aryan in the head, both will die.
If a Jew and an Aryan have ebola with no hospital nearby, both will die.
All of us are born, and all of us die.''

Same applies to rats. Also Aryans aren't human either.
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 02:44:59

Level 47
*tips fedora at (((Benjamin)))
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 02:46:36

Benjamin628 
Level 59
^ There is no possible way within conventional logic that a all-knowing, all-good, all-powerful god can exist. This is known as the problem of evil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

Edit: @Tabby

Edited 9/9/2016 02:47:10
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 02:51:37

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^Good in a theist sense is simply defined as whatever the deity desires, including absolute cruelty towards any rebel.

This should be able to solve the Problem of Evil by simply removing it, namely a theist deity does not have to do any good to anyone from a secular point of view.

Also it does not matter whether a theist deity has to be all-knowing and all-powerful.

A theist deity in my definition is any entity that satisfies the following three conditions:
1.The entity is sentient.
2.The entity demands obedience from humanity.
3.Humanity can not successfully escape from (evade the control of) the entity.

In essence a theist deity is an absolutist king/queen who we can not avoid. Whether the deity knows anything about Mars or whether the deity can build a tower of height greater than 1 million feet are irrelevant. As long as the entity can kill you or put you into hell/Sheol/whatever for any offense then he/she/it is a theist deity.

Examples:
1.Kim Jong-un is NOT a theist deity. Mr.Kim is both sentient and someone that demands obedience from humanity, at least a part of it. However Kim is not a deity since humans can indeed escape from his rule.
2.Gravity is NOT a theist deity. Gravity is something no human can escape from. However it is neither sentient nor does it demand obedience from anyone.
3.Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is NOT a theist deity. He is sentient and demand obedience from humanity, however humans can evade his control.
4.The Judeo-Christian God is a theist deity. He is sentient, demands obedience from humanity and is impossible to escape from. Not even HaSagan can evade Him. Hence He is a theist deity if He exists.
5.The Islamic God is a theist deity. He is sentient, demands obedience from humanity and is impossible to escape from. Just as the Judeo-Christian God, the Islamic God is a theist deity.

Edited 9/9/2016 03:12:17
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 03:03:27

Level 47
''There is no possible way within conventional logic that a all-knowing, all-good, all-powerful god can exist. This is known as the problem of evil.''

>fedora tipping increases exponentially
What if the entire humanity were Jewish?: 9/9/2016 03:21:17

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
What I said is simple: any sentient entity who we absolute can not evade and demands obedience from humanity is a theist deity of humanity. A theist deity does not have to be omnipotent nor omniscient, just potent enough to and know enough to control humans. A theist deity can be in or outside the universe.

Theist deities can kill every single organism in the universe without being evil because the secular concept of evil does not exist when a theist deity exists.

A theist deity is an extremely powerful dictator, benevolent or malevolent or neither.

What I advocate for is the idea that we have to obey certain theist deities if they do exist even if they may do things that are not good for humans since disobedience is even worse for humans.

Edited 9/9/2016 03:32:37
Posts 1 - 30 of 43   1  2  Next >>   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service