Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Clans Forum   

Posts 1 - 30 of 58   1  2  Next >>   
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 10:24:06

Maayan
Level 27
I am pretty much new to Warlight(invited by my friend).
I like to play multiplayer games and i see some people from Clans play the games really well.
So, to learn how to play and become a good player, should i join a clan?
or Will it come with experience?
Single Player games are little bit easier, and playing twice or thrice-it is easy to get stars.

If it is good to join a clan, which clan is good for beginners?
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 10:29:29

[TNW] Commander Vimes
Level 30
I would advise you to keep playing for a bit longer. Don't listen to anyone telling you to join DARKLORDS, MSF, or waco. DARKLORDS is an inactive troll clan, MSF is inactive, and waco is a troll clan.

Feel free to invite me to a strat MME game - I'm far from the best player (in fact, far from even being called good), but I am always keen to play and I could probably help you a little bit with 1v1.

Edited 9/11/2016 10:31:20
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 11:29:20

Onoma94
Level 59
https://www.warlight.net/Forum/168110-improve-skill-warlight

In alphabetic order, 101st, CORP, EIC, FCC, Hydra, Juggernauts Clan, M'Hunters, New World Order, Outlaws offer most improvement for a motivated newbie I think (Juggs, CORP and FCC being the most inclusive, while M'H, Hydra and Outlaws have the best players).
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 12:54:07

Maayan
Level 27
Thank you Commander Vimes. I have invited to a game(MME-Modified Middle Earth).

Thank you Onoma94-I am seeing all those clans. And each clan has different requirements for joining. I have to play more games to meet their requirements.
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 13:30:49

Fan the Apostle
Level 56
You probably need to be a higher level to have a better selection
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 13:45:43

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^^What kind of games do you usually play?

You don't need a clan if you do not regularly play WL.

Meow!:3
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 13:52:59

Maayan
Level 27
Fan the Apostle, yes-i understood that. Atleast 100 or more games I should play first.
Tabby Juggernaut-I want to play team games in multiplayer games.
I regularly play warlight(WL) for past few days and hope to continue for future too.
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 14:00:42

Onoma94
Level 59
Don't forget to check the link I provided too. :P as well as this https://www.warlight.net/Forum/168132-strat-guides
You don't need a clan to improve your play but yeah it's fun to be in one and gives you people to play with.

Edited 9/11/2016 14:01:23
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 14:02:40

Lukku
Level 55
Hmm what sort of team games? If it's 2v2 or 3v3 on a decent template feel free to invite me (although you may have certain settings locked)
- downvoted post by [FEL]Chatul
- downvoted post by [FEL]Chatul
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 15:23:47

TeamGuns 
Level 58
If you want to play a few games with me I could give you some tips on picking and general play strategy.
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 17:26:01

Omniscient 
Level 54
" I could probably help you a little bit with 1v1."

1v1: 17 / 91 (19%)

Is this a joke? It looks like Timinator could have his pet ferret tutor you at 1v1, you seem far more likely to instill bad habits into a newer player than you are to teach them anything useful.
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 17:31:10

Bayern München is the best!
Level 58
Join anything but FCC, or you'll be kicked once for no reason.
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 17:36:56

Omniscient 
Level 54
"For no reason" translates into: For being a neo-nazi.
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 17:38:58

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^LOL

Nazis won't survive 1 day in Felidae.
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 18:21:48

[WOLF] Colonel H Cardwell
Level 49
Don't join a clan. It is unnecessary. Clans are pointless, have nothing real to offer and are nearly-impossible to escape once you've joined. I advise you to carry on playing the game and never to join one.
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 18:48:00

Mike |GG| 
Level 60
yes it is
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 19:39:07

Bayern München is the best!
Level 58
Omniscient, it can translate into „For one comment without a warning“ too.
Also I guess it was absolutely in the rights of these woman-terrorist to try making an attack on a paris station?

Edited 9/11/2016 19:42:41
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 20:04:48

[TNW] Commander Vimes
Level 30
Is this a joke? It looks like Timinator could have his pet ferret tutor you at 1v1, you seem far more likely to instill bad habits into a newer player than you are to teach them anything useful.

Lol. No, I could actually have a winrate above 50% if I could actually be bothered trying. In most games I just use "skip to end" and don't bother working out the opponent's income. I know all the theory however.
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 22:51:39

Platinum
Level 58
I recommend learning the game by reading the strategy guides to enhance strategic play and to more importantly find out if you like it if you do, Join a strategy clan that teaches basics > intermediate e.g Hydra + M'Hunters large clans.

If you don't like Strategy, Join diplomacy + RP games if you figure you enjoy them then join a Diplomacy/RP clan e.g CORP Westeros United , United Nations just check the damn clan page they even have a GoT themed clan.

If you don't like Strategy or Diplomacy...

Call of Duty , Fifa 17 and Agar.io are all great substitutes.
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 22:55:14

Taran
Level 55
^^Please don't use the old "Oh yeah I could defiantly do/be ----- if I actually tried" excuse. The phrase is overused and usually means someone is lying if nothing backs them up-- i.e. game links where they actually try. Besides, knowing the theory doesn't mean you can execute the theory.

And in reference to you, Maayan, joining a clan is neither good or bad. It is just an aspect of the game, which some players like more than others. Not joining a clan is perfectly fine, and it is quite possible to improve without one. And if you are looking for a beginner's clan/tips, Onoma's posts above have been pretty accurate.

Edited 9/11/2016 22:57:31
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 23:04:11

master of desaster 
Level 64
Clan good
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 23:09:04

OxTheAutist 
Level 58
If you don't like strategy or diplomacy, you could also choose to not fall asleep in English class.
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 23:13:20

OxTheAutist 
Level 58
I recommend learning the English language, by reading books / hiring an English tutor / moving to an English speaking country, and to more importantly find out if you want to speak the language. If you don't, you could always try to learn something like Spanish or Mandarin to at least communicate with other people from places like Argentina / China (large countries).

If you don't like speaking properly, you could always move to an impoverished neighbourhood in Ireland or Detroit where they don't actually speak English, but instead just a series of random babbles that not even they can understand.

If you don't like speaking normal English or retard English...

Using Potatoe -> Google translate is a nice substitute.
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 23:28:43

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^Maayan is Indian. He is very likely to be able to speak fluent English since it is one of the lingua francas in India.

Edited 9/11/2016 23:28:58
Is joining a clan good?: 9/11/2016 23:34:15

DomCobb
Level 45
Pros of joining a clan:
Gaining experience*

Cons of joining a clan:
Bad leadership
No usefulness
Dictatorships
Hijackings

*-may not gain experience
Is joining a clan good?: 9/12/2016 01:06:48

Rogue Nikolai Krogius
Level 57
If you want to get better then I recommend you do the following things.

1. Read the strat guides and play the game until they make sense. There are some things that will take you a year to understand or notice when you can just read it in an hour. It is a very fast way to learn the game.

2. Understand that nothing in WL's autogames random. Who moves first, gets cards, uses cards, how many armies you kill while attacking, how many armies you kill while defending, and mutli player move order can be calculated/estimated with knowledge on hand before you make your moves (in most situations). If you lost it is because your play style was inferior. Accept this and move on. Blaming your defeat on randomness or on others cheating or luck will not help you move forward in your training.

3. Look at history. DO NOT SKIP TO END. History will give you all of the information necessary to defeat your enemy and if you don't use it then your enemy will and he/she will have that much more advantage over you. You can also use History to look at your opponents moves and copy their play style (only if they are good players).

4. Recognize the difference between good players and bad players. Look at games between top players on the ladder and try to figure out why one person won and the other lost. You can also look at your own games and compare. Ask questions like "What are they doing that I am not?" and "How did they know before hand what their opponent would do?"

5. After you have completed these steps and answered all of your own questions then join a clan that specializes in training. Several good ones were already mentioned. You need to teach yourself HOW to think before somebody can train you on what to think. Additionally, players will not get frustrated with you as easily if you understand what they are trying to teach.

Edited 9/12/2016 01:08:53
Is joining a clan good?: 9/12/2016 01:17:28

Bane 
Level 59
There are no tangible benefits to joining a clan.
Is joining a clan good?: 9/12/2016 07:09:43

[WOLF] Colonel H Cardwell
Level 49
People that worship a person with an elephant head are welcome on WarLight.
Posts 1 - 30 of 58   1  2  Next >>   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service