Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Off-topic Forum   

Posts 1 - 16 of 16   
When is absurdity seen as reality?: 11/23/2016 18:50:05

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/04/16/5-ancient-black-civilizations-africa/

What? How can http://realhistoryww.com be a reliable source on anything? It is as bad as Jew Watch or other lunatic websites.

Yeah Greeks, ancient Middle Easterners (Sumerians), Indians, Chinese and Mexicans were/are all black. Really? I agree that ancient black civilizations did exist (Kingdom of Kongo, Benin Empire, Malian Empire, Ethiopia, etc). However claiming that many clearly non-black ancient civilizations are somehow black is absurd.

Edited 11/23/2016 18:56:54
When is absurdity seen as reality?: 11/23/2016 19:28:31

knyte 
Level 58
I don't think you're going to get worthwhile discussion on the topic here, so if you're actually interested in learning more- I'd recommend heading to /r/badhistory that's discussed this topic a lot (and actually places value on extensive citations and thoughtful discussion).

Also, props for not making a cringy "STEM" comment here. I know it's only one post in, but I think that's like a new record for you. Keep it up!
When is absurdity seen as reality?: 11/23/2016 19:31:41

Benjamin628 
Level 59
Yeah Greeks, ancient Middle Easterners (Sumerians), Indians, Chinese and Mexicans were/are all black.

Yes a lot of hypocrites* believe this, but it isn't very far from the truth.

Here is a map of the main deserts of the world, red being <span class='burning'>hot</span> deserts and yellow being temperate deserts. I have overlayed a 50x50px green dot at the approximate center of each of the civilizations you have listed, and you can see they are at about the same latitude. Having the protein melanin is an advantage to people living in these <span class='burning'>hot</span> conditions (with the exception of Greece and mostly China), because your skin will not burn as easy.

TL;DR they were probably all darker than what we consider today as mixed or brown, with the exception of Greece and China.

* "The Egyptian Pharaohs/Sumerian Kings were black" "Blacks were historically oppressed"

Edited 11/23/2016 19:33:38
- downvoted post by Leibstandarte (Vengeance)
- downvoted post by Leibstandarte (Vengeance)
When is absurdity seen as reality?: 11/23/2016 20:29:42

Belgian Gentleman
Level 55
Ethnocentrism. Look it up.
When is absurdity seen as reality?: 11/23/2016 21:59:10

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
Any form of ethnocentrism is absurd.
When is absurdity seen as reality?: 11/24/2016 20:24:24

Жұқтыру
Level 55
let's glitch the server baby
When is absurdity seen as reality?: 11/25/2016 18:31:35

wct
Level 56
I don't think you're going to get worthwhile discussion on the topic here, so if you're actually interested in learning more- I'd recommend heading to /r/badhistory that's discussed this topic a lot (and actually places value on extensive citations and thoughtful discussion).

Knyte, you make a good point, and thanks for the good recommendation (direct link: https://www.reddit.com/r/badhistory/). I do give Tabby credit for trying to start some good topics for discussion -- even if they often get derailed -- and I think that's something that it would do us all good to encourage more.

Also -- perhaps my main point actually, and not directly addressed to you but to everyone -- I really do think that there has been recent improvement in the overall signal-to-noise ratio of the forums, and I would attribute that to the voting system. I think this is a viable way forward to getting better discussions in the forums. It especially requires people to focus more attention on up/downvoting comments rather than just posts.

DVing a whole post suppresses a noisy main topic, but also punishes any good sub-conversations that might be in there; whereas DVing individual comments on a more fine-grained level allows an interesting main topic to survive troll/spammers from derailing it. Currently, some good topics are being wholly suppressed when the only real problem with them are spam/troll comments within the thread (this thread being a good example, as it was hidden when I first found it, but it's not a bad topic for the OT forum).

It would be much better if people try to develop a habit of voting mainly on comments and only downvoting OPs which are truly noisy topics. The more people that do focus on comment voting, on a regular habitual basis, the faster the forums will improve in quality, IMO.

Edited 11/25/2016 18:35:50
When is absurdity seen as reality?: 11/25/2016 19:06:24

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^I agree. The forums have improved. :3

One thing I would like to convey is that mainstream African American news needs a higher standard in accuracy. Have you seen any mainstream newspaper in US of any other race promoting anything as absurd as that? (Sure Jew Watch and similar websites promote nonsense but they are not mainstream.) One standard for everyone.

Edited 11/25/2016 19:12:29
When is absurdity seen as reality?: 11/26/2016 02:35:36

wct
Level 56
When is absurdity seen as reality?: 11/26/2016 03:23:44

wct
Level 56
When is absurdity seen as reality?: 12/3/2016 18:42:22

[FEL] The Prince of Felidia
Level 55
Absurdity seen as realiy? Taggy think dogs have been deleted?
When is absurdity seen as reality?: 12/3/2016 20:10:42

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
Blacks should try to promote Eko Atlantic instead of attempting to impose labels of black and white on anything and everything.

IQ does not explain why Detroit is broken while Tehran is not. Culture does.
When is absurdity seen as reality?: 12/4/2016 07:59:33

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 17
I exist!
When is absurdity seen as reality?: 12/4/2016 08:26:07

[FEL] The Prince of Felidia
Level 55
Tabby, change your username
Posts 1 - 16 of 16   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service