Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to General Forum   

Posts 1 - 9 of 9   
Feline Single Player Level Contest: 1/8/2017 06:25:25

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
Hi guys,

We are running the Feline SPL Contest!

Season 1: Minimize the number of turns you need to complete The Feline State Games!

In particular please try to minimize the number of turns necessary to complete the following levels:
TFS 7: https://www.warlight.net/SinglePlayer/Level?ID=969167 (Please complete it within 5 turns.)
TFS11: https://www.warlight.net/SinglePlayer/Level?ID=969405 (Please complete it within 3 turns. If possible please complete it within 2 turns.)
TFS12: https://www.warlight.net/SinglePlayer/Level?ID=972768 (Please complete it within 17 turns. Seriously TFS12 stats are really horrible. There is even a person who took 318 turns to finish this one.)
TFS13: https://www.warlight.net/SinglePlayer/Level?ID=975354 (Please complete it within 23 turns. Seriously you probably can do better than 23.)
TFS14: https://www.warlight.net/SinglePlayer/Level?ID=976722 (Please complete it within 6 turns. You can probably do better than that.)
TFS16: https://www.warlight.net/SinglePlayer/Level?ID=972790 (Please complete it within 8 turns. You might be able to do better though it can be hard. Oh no. Not 112 turns please.)

Cheers,
Tabby

Edited 1/8/2017 07:21:05
Feline Single Player Level Contest: 1/8/2017 06:50:27

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
Hints:

1.In TFS7 Abuja is worth a lot. So you need to capture it first. You have heavy emergency blockade cards which you should use to remove all large enemy stacks and bosses,

2. TFS11 is a multiattack game. You have a huge income disadvantage at the beginning. However if you run around with a stack, carefully take every single enemy territory that does not border yours (AI does not deploy at any territory that does not border a neutral/another player unless it tries to set up a blockade so you can run freely). Then your border bonuses should be lost. Hence you should try to attack through your own border bonuses such as Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria from any direction. Note that AI generally does not attack any of your bonuses that are not on the border during Turn 1 so you do not need to defend them. By the way your border bonuses may not be defensible at all unless you know how to use your existing forces inside your border bonuses more effectively. I basically abandoned all of them.
If you want to complete it within 2 turns you probably need to reduce the enemy income to 5 or something a bit larger than 5. Furthermore you need to restrict the amount of enemy territories that exist.

3.TFS12, TFS13 and TFS16 are all extremely defensive games. The offensive rate is 5% and the defensive rate is 100%. The standard method to defeat AI here is not to attack with anything above 1 at all unless you are likely to take it. You should evacuate a territory bordering multiple enemy big stacks at the end of a turn when the enemy has its first move before yours. Then you should use first-turn transfers and airlifts to defeat the AI that attempts to attack you. Finally you should use delayed 1-army attacks against the now empty territory. 0-army Territories are usually worth attacking with 1. Your defense needs to be adequate which means you need 2 armies to defend against 10, 3 against 30, 5 against 70 and 50 against 970. If your transfers do not get executed before the enemy attack your territory needs to be defensible or you can hypothetically use transfer-only which I don't believe is on. Don't run into enemy stacks when you attempt to transfer to your own territories. When you try to ambush your enemies and counterattack with 1s please make sure that you have enough troops to kill ALL enemy troops before doing your delayed 1-army attacks. That means if your territory borders two 1000-army stacks. If the income of your enemy is 10 you need at least 1060 (1000*.05+1010) armies before the first move of your enemy to ensure that its stacks are going to be destroyed.

In particular when completing TFS13 you need to deal with Islands in the Atlantic Ocean, Swaziland and Islands in the Indian Ocean separately. When completing TFS12 it's probably a good idea to break DR Congo first with your big stack. You need to balance the needs to transfer troops to the south and the needs to finish off Chad. I took out most Cameroonian forces in my first first-turn ambush but you can also try something else.

4.In general when you try to play a hard SPL you should surrender first! Check the settings, extra cards and the customs scenario. In some SPLs in The Feline State II Series I will expect all players to know the custom scenario before attempting to complete the level. Yes I may even use complete fog with 99999 neutrals somewhere and you are still supposed to know the shape of the playable part of the map just like TFS3 and TFS4. I almost never announce my settings in the description which is basically more of a story than anything else so it's your job to read and understand the settings.

Edited 1/8/2017 07:26:23
Feline Single Player Level Contest: 1/8/2017 07:12:14

[FEL] The Prince of Felidia
Level 55
This is OT
Feline Single Player Level Contest: 1/8/2017 07:13:14

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^This is either General or Strat.

AI is ridiculously bad at multiattack, complete fog and highly defensive games.

I may try to create a level where one should try to defeat an AI with 10 times his/her income using a TFS12-like setting. AI usually can be tricked into attacking you and then run into your stacks easily.

Edited 1/8/2017 07:16:41
Feline Single Player Level Contest: 1/8/2017 08:44:51

[FEL] The Prince of Felidia
Level 55
This is about your delete dogs thing
Feline Single Player Level Contest: 1/8/2017 16:03:13

Жұқтыру
Level 55
Now go out there and play some Feline propaganda in the form of singleplayer educational levels! Meow!

Edited 1/8/2017 16:03:20
Feline Single Player Level Contest: 1/14/2017 05:08:22

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
TFS II 4: Please complete it within 5 turns.
https://www.warlight.net/SinglePlayer/Level?ID=979563

Hints:
1.Multiattack is on.
2.The kill rates are very extreme!
3.Use Airlift Cards and Order Priority Cards to protect your big stack.
4.One stack of 100 is better than two stacks of 50.
5.Big stacks that do not border any hostile territories can not be used.

(In before hours wasted on this level)

Edited 1/14/2017 05:12:30
Feline Single Player Level Contest: 1/14/2017 06:15:51

Жұқтыру
Level 55
Do it, Dan !
Feline Single Player Level Contest: 1/14/2017 16:01:59

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
LOL this can be completed within...1 turn.

Thanks Robert! I'm going to use your trick to create a new level!
Posts 1 - 9 of 9   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service