Level 60
Cold weather is good: 2/27/2017 07:23:49

Japanball
Level 56
Evidence?
Cold weather is good: 2/27/2017 13:08:11

Remove Kebab
Level 58
Well cold weather does boost your immune system, which is why people in Russia such as in Norilsk I believe jump into freezing water.

I've seen something from RT before about Norilsk.
Cold weather is good: 2/27/2017 22:16:58

Clint Eastwood 
Level 58
That's why whites have higher IQs. Whites live farther from the equator, where it's much harder to survive. It's called adaption.
Does this mean you can stick a blonde in a freezer and she'll become a smart? No. But indirectly, and over the course of quite a few generations, yes, cold weather can and will increase IQs.
Cold weather is good: 2/27/2017 22:45:11

Darth Darth Binks
Level 56
Adaptation is referring to an individual being and how they change in the course of their lifetime. What you are referring to, Clint, is Evolution.
Cold weather is good: 2/27/2017 23:13:56

Clint Eastwood 
Level 58
In a sense, yes, maybe. But though the words, "adaption" and "evolution" have pretty much the same definition, they are used with slightly different meanings.
Evolution: a fish sprouting legs and walking on land.
Adaption: a certain race of humans getting slightly more intelligent so they won't up and die.
Cold weather is good: 2/27/2017 23:56:27

OxTheAutist 
Level 58
what stupid stuff

singapore lies almost exactly on the equator yet it has some of the smartest people in the world

this is some bullshit theory to try and justify white supremacy

retarded
Cold weather is good: 2/28/2017 00:44:49

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^Singapore is mostly NE Asian racially despite being tropical.

Remember how cold NE Asia is. Cold weather does not only apply to Caucasians.

LOL you think I'm a Caucasian supremacist? No. I'm not. Do you think I actually talk like one?

Hint: I have a different agenda.

Edited 2/28/2017 00:50:25
Cold weather is good: 2/28/2017 01:35:42

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
Cold weather is good: 2/28/2017 02:30:39

Жұқтыру
Level 55
Antarctica: the folk living there are so mindless and uncivilised that many of them are imprisoned and sent to cages about the world to look at the ooga ooga ackbar-in like the King Penguin tribe.
Cold weather is good: 2/28/2017 05:14:39

Clint Eastwood 
Level 58
singapore lies almost exactly on the equator yet it has some of the smartest people in the world

No one said just because it's cold or hot you're either smart or dumb. It tends to follow that pattern, yes, but there are many cold places with dumb people and many hot places with smart people.
Cold weather is good: 2/28/2017 05:36:48

Жұқтыру
Level 55
No one said just because it's cold or hot you're either smart or dumb.

title of thread: "Cold weather is good...for improving the IQ of a population.".

Furthermore if you at all wanted to make a point with this, you would use climates, back up with data (besides IQ tests), and suggest or ask reasons for why, and flaws with the methodology.

Also you wouldn't post it on WL.
Cold weather is good: 2/28/2017 07:41:15

Japanball
Level 56
Alaska anybody? Bred Sarah Palin-or rather, inbred Sarah Palin
Cold weather is good: 2/28/2017 16:00:09

Onoma94 
Level 60
I always knew that China is a cold country.
Cold weather is good: 2/28/2017 16:01:15

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^Almost all Chinese descended from Northern China even if some of them live in Southern China. Hence Chinese are legitimately a Northern people. Even the Vietnamese are partly Northern despite living in a climate hostile to civilization.

However even a Northern people can be corrupted by heat. Hawaii is a good example.

Edited 2/28/2017 16:03:13
Cold weather is good: 2/28/2017 17:27:50

Clint Eastwood 
Level 58
title of thread: "Cold weather is good...for improving the IQ of a population."

That doesn't mean that's all it's good for. No one ever said that just because it's cold you're magically smart; all we said is that there's a correlation.
Cold weather is good: 2/28/2017 17:45:16

Japanball
Level 56
Taggy, which logical fallacy is that?
Cold weather is good: 2/28/2017 21:43:15

Onoma94 
Level 60
^Almost all Chinese descended from Northern China even if some of them live in Southern China. Hence Chinese are legitimately a Northern people. Even the Vietnamese are partly Northern despite living in a climate hostile to civilization

Mongolia is north of China, is the same race, and still has lower IQ. Your argument doesn't work on me.
Cold weather is good: 2/28/2017 22:02:30

Жұқтыру
Level 55
No one ever said that just because it's cold you're magically smart

the title of this thread is saying that there it is caused by cold weather, not just corelated.
Cold weather is good: 2/28/2017 22:02:39

Жұқтыру
Level 55
nice REFUTATION onoma !
Cold weather is good: 2/28/2017 22:19:14

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^^Mongolia has a reasonably high IQ.
Cold weather is good: 3/1/2017 00:29:42

Clint Eastwood 
Level 58
the title of this thread is saying that there it is caused by cold weather, not just corelated.

For starters, no, it's not saying that. It just says it's good for improving the IQ of a population. It never says "If it's cold outside, you'll become smart."

Death is caused by getting shot in the chest with a gun, but just because you're shot in the chest doesn't mean you'll die for certain. So saying that cold causes intelligence is the same as saying bulletwounds cause death; normally, yes, but not always.

And yes, there are obviously other things that cause death; just as there are other things that cause intelligence.

Mongolians are smart. One list (https://iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country/mn-mongolia) says they're the 6th smartest country in the world, another (http://www.citiesobserver.com/8-countries-with-the-highest-reported-iqs/) says it's number 8. Notice how number 7 is Iceland, also a northern country. Japan, both Koreas, Singapore, and China, we've already established as smart, since most of them descended from the north. So basically, Italy just got really lucky genetics to somehow wind up on that list. The others, I believe, prove our point.

Edited 3/1/2017 00:41:32
Cold weather is good: 3/1/2017 03:04:06

Жұқтыру
Level 55
"If it's cold outside, you'll become smart."

how can you not understand the title of this thread:

"Cold weather is good for improving the IQ of a population."

in other words

"Cold weather improves/causes higher IQ."
Cold weather is good: 3/1/2017 05:38:00

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
Do you guys know that black Africans traditionally do not store food? Because they have no winters. Short lifespan, diseases, hot weather and food that is easy to obtain stunted their development.

The poorest people in Massachusetts still have to find homeless shelters during winters while tropical people might get away with not doing anything.

When the first humans left Africa they were not necessarily very superior to those they left behind. However life in Eurasia was so demanding that many did not survive. The few who survived were more adapted to the cruel environment. In Arabia humans did not have rivers to obtain water from, hence they learned how to dig wells and store water. In Europe and Northern Asia there is no food during winters. Hence humans had to store food. Vitamin D was no longer sufficient in the North hence humans lightened up. Those who had dark skin and hence did not get enough Vitamin D in the North were more likely to die. That's why people without black skin exist. In the North humans can easily freeze to death hence they learned how to build homes and make warm clothes to keep themselves alive. If they all stayed in the savannas of Africa they would have been identical to blacks today.

Edited 3/1/2017 06:28:25
Cold weather is good: 3/2/2017 18:00:55

OxTheAutist 
Level 58
lol

if we want to go by Clint Eastwood's reference

by average temperature, these countries are

some cold, some hot. really all this proves is that there is *no* correlation, as opposed to saying that hotter countries tend to make higher IQs.

but wait , there's more !

most people agree that these 6 countries have the most intense education systems in the world.

hmmmmmmmm

who would've thought

that intense education systems

produce high IQs

idk, like evolution, just a theory.
Cold weather is good: 3/2/2017 18:46:30

Clint Eastwood 
Level 58
Education has little to do with IQs; some, yes, but very little. Knowledge and intelligence are two separate things. You're born with intelligence, and though you can increase or decrease your IQ slightly, for the most part, you're stuck with it. Knowledge, however, is something learned. Going to school doesn't make you smarter. It just makes you more knowledgeable.
And, as said, most Asians descended from Northern Asia anyway--where it's cold.

White people are better long distance runners (pursuing prey through forests), blacks are better speed runners (trapping prey like a pack of wolves). Whites have stronger upper body strength (for things like tree climbing and firing arrows), blacks have stronger lower body strength (again, for running and jumping). This has nothing to do with race supremacy; this is just talking about how certain races have certain qualities to survive in their environments. I, for one, as a white guy, would rather be lost somewhere in Alaska than in the Australian outback. Why? Because I'm descended from the north, and I can survive the cold--because that's what my race was designed to do.

Stick me and a black guy in the middle of the arctic, guess who dies first? He does.
Stick me and a black guy in the middle of the Sahara, guess who dies first? I do.
Though, realistically, we'd both die eventually anyway, but that's beside the point.

Yes, I realize we were talking about IQs, I just tend to wander down rabbit trails when I talk.

Just look at this map. I can't promise you it's accurate, but most of the maps I'm seeing were pretty similar, so it's safe to say that it probably is.
https://static.iq-research.info/20150809/img/iq_by_country.png
Notice how the blue gets darker the farther north you go? Except for Australia, but they're obviously from Europe.

Also, Indonesia--a place right on the equator--only has an average IQ of 87. Those people are not descended from the north. See my point?

Edited 3/2/2017 19:01:15
Cold weather is good: 3/2/2017 19:55:29

Japanball
Level 56
@Ox by comparing it to evolution, you are saying it is scientifcically true. Which it probably is, but, still... Idk what point I was making
Cold weather is good: 3/2/2017 20:46:49

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
Ox, Why does Mongolia has high IQ? What about Ukraine? Do they have really intense education systems?
Cold weather is good: 3/3/2017 07:27:02

Japanball
Level 56
Because they are anomalies.
Posts 1 - 30 of 36   1  2  Next >>   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service