Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Off-topic Forum   

Posts 1 - 24 of 24   
Technocracy: 3/3/2017 14:43:30

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
I'm not proposing that it gets established here in America. It probably should be tried somewhere else though. What do you guys think?

An oligarchy where STEM people rule.

Edited 3/3/2017 14:44:14
Technocracy: 3/3/2017 14:56:38

Castle Bravo
Level 56
The borgoiuse tech class is unqualified to rule, spiritually, morally, ethically
Technocracy: 3/3/2017 14:59:18

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^I don't care. If the STEM elite can manage to invade Africa and control a nation there without international intervention then it rules. No rebellion will ever be feasible.

A local puppet president can be set up and elections can continue. However it is the STEM elites armed with robots and advanced weapons who actually hold power.

Edited 3/3/2017 15:02:00
Technocracy: 3/3/2017 15:43:44

Leibstandarte (Vengeance)
Level 45
Yeah, let all of the people starve because scientists don't know shit about ruling a country.
Technocracy: 3/3/2017 15:56:13

Japanball
Level 56
So a dictatorship?
Technocracy: 3/3/2017 16:38:14

Жұқтыру
Level 55
Yet another idea that's on the right track but is still rubbish.
Technocracy: 3/3/2017 19:08:52

Zephyrum 
Level 60
The funny thing about the spectrum is that just about anyone in it doesn't even notice that he/she/it is behaving precisely like that extremely hated movie/game villain.
Technocracy: 3/3/2017 19:16:36

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^^^Yep. Cats rule!
Technocracy: 3/3/2017 19:19:02

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 17
Yee opres da people and na FELOCRACY cos cats rule
Technocracy: 3/3/2017 19:22:09

Japanball
Level 56
Moron.
Technocracy: 3/3/2017 20:34:32

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^No. Might is right. Whoever that rules rules.

Cats literally rule.

Edited 3/3/2017 20:35:16
Technocracy: 3/3/2017 20:37:29

Castle Bravo
Level 56
The technocrats can only affect the temporal world and further, they can only affect the temporal world in a dehumanizing, mechanizing fashion. Technocracy is decadence.

The "might is right" question is pointless because warfare is no longer an outlet for heroism. Victory is no longer bravery and strength but crude technics. A mere "soldier" cannot prove himself worthy of Valhalla.

Edited 3/3/2017 20:41:21
Technocracy: 3/3/2017 22:56:47

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
May I ask a question? Is your view solely religion-dependent?

Why isn't Social Darwinist survival of the fittest appealing to you? Like the West (or Ashkenazis, Japan etc) has high IQ hence it deserves to survive and expand. Any group that has high IQ is good by definition. Those who are strong deserve to be even stronger.

Isn't having advanced technology a part of being powerful?

Edited 3/3/2017 22:59:31
Technocracy: 3/4/2017 02:22:09

Castle Bravo
Level 56
Technology is used to compensate for weakness bred by complacency.
It isn't used to bolster existing strength.

I believe in metaphysical reality and asceticism through action (dying in battle would liberate man from human temporal existence).

Social Darwanism places the lowest aspect of human nature being animal nature as the real content of the Imperial idea. Social Darwanism is survival for survival's sake, survival because it lends itself to greater survival. Eugenics is a technic for maintaining the stock that belongs to a high culture but eugenics as an end means sickness and anti-tradition.
Technocracy: 3/4/2017 03:14:35

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
Great! So we have to agree to disagree.

I don't believe in any supernatural reality though I don't believe that supernatural agents necessarily do not exist either. Secularism does not mean liberalism. Instead the secular right wing can be much harsher than a religious one. Dying in battle should not be a goal of any soldier in my mind. Instead eliminating the enemy is.

I agree with your idea on Social Darwinism but I still support it. I don't support maintaining any tradition of one's ancestors simply because this is a tradition of one's ancestors instead of other people. Instead people should have an open mind on whether some parts of any culture should be accepted. Genes don't change while culture does. Sometimes a group changes its own culture to improve itself which is legitimate.

My main goal of eugenics and Social Darwinism is to change the boundaries of nations forever in favor of high IQ groups and make STEM people a part of a new aristocracy. I know that I will benefit from such a redistribution. Hence I support it.

Edited 3/4/2017 03:18:45
Technocracy: 3/4/2017 06:21:19

Empire of Kilos
Level 32
No, Mechromancy is better.
Technocracy: 3/4/2017 06:24:50

Castle Bravo
Level 56
There's no such thing as a secular right wing. It's a superficially right wing, a caricature of tradition. The nationalist party has appealed to tradition and spirit to mobilize the fourth estate with propaganda.

Tradition the is fundamentally opposed to the secular state. Tradition concerns systems of rites and castes based on spiritual rank.

Cultures aren't a buffet line in which humans, born from nothing and traveling through a fleeting existence may pick the ideals present in various ones to their liking. Indeed the essence of culture is being; that undefinable personality of the cultural organism transcends the fleeting temporal existence; men in its service are of it, they do not choose it.

A culture isn't a set of ideals that can be applied practically to different scenarios. Culture is an Idea manifested in symbols and rites and its force is felt by every man within it consciously or subconsciously. Indeed the lay peasantry that has no affection for culture is still shaped in its image. It is impossible to act independently of the self, just as it is impossible to act independently of one's own culture.

As for a "culture" created crudely by mere peasants it would fall apart very quickly. A traditional culture's origin is always known to have come from above; civilizations of the Gods. Men cannot create cultures in laboratories and expect the symbols to be treated with any sincerity. Let alone entasking a materialist technocrat with recreating an aristocracy, it would be like trying to recreate organic cellular material by welding together sheet metal.

Edited 3/4/2017 06:30:56
Technocracy: 3/4/2017 06:30:07

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^Then I have no culture. I'm basically an angry individual that does not really want to belong to any group or a mercenary who just supports almost whatever group that offers the best price.

I'm literally hostile to human reproduction. Hence I couldn't care less if humans go extinct. Humanity has expelled me. Hence I have declared my independence from humanity. Why shall I have any cultural loyalty to any group at all since I can't choose my own background and have no shared destiny with anyone in Karl's sense?

Edited 3/4/2017 06:35:10
Technocracy: 3/4/2017 06:34:40

Castle Bravo
Level 56
You savage peasant will never understand what it means to belong to something greater than yourself.
Technocracy: 3/4/2017 06:36:45

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
Why do you want to belong to anything greater than yourself unless you are forced to, may I ask?

Also I'm more like a bandit and less like a peasant in terms of ideology. My current ideology is basically survival and purging. Basically HBD is an excuse and purging is the goal.

The STEM aristocracy in my sense has no legitimacy at all. Instead it is basically a caste/interest group. It should rule through fear and power alone. In my view being robotic is a virtue while having human love is bad.

Edited 3/4/2017 06:43:06
Technocracy: 3/4/2017 06:41:34

Castle Bravo
Level 56
I mistakenly called you a peasant but you're on an even lower peg. A peasant devoted to his caste and his own nature is dignified and useful to his culture but you're a pariah and an outcast.
Technocracy: 3/4/2017 06:45:48

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
You are right. I'm basically a cultural outcast that has become a cultural outlaw.

I have dreams of having some territory controlled by technocratic warlords of cultural outlaw origins though I don't consider them feasible.

I don't consider this to be bad. When you have produced enough angry outcasts, expect outlaws bands.

Edited 3/4/2017 06:49:03
Technocracy: 3/4/2017 06:51:53

Castle Bravo
Level 56
You'll live long enough to see STEM turn into a circus act.
Technocracy: 3/4/2017 06:54:22

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
I hope not but we will see.

To me it is just a game that fills my life. I enjoy it instead of real life. Hence I should probably be classified as a STEM/philosophy hermit as well.

Note that I have no interest in continued survival of humanity at all while almost everyone else desires humans to exist in the future.

Maybe in the future societies will crack down attempts to filibuster using robots like what they did to piracy.

Edited 3/4/2017 07:06:04
Posts 1 - 24 of 24   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service