Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Tournaments   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Off-topic Forum   

Posts 1 - 17 of 17   
There is no world overpopulation: 8/25/2017 21:58:35

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
Large parts of the world are now increasingly depopulated, hence "world overpopulation" is a failed hypothesis.

Edited 8/25/2017 21:58:56
There is no world overpopulation: 8/25/2017 22:37:18

Eklipse
Level 57
Misdistribution of resources is the real problem.

Overpopulation is only a sincere problem in select areas and gets used as a fear mongering tool more often than not.
There is no world overpopulation: 8/25/2017 22:38:41

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^I agree that it is only prevalent in one continent. Even in India it is not that much of an issue any more.
There is no world overpopulation: 8/25/2017 22:50:45

OnlyThePie
Level 53
But there IS a point where it will become an issue. We currently have around 7.4 billion I believe. Around 10.5 billion, there will be more people than there are resources to sustain them.
There is no world overpopulation: 8/25/2017 22:54:46

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^Where? Many places have below replacement fertility including Europe, America and Northeast Asia. Turkey and Iran as well.

Edited 8/25/2017 22:55:09
There is no world overpopulation: 8/25/2017 23:19:45

Belgian Gentleman 
Level 56
Stop making threads you made more than 15 this week alone
There is no world overpopulation: 8/26/2017 00:15:22

Wulfhere
Level 47
Only the third world has a population problem or even a pollution problem.

In Europe and North America we have great environmental regulations and the safest, cleanest infrastructure in the world, yet we have scumbag politicians constantly trying to gut our infrastructure and outsource it to places with no regulations, like China and India.
There is no world overpopulation: 8/26/2017 01:27:24

Cata Cauda
Level 58
Only the third world has a population problem or even a pollution problem.

In Europe and North America we have great environmental regulations and the safest, cleanest infrastructure in the world, yet we have scumbag politicians constantly trying to gut our infrastructure and outsource it to places with no regulations, like China and India.
Last time I checked developed countries had by far the highest CO2 emissions by capita. Just to name one example of the great environment of Europe and North America.

Edited 8/26/2017 01:28:10
There is no world overpopulation: 8/26/2017 01:30:56

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^^I agree. Countries such as China aren't developed enough to get rid of the problem of pollution because it takes time. Back then Germany and Britain also had pollution problems but they no longer exist any more.

Politicians are indeed harming the infrastructure here. However this is not the only reason why the infrastructure is broken compared to Japan or China. In these countries there aren't any ghettos that destroy infrastructure.

Edited 8/26/2017 01:31:04
There is no world overpopulation: 8/26/2017 05:25:25

TeamGuns 
Level 59
You also got to count the fact that a lot of the European and NA pollution just got exported to other countries. When you buy asian manufactured products, the pollution of your object was counted in Asia, but the product was consumed in your country.
There is no world overpopulation: 8/26/2017 05:40:04

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^This won't matter in the long run, sentimental liberal.

Pollution is a stage before a society is sufficiently rich. Nations capable of producing old Europe-style pollution are also going to produce long-term prosperity.

Real basket cases aren't going to be polluted a lot because they don't even have any significant industry.

You will see.

Edited 8/26/2017 05:41:40
There is no world overpopulation: 8/26/2017 05:59:55

TeamGuns 
Level 59
Idk how you can suppose that I am a liberal and sentimental when I just put ahead a fact. Facts are just facts, they aren't leftwing, rightwing, conservative or liberal, a fact is a fact. I can use it in whatever way I want to defend my point, but it doesn't change the fact.

Plus I haven't even said wether I was in favour or against wathever I said, but tabby must know better, as he's all forseing. Lemme give you a lesson then!

Sentimental Liberal talk: it's our fault that China is polluted, therefore we must stop consuming these goods or it's on us!

Libertarian talk: the market decided it was more efficient to produce these objects in China, you cannot force X or Y person not to consume a product based on your ideology, don't like it, don't buy it (even if child slaves worked on those products yolo). Plus, it's a stage of economic evolution most nations go through, in a few years it will be all worth it.

Nationalist talk: the fact that these products pollute more when produced in China and has worse effects on climate is one more argument to shift back production to America. That way you can make not only America, but the Planet great again!

See Tabby? Facts aren't statements, I can use facts to defend my theory, however my theory doesn't make statements become facts.
There is no world overpopulation: 8/26/2017 06:17:46

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^I'm sorry. This time I was on the irrational side. Fine. I back off.

:-)

Good job for refining my reasoning! Thanks!

Edited 8/26/2017 06:17:56
There is no world overpopulation: 8/26/2017 06:18:53

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
From the HBD perspective my view is close to the Libertarian view you mentioned. I know that pollution in China (and in the future northern Korea) is just temporary. They have built so much infrastructure and have enriched themselves. Pollution removal is just what will happen after more important issues are taken care of first.

On the other hand, DR Congo can not even be polluted that much because there is almost no development.

Edited 8/26/2017 06:22:12
There is no world overpopulation: 8/26/2017 06:35:16

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
Humanity does not need Christian-liberal tears in general.

Help the disabled and the impoverished among good groups. That's it. Ubermenschen naturally arise despite harsh weather, cruel rulers and foreign oppression. These only make Ubermenschen stronger. Be like Jews and survive.

Feel sad? Sing HaTikvah or Hayalim Almonim. Be like a Jew.

Edited 8/26/2017 06:38:44
There is no world overpopulation: 8/26/2017 06:42:46

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
Sentimentalism is pathological.
There is no world overpopulation: 8/26/2017 07:38:10

gilead
Level 42
Lulshafan anigeron anirdafon
Posts 1 - 17 of 17   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service