I think an expanded version of this map could be the most amazing map on WarLight.
Imagine something like this: combine aspects of medieval European history and European mythology and fairy tales with what is already in place. For example:
- In the northwest, Robin Hood's Tree Forts connecting to The Woods and The River.
- In the northeast, Farmer's Fields and Huts with random farm animals connecting to The River (via a second bridge?), Robin Hood's Tree Forts, and The Castle.
- In the southwest, an underwater nymph/mermaid/sea creature/Poseiden 'village' connecting to The River (which would make The River similar to the design of Secret Passage).
- In the southeast, an underground gnome/smurf/elf 'village' connecting to Secret Passage and the underwater 'village'.
- In the far south, Hell! Connecting Hell to the underground and underwater villages would be cool. Making it a [Greek underworld](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_underworld
) would be interesting too.
I'd imagine such a map would have about 300-350 territories.