Here is a more detailed plan for the league. It is for members and non-members.
It will be set up in groups. I will probably use the same a,b,c naming system because it works and is easily recognizable. I will also use the current process of promoting 2 and relegating 2. It gives the rest of us something to play for even with a ringer in the group.:)
Some differences from the 1v1 group.
I want to use a different map each season. Maps can be used again later if it becomes one of the leagues favorites. Due to this I think group size could be larger to enjoy each map a bit. Possibly 8 teams per group, even up to 10 if there is a huge interest.
- There will be no play-offs and I believe I have a fair system to eliminate them.
Breaker 1 - head to head results.
Breaker 2 - Compare wins of teams lost to.
Breaker 3 - Compare wins of teams defeated.
Breaker 4 - Preseason rankings(this will not be available until season 2, It will be the order teams finished the season before.) It rewards consistency. Until this is available I will randomly determine winners. I think the number that gets to this point before season 2 will be minimal and not worth a fuss.
Initial group qualifying.
This will be done in multiple groups using the 2v2 strategic medium earth template. This size and number of these groups will be totally dependent on interest. Season 1 will start after group qualifying and use a different map.
- New teams that want to play after the league has started will be added like the 1v1 league. At the bottom or in new expansion groups.
- If a team disbands and an individual wants to start a new team They start in the bottom or expansion team the next season.
- For those who want to name their team I will use their name in all postings of results. Do not make me censure your names. For those that do not want names I will refer to them like the 2v2 ladder does.
- Sign-ups - Each season I will make a forum thread for any new teams wanting to sign up. I will also do this in the beginning. These threads are my only of organizing the league so they will be for sign up only any other comments, suggestions, or just plain hating should be put in other threads like this one. This will make my life easier.