Welcome to the party game WOLVES! http://warlight.net/Forum/Thread?ThreadID=52286
- Game 1http://warlight.net/Forum/Thread?ThreadID=53296
- Game 2http://warlight.net/Forum/Thread?ThreadID=55970
- Game 3
If you've never played before, check this link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game
For those unaware of how the game works, it is split into two phases, days and nights, though to allow people time to come to conclusions online, these days and nights may last several real days.DOES IT TAKE MUCH TIME?
Not really. You sign up and vote for someone to be lynched, usually, by popping into the thread every now and again. Voting is open practically all the time anyway.DAYS/NIGHTS
The basic narrative is you're all VILLAGERS and then one crazy night it's discovered there's a WOLF in your midst.
A VILLAGER gets killed, and all the VILLAGERS, knowing a WOLF is among them, vote to lynch someone.
"Days" will obviously last a few real days to allow villager votes to come in. Nights might be a bit shorter, as the wolf contingent can just mail me.ROLES
- that would be most of you. But amongst you, people who say they're Villagers may well be...
- there are an unknown number of werewolves, they will eat one villager per night.
The aim of the game for ordinary villagers is vote to lynch the wolf correctly to avoid being eaten. Often villagers who seem to know who the wolves are will be quick to be killed off.
(It will be revealed to wolves who their wolfy brothers are. It is recommended that they stay privately in contact with each other via mail or whatever to kill off people tactically.)SPECIAL VILLAGERS
Seer - Has the ability to discover the true nature of one individual each night.
Idiot - Same as the Seer, but will get a wrong answer.
Angel - Has the ability to protect one person from werewolves each night.
Elder - Has the ability to make somebody talk in babble for a whole day phase. Will also cancel their vote.
Vigilante - Has the (two-time) ability to shoot a player dead. Bullets get returned to them if they shoot a wolf. THE DRUNK
New addition for this game:
After each night, one person will randomly wake up drunk. They cannot vote during the day, and during the following night, will randomly pick a number from 1-10, at the end of the following night, assuming they're still alive, they will assume the role that was hidden behind that number.
If a wolf is the one randomly chosen, it will be announced to the thread but they will NOT choose a number. I don't want wolves defecting and ratting out the wolves.
If a villager or special is randomly chosen, their previous role will go behind the number they chose.
Yes, I'm well aware that this means that someone who's played the whole game as a villager will become a wolf late game. For this reason, I'm going to ALLOW messaging outside of the game this time. Beware, of course, that if you befriend a wolf, they may lead you astray...
*NB* The Seer can, if they wish, choose to view a role number instead of a player during the night time.VOTING
Public voting will be open in the "daytime" following the first murder, for a set amount of time. Anyone not voting will simply not get a vote.
Then will follow the night time where werewolves will mail me a joint decision of who to kill off next.
The special villagers must mail me too.RULES:
1. Votes to be announced in the thread in bold and in capials. DO NOT EDIT YOUR VOTE POST. If you want to correct something in it, then quote it & edit the quote. Any edited vote posts will be at the detriment to the team you are on, even if it is just to correct spelling or grammar.
2. Only mails sent from me are official. If you fall for anything claiming to be from me, unlucky.
3. It goes without saying, but do not try to ruin the game please. If you are in any doubt as to what is or isn't acceptable, drop me mail. No screenshots, no hacking accounts, no dead chat, no alts. Aside from the humorous smileys or gifs posted when you're dead, keep your theories/rants/accusations to yourself until after the game is complete. Again, any deadchat in the thread that I feel oversteps the line or hints at anything, will be followed by a punishment to the remaining members of your team. Basically - do not use the thread when you are dead.
4. Deadlines: The deadlines in this game will be announced for both day & night actions. Some of you will have special actions, so make sure you are aware of the deadlines! Night actions can be sent in in advance, and changed at any point prior to the end of the night phase.
5. All night actions must be received by mail to me before the night deadline. I will try to collect decisions from wolf chat, but it is your responsibility to make sure I know who you want to use your actions on (if relevant).
6. Chatting outside the game is accepted. Bear in mind, though, that the wolves will, of course, lie to you, I'd imagine. And there is a chance that one of the "villagers" will become a wolf later in the game.
7. Missing 2 votes in a row = death. Missing 3 votes in total also = death. I may extend it to 4 if the game goes on a long time. This is to discourage inactivity.
8. Just have fun! It's designed as a fun game, so enjoy it!
Edited 9/23/2014 23:45:07