A growing number of players are offending other players with the use of usernames, language, and graphics. We are exploring ways for Warlight to begin reviewing age appropriateness that will scale beyond the current system of reports and banning players.
First thing we would like to do is not ban anyone. However our abuse policy makes it clear that “disseminating or transmitting statements or material that, to a reasonable person, may be ... obscene, ... grossly offensive, vulgar..." is not allowed.
We have some ideas on how to handle mature content while not banning someone from playing the game and we would like feedback on this before implementing. Just make it clear it's just a pending idea and not actually happening as of yet. This is just a starting discussion at this point.
1. All players start at a rating of "E" for everyone.
2. Players can be reported for obscene language or graphics (same as today).
3. A players council made up of players from the game will review the report.
4. If the player is deemed obscene, they will be marked as “M” for mature.
When forming a game. The game maker will choose “E” or “M” for the game rating.
Playing games under the new Rules:
1. Anyone can opt-in to see “M” content.
2. Games started by “M” players will only be visible by opt-ed in “M” viewers/players.
3. “M” players will not be able to join “E” games.
4. Tournaments, ladders, public forums are rated “E”.
Any player can appeal their “M” rating, but it will not be appeal-able on the third and final time.
If you like the idea, please upvote for it at http://warlight.uservoice.com/forums/77051-warlight-features/suggestions/7201540-content-ratings-for-players-games
Edited 3/12/2015 17:38:14