For those of you who want some cool statistics to go with your gameplay (as well as some help), check out the "Agar Extended 2" extension on Google Chrome.
It has a lot of cool features, such as:
- Clearly defining map boundaries (so you don't end up slamming yourself against an invisible barrier half the time, wondering why the heck you can't move any further)
- Showing the total mass of cells (which includes even divided cells that you as well as other players have)
- Showing your co-ordinates on the server (who doesn't love extra statistics?)
- Listing all the skins your cell can have (e.g. all countries, and some choice ones I hate to see whenever I play, but I find funny in some circumstances), thereby allowing you to use them
My favorite two features include:
- "Direct Connect;" i.e. allowing you to join any server you wish if you have the Server IP address. This is extremely helpful for playing with your buddies; beforehand I was never able to play in the same server as other people I knew due to the endless combination of servers we would end up in. It's pretty straightforward, and allows for easier teaming up with friends (if you're interested in playing that way of course) or to have some "friendly" competition amongst each other. Just make sure you click the Server Region before typing in the IP address, it makes it easier to narrow down potential servers until you find the one you want to join.
- Color-coding other cells. This is probably my favorite feature. Cells are divided into these colors, all symbolizing different things:
- Dark Blue: This is you. Try not to eat yourself, it's not hard.
- Light Green: Cells that you can eat either as one cell, or by splitting yourself.
- Dark Green: Cells that you can eat, but only if you are one complete cell. Therefore, don't bother splitting for these ones.
- Yellow: Cells that can't eat you, but you can't eat either. Pretty much the middle-ground; colors above this position you can eat, colors below here can eat you instead.
- Orange: Cells that can eat you, but can only do so if they remain as one cell.
- Red: Cells that can eat you either as a whole, or by splitting.
This is an extremely helpful feature, so you're not running away from every single cell that appears even slightly bigger than you. It's now much easier to judge who you can and cannot eat, and who can and cannot eat you in return.
Again, this is a Chrome extension, I'm not sure if there is a similar things for other browsers. I'd encourage anyone who uses Google Chrome to get this (see the first line of text if you want to skip all this information) as it is an extremely useful extension.