British EmpireUnlocks at level 22 or with the Mega Maps Pack
Created by Imperator (all)
Went public on 6/22/2015
Number of ratings: 92
Average rating: 3.663 / 5
272 territories, 72 bonuses, 0 distribution modes
|A map of the Former British Empire, The Largest empire in Human history.
This map is quite anachronous, with Most of it being set in 1919, while north america is set somewhere in the 18th century, when britain controlled the thirteen colonies. While this unfortunately makes the map historically inaccurate, I feel that is necessary to fill in the gap between Canada and the Rest of the world.
Review by Mudderducker on 6/22/2015.
Good. Being a fan of the British Empire, I quite like it. But I don't really like the yellow colour of the rest of the world, neither the massive bold weird font. It doesn't really look like a historic map, is partly what I'm saying here. Also I ran into one thing, the British Raj, you've drawn the territories fairly weirdly also:
- No Calcutta, Madras, Lahore, Lucknow, Rangoon etc. you missed out a lot of more well known and important places.
- Some places aren't where they actually are - Chittagong, Bombay, Jeypur etc.
- Two Dhule territories - the place itself should be replaced by Bombay (South) and Indore or Surat (North)
I would have a rethink over India tbh. Not sure about the rest of the map, hoping its accurate.
Response by map creator Imperator on 6/22/2015
The rest is probably accurate, although I did think That India was as well when I published it.
Review by Nathan on 6/22/2015.
Very nicely done. The map is quite challenging. So many land corridors that are relatively isolated give this map the feel of a much larger board.
My only two comments are fairly minor:
- The lines showing the overseas connections are somewhat difficult to follow. I recommend straightening them out.
- I feel there really should be a trans-Pacific connection or two, perhaps to the Falklands and British Honduras.
Review by Belgian Gentleman on 6/22/2015.
Time for jolly old Britian to put the colonies back into their place
Review by almosttricky on 6/22/2015.
What a cool new idea for a map
Review by David Rader on 6/28/2015.
awesome map !!!
Review by cinereaste on 6/24/2015.
Missing connection: Melville Island - West Victoria Island
Response by map creator Imperator on 6/24/2015
Thanks for letting me know
Review by Ξ Nanaimo on 6/25/2015.
I really like your map, and I really like the idea.
I came up with a couple of issues however,
* I believe tat Somaliland should border Western Yemen, it would get rid of two dead ends
* Antarctica is misspelled on the map(you need to add a 'c')
* I'm a little confused as to why the Middle East, Arabia, Falkland and South Georgia, and Mediterranean Colonies are part of the Africa
Overall a very good map
Review by Petyyy on 1/8/2017.
It's not bad.
Review by TheZgorigradianConqueror on 1/10/2017.
Review by MoOoOoOoO on 8/15/2015.
looks like a good map buth maybe connect gold coast from 2 sides and more ways to get to te west
Review by kitfisto10 on 12/27/2015.
I like this map, it gives a new twist on world maps. There were a few times where lines between islands were a little vague, and it may make the map more fair if North America could connect direct to the Australia area. I really enjoyed playing on it.
Review by gavin on 7/8/2015.