World of NamesUnlocks at level 31 or with the Mega Maps Pack
Created by Sara C (all)
Went public on 1/17/2016
Number of ratings: 13
Average rating: 3.076 / 5
189 territories, 98 bonuses, 2 distribution modes
|This is the non-diplomacy version of Land of Names.|
Review by okasan on 1/18/2016.
Nice map, I like the feature of the circles, which adds a strategic element without being too confusing. Lay-out is clear and without ambiguity.
Linda is having an affair with Calvin, someone should tell Ryan.
Review by Nathan on 1/18/2016.
I like the layout of the map, but it needs more chokepoints in the center. As it is, it is nothing more than a killing field that enables whomever begins in the south to consolidate and faceroll to victory.
Also, some territories are part of three bonuses (or even four, in the case of Holly), but others are of only two. This results in severe imbalance in a map that is already prone to favoring certain geographic positions.
A couple of faulty links -
- Ryan (in Miga) should connect to both Linda and Calvin, but does not.
- Linda (also in Miga) should not connect to Calvin, but does.
Response by map creator Sara C on 3/31/2016
Thanks for your review.
1. This nap is suitable for team games and 1v1 but quite small and unbalanced for FFAs. However I have added more connections which should make the south less valuable.
2. Noble territories are awarded 1 bonus value simply to show that they are NOBLE territories. It is recommended to turn off their bonuses.
3. Faulty links all corrected, thanks for pointing them out.