This page lists the SVG workarounds you may need to use to get your map working in WarLight.
 ViewBox Fix
WarLight currently has a hard time understanding SVG files that have setting for an SVG's width and height from its view box. This can cause maps to appear incorrectly sized when uploaded to WarLight, or to not appear at all if they are so much larger than the screen that all of the territories are off-screen.
To check if this is causing an issue or to fix it, follow these steps:
- Open the SVG file in Inkscape
- Open the XML Editor (4th button from the top right)
- Click on the top-most node (it should start with svg:svg)
- Inspect the "width", "height" and "viewBox" attributes. ViewBox should have 4 numbers, which represent (in order): x, y, width, height
- The viewBox should be set to 0 and 0 for x and y, and to the same values as width and height. For example, these settings are correct:
- width = 900
- height = 400
- viewBox = 0 0 900 400
- If the viewBox isn't rooted at 0,0 or if its width and height don't match the others, simply change the viewBox by selecting it, typing in the correct numbers, and clicking set. After doing this, your map will likely shift all of its territories to different locations. Now you should select all of the territories and move/resize them to fit them back within the box. After doing this, the map should work correctly in WarLight.
Warlight doesn't support the plain text you can type in in most SVG editors. They won't show. So you'll need to transfer them to paths. That can be done this way:
- Open the SVG file in Inkscape.
- Select the text you want to transfer.
- Open the menu "Paths", and from there the option at the top: "Object to Path" Click it.
Now re-upload the map to Warlight and you're done!