| Terms of Service
Tired of Risk clones? Graduate to WarLight!
WarLight is a turn-based online board game where you and your friends compete to rule the world. If you are new here, you can try it out in single-player
mode before jumping into a game with your friends.
Check out this short video to get an overview of what WarLight offers:
- Asynchronous games: WarLight games can be played at your own pace. Your friends don't need to be all be online at the same time. Take your turns when it's convenient and WarLight will wait for you.
- No microtransactions: WarLight won't let you buy your way to a victory like other free-to-play games. You win or lose WarLight games based on your strategy, not your wallet.
- Faster games: All players can take their turn at the same time, which allows WarLight games to move along significantly faster than other Risk-like games.
- Customizable: WarLight has a very flexible engine. When creating games, you have hundreds of settings they can tweak to create anything from a minor variant to a whole new experience.
- Luck-free: By default, WarLight games are determined entirely by your skill -- there is no randomness of the dice like in Risk. Luck options are available when creating a game for those who like randomness.
- Maps: WarLight has over a thousand hand-made maps to choose from, with more being added all the time. Or you can design your own!
- Strategic battles and tournaments: WarLight has a finely-tuned 1v1 and 2v2 experience, which makes for great competitive play.
- Cards: WarLight has a variety of cards with varying effects, like the Diplomacy Card, Spy Card, Airlift Card, Abandon Card, and more!
- Tournaments: Create your own tournaments and compete!
- Ladders: WarLight has several ladders, which are competitive arenas where everyone competes for the top spot.
I created WarLight as a hobby project in my spare time. It has since turned into a thriving community and continues growing on a daily basis.
Want to help out? The best way to help is to invite all your friends and family members to WarLight! Also, if you feel so inclined, you can try your hand at designing your own map
or you can help contribute to the wiki
If you want to get in contact with me, please see the Contact page
Thanks for playing and enjoy!
- Music by Chris Haigh
- Card and special unit artwork by Sam Trout
- Website design by Oray Studios
- Icons by Lorc
- Maps created by the players
- This product includes GeoLite data created by MaxMind, available from http://www.maxmind.com.
- Everything else by Fizzer