Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Map Development Forum   

Posts 1 - 21 of 21   
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/6/2015 01:52:00

Semicedevine
Level 59
I want my African Nations map to be published precisely on my birthday (January 8th), which brings me to ask two critical questions:

1) How long does it take for Fizzer to verify a map, and change it from "pending public" to public? I've published a few maps before, just haven't really paid attention to the time it takes Fizzer to get a map public.

2) Is the publish date of a map based on the exact time and date of when you change a map's mode to public mode, or is it based on when Fizzer makes your map actually public/playable by anyone on Warlight?

I was originally planning on publishing a mini-map of the sorts based off of the concept of viruses and bacterial infection just so I could record data for myself, but got too lazy in the process so here I am lol

Any premature feedback would also be helpful too: https://www.warlight.net/Play?PreviewMap=50042

(keep criticism exempt from the distribution modes bcuz... um.... its a free country boitches I can do whatever I want huehuehue)
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/6/2015 02:01:08

TBest 
Level 59
1. Fizzer is a human being. 1-2 days is the normal, but it may take longer. He may also reject the map (some of your territories are borderline small. I hope you have control)

2. I think it is based on when Fizzer changes the status from pending public- to public, through I am not sure.

If you really want it to be published on your Bday, mail/talk to Fizzer beforehand.
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/6/2015 02:01:52

Cata Cauda 
Level 57
To the map: Maybe you should add some superboni for the map. Like for every single country. To make it easier for custom scenarios.
You could also make some boni in the desert -1. So you have to make a sacrifise to go straight through the desert.
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/6/2015 02:16:33

Des {TJC}
Level 58
Well, I was curious about the post, and then I saw your birthday. (I wouldn't specify the month, just the day BTW). Any sort of info people can get on you can make it so they can find out a lot.
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/6/2015 02:21:46

Semicedevine
Level 59
(@Cata)
I've kinda been thinking of doing that since day 1 (of course a superbonus with a value of 0 otherwise the entire concept of the continental nations map would be ruined). Only reason why I haven't is because I'm not sure where to put them (that's literally what runs through my mind during serious thought processes lol)

The -1 in the desert is reasonable, but I don't want it to 1) become one of those maps where AIs are never able to finish because everytime they expand, they shrink back because of the negative bonuses and 2) provide west africa with too much protection since making them hard to access would give a united west africa way too much time to utilize it's already overpowered income when compared to the rest of africa

Then again the map's already been tested FFA style a couple of times before... you'd be suprized at how weak the sahara really is when you compare it to west africa (10 income < 40 income on turn 4)

Edited 12/6/2015 02:22:03
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/6/2015 02:23:55

Semicedevine
Level 59
wait but Des I'm planning on publishing this map on my birthday anyways so either way it'll be made public lol

and on top of that, you can't really get far on someone's info without the year of their birthday...
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/6/2015 02:28:18

Ysayell1
Level 55
As toward content: I'd definitely implement bonuses and superbonuses. The single territory only boosts kind of remove the attack/defend/growth/strategy element and puts it into a crazed expansion and a long and unnecessarily dreadful struggle that, while perhaps thematic, would also be no fun. Lots of rock paper scissors trying to force your opponent to lose stacks by attacking you somewhere. Weeee. Such a monotone cluster right now, although it looks very pretty and bonuses being (at least partially) rearranged could easily make it a very interesting map.

To the question: Perhaps ask him? Send with 3 days or so to go and ask him to wait to publish it on your birthday? Might work

Edited 12/6/2015 02:29:22
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/6/2015 02:39:27

Semicedevine
Level 59
problem is I have bad social interaction skills geez this is like asking your boss for a raise lol
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/6/2015 02:43:36

TBest 
Level 59
^Fizzer is your friend. After all YOU are his customer. (And if it is truly hard for you, ask someone to do t for you. lol.)
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/6/2015 10:35:29

Lucarr10
Level 14
I know you said not to comment on this, but I would recommend that you add a couple new distribution modes, maybe covering a wider area (ie. at least 5 territories between each possible distribution point).
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/6/2015 11:47:01

Belgian Gentleman
Level 55
African Nations?

uh.. sure. Gives me a déja vu.

https://www.warlight.net/Forum/6675-map-african-nations-coming-soon
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/6/2015 13:13:02

MrOobling
Level 30
Ysayell1- this map is a diplomacy map meaning it is meant for diplomacy games not strategic or competitive games. You shouldn't rate a diplomacy map on its strategic value as that is not what it is intended to do. Its like rating an oven based on how well it can toast bread- it is possible but not the intended use.

Are you going to be removing the joke distributions?
Also, are there any plans for improving the Aesthetics?

Also, this isn't critical thinking. Critical thinking is when you are being critical aka critiquing something. This is just trying to find out an answer- it is barely thinking.

Edited 12/6/2015 13:15:09
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/7/2015 04:07:25

Semicedevine
Level 59
Well you seem to be criticizing me right now

(oooh roasted)

Edited 12/7/2015 04:07:37
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/7/2015 04:17:09

Semicedevine
Level 59
I reason why I'm adding in so many distributions is because I want the map's use to be flexible.

Now before you yell out "thats why we have CUSTOM SCENARIO" I want you to keep in mind the hundreds of people below level 47

As for the joke distribution, that's just me being an arsehole ololololol

Don't worry though, I plan at the very least to double the amount of distributions that the map already has as of now. Balance bad distributions by adding useful ones XD

Edited 12/7/2015 04:17:43
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/7/2015 04:23:11

Semicedevine
Level 59
And as for the anestetics (i assume your talking about art), I'll just cheat my way through it like I normally do:
make a lame-ass map with no paid attention to contour detail whatsoever based on a lame-ass overly already clitche concept and then put a fancyass pic from google images in the background to compensate (for pretty much everything) just right before scribling your name all over the map

TWICE

and the blue ocean. dont forget about the blue ocean lol
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/7/2015 05:50:22

Lord of Turnips
Level 57
And the blue ocean. Don't forget about the blue ocean.

BEHOLD! the main concept behind all of Imperator's maps.
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/7/2015 06:00:21

Bane 
Level 59
you could try throwing up alot.
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/7/2015 17:46:34

Lucarr10
Level 14
And as for the anestetics

what do you need anesthetics for? did you mean aesthetics?
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/7/2015 20:47:34

Semicedevine
Level 59
for some reason I knew what he was talking about yet in my head I pronounced it anestetics for some reason

therefore resulting in ze typo lol
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/7/2015 20:48:03

Semicedevine
Level 59
also for a sec there I thought aesthetics and anestetics were the same word
CRITICAL THINKING TIME (pls halp): 12/8/2015 19:11:24

Lucarr10
Level 14
we all make mistakes ;D
Posts 1 - 21 of 21   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service