Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Off-topic Forum   

Posts 1 - 30 of 110   1  2  3  4  Next >>   
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 01:49:17

Paugers
Level 41
I'm not sure why everyone associates conservatives with stupid rednecks or vice versa, having a different opinion doesn't make me an idiot, I just believe the things I believe due to my situation growing up and so do you. I don't understand why believing in a nation I wish existed is dumb though, when there are plenty of people who believe Palestine should be a nation and that isn't considered foolish.

Opinions?
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 01:55:42

knyte 
Level 58
You can even hold some pretty dumb views (e.g., vaccines cause autism) without being a dumb person, too.
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 01:55:49

Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
Because nationalism is dumb.

Conservatives are hypocrites, most don't actually advocate for the less government power they claim they do.

Edited 5/27/2016 01:58:28
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 01:58:00

Paugers
Level 41
^
Please expand on this. What is your political ideology Smedley? Are you Libertarian?
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 01:58:52

Level 49
Anarcho-Capitalist.
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 01:59:22

knyte 
Level 58
What does make you dumb, though, is trying to start a political debate on a site where mostly teenagers come to play Risk. If you're actually interested in developing your views, this ain't the place. :P
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 02:01:32

Paugers
Level 41
Anarcho-Capitalist? Isn't capitalism based on some form of infrastructure around it? How else can you have a functioning barter system or stock market without someone to regulate it?
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 02:06:36

Level 49
I'm playing Skyrim and don't want to explain it all, so here's some explanation:

https://wiki.mises.org/wiki/Anarcho-capitalism
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 02:09:33

Paugers
Level 41
Seems like an oxymoron of some sort and I can't understand why defense contractors are going to fund courts, and then aren't the courts a biased source of decision? And then can't I just go to another company to get a different opinion? *dies*
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 02:10:23

GeneralPE
Level 56
No Paugers it works because the corporations are the governments and then we just have crony capitalism gg anarchy
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 02:14:53

Paugers
Level 41
So it's not anarchy as much as it is just an corporate oligarchy?
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 02:19:39

Level 49
Well putting someone in gaol is a expensive process, and executing folk without real reason makes you undesirable to hire.
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 02:28:12

Cata Cauda 
Level 57
Me in a anarcho-capitalist world: Grabs a gun, breaks in some houses, shoots up some people, takes their money, steals a car and leaves the country.

No one can track me down, even if I left behind pingerprints, because no police knows its mine.

Profit, right Major?
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 02:36:07

GeneralPE
Level 56
shhh cata, no person would ever do a thing like that
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 02:37:13

Level 49
You die in the robbery, or get killed in another robbery. It's not like defense contractors would operate in one place either, good luck trying to evade them with your stolen car that's most likely being tracked via GPS.

Me in a statist world: Become a politician, jack up defense spending, and hire all of my friends to make unnecessary crap for a unnecessary war. End up killing millions, and become a hero anyways, while making billions of dollars.
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 02:40:59

Cata Cauda 
Level 57
You die in the robbery, or get killed in another robbery. It's not like defense contractors would operate in one place either, good luck trying to evade them with your stolen car that's most likely being tracked via GPS.

Why would I die in the robbery? I am doing it all while everyone is asleep of course *Rolls eyes*
Also I am not gonna take a car with GPS of course.

Profit, right Major?
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 02:43:39

Жұқтыру
Level 55
Generally folk who agree 100% with some ideology don't know enough about it and/or don't independently think (groupthink).
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 02:44:23

Level 49
You don't know if the car has a chip in it for one, and two, you don't know if the folk are sleeping either, or if they're armed or not.

Why haven't you tried to explain away my scenario? Is it because it already happened?
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 03:10:05

TeamGuns 
Level 58
Ok, I've done an anti ancap thread, to explain why it doesn't work.

Other than that, for conservative-liberal intelligence, I would follow science. Funnily enough, and not surprising at all, right-wing voters have on average a lower IA than left-wing ones. Do your research if you want to.

Plus, that's only in average, it's possible for you to be a liberal dumb or a conservative smart person, but on average, conservatives are dumber.

Also, republican voters had a higher IQ than democrats in the past, they changed off a few decades ago. I can't find the graph about it now, but the article was very interesting.

Edited 5/27/2016 03:11:18
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 03:29:58

e_e
Level 6
stop offending ppl
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 03:45:47

knyte 
Level 58
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 04:07:15

TeamGuns 
Level 58
Yea, I didn't checked too much that first image to see if it was 100% true, but it's kindda true, blue states have higher IQ rates than red ones, there's a wikipedia page that sorts it's with more clarity.

And if you don't trust wikipedia, go and research the IQ per state list, you'll see that there's prevalence in blue states for higher IQ and red states for lower ones...

For the other thing, it says: "conservatives are smarter than liberals rumour false". It hardly proves that the opposite is wrong too.

Edited 5/27/2016 04:07:37
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 04:13:10

[WOLF] The Conservative
Level 56
Oh my gosh this is the dumbest argument I've seen in a long time.

Being conservative or liberal has nothing to do with IQ levels
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 04:25:17

Zephyrum 
Level 60
Generally folk who agree 100% with some ideology don't know enough about it and/or don't independently think (groupthink).

^
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 04:28:11

TeamGuns 
Level 58
Yea, I didn't wanted to start an argument on that, it's pointless to argue it anyways.
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 07:45:55

The Lord
Level 52
IQ and the Wealth of Nations is a book that created a lot of controversy among progressives because it posited that Africans have lower IQ's than westerners. Allegedly that was racist. Yet for some reason, progressives have no problem using that book's data to slander GOP voters.
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 08:11:34

TeamGuns 
Level 58
I don't totally disagree with the data, it's probably true or kind of. Malnutrition and bad education have direct consequences in the IQ of a person. But there's the thing, conservatives and far-right extremists can think that africans have lower IQ because of genetics, when it's totally untrue and it's rather caused mostly because of insane levels of poverty.

Edited 5/27/2016 08:11:54
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 09:19:49

The Lord
Level 52
So if most NBA players are black, it means that whites were mostly underfed in their childhood so they couldn't grow as tall?
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 12:00:35

Eklipse {TJC}
Level 56
IQ is just one method of measuring intelligence, and should never be used as the sole factor to determine how smart a person is.
Being Conservative/Liberal Does Not Equal Stupid.: 5/27/2016 18:37:03

Жұқтыру
Level 55
^

The real way to deem ethnic superiority is height. Dutchmen should rule all others, we are midgets to them. 171 average grownup height there.

But maybe mountain (Dinaric) Bosnans should rule us. Average height there is 178.

For scale: average Indian 159; American 170; Nigerian 161.

Edited 5/27/2016 18:44:20
Posts 1 - 30 of 110   1  2  3  4  Next >>   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service