Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Off-topic Forum   

Posts 1 - 30 of 64   1  2  3  Next >>   
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 03:42:20

Paugers
Level 41
Access to healthcare is something that should be provided in every nation, however, it is by no means a right.

As an American, I was personally offended when the series of Obamacare laws were passed (I know this isn't what they were called) because it was basically a statement by the central government to force their hands on the rights of every American to have freedom of choice as to whether or not they want health insurance. It is now a federal crime not to have it. A federal crime to make a choice about YOUR BODY.

In addition to this, we continually see the central government stomping on the basic meaning of a "right" and adds our basic rights such as freedom of speech and freedom to arm our self with the right to p*** in the bathroom of your choice and right to getting healthcare (a service, not a basic human action like speaking or defending oneself) and these new definitions make a mockery of what our founding Fathers understood as basic human rights.

In addition to this, there is no such thing as "FREE" services. So free healthcare does not exist. Every time we make a new 'right' whether that is the right to housing, clothing, a certain diet, etc. we must raise taxes to create new funds for these 'rights' effectively taking the private property of one hard earning American to pay for one who did nothing to earn it.

Finally, we've seen in many cases that when the government steps in on something it is often put aside, never completed, or HIGHLY costly compared to when the private sector is allowed to expand into new territory (we see one example in the space arena, as companies such as SpaceX, Virgin Space and the United Space Alliance take bounds and leaps in an area where the government has continually cut funding towards) so I ask as an American that my fellow country men take up arms and end this theft of private property, so we may take one more step towards a free nation and not one dominated by the state.
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 03:46:22

kynte
Level 51
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 03:51:50

Paugers
Level 41
The only rights that should be accepted anywhere by any nation are the first generation rights. Any other services must be provided by your own person. Please end this "I'm a victim" spirit, grow a pair and get a job.
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 03:53:39

Жұқтыру
Level 55
Right to life.
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 04:08:29

Empire of Kilos
Level 31
On point again Paugers, I don't see why I have to pay increased Taxes my entire life for a service I'll most likely not need for 50 years.
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 04:33:10

Paugers
Level 41
I would never argue against the right to life, I am also against abortion (in most cases) for a reason. But healthcare is a service, not a natural occurring thing in the world and is provided rather than just happening. It is not a right, you create it.
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 05:23:55

Poseidó̱nas
Level 57
It is a right in some countries, it might not be your right or you may not want it to be others right, but in my country and many others it is our right to access healthcare.
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 06:02:35

Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
Do you have a right to someone else's services or property? No. Healthcare is not a right.
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 06:16:06

kynte
Level 51
Exactly what I said when they asked me to do jury duty.
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 06:41:21

Tyrion
Level 32
A: "Access to healthcare is something that should be provided in every nation"
B: "however, it is by no means a right."

If B, then why A? What possible sense does it make for a government to set up a healthcare system and then discriminate against its subjects based on their ability to exchange a representation of wealth?
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 06:51:19

OxTheAutist 
Level 58
Omg I make fun of this redneck and he spams the forum. I'll take my ban
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 09:45:09

Angry Koala
Level 57
I don't see why I have to pay increased Taxes my entire life for a service I'll most likely not need for 50 years.

Very presumptuous statement. You cannot know what would happen in your life in the next 50 years to come, and btw your own family might need to go to hospital or some important healthcare services.

Saying "healthcare isn't necessary", and at the meantime nothing is said about such useless expenditures as the military expenditures or the salary of some people working for the state (counting senators and politicians) that are the ones responsible of huge unnecessary debts!
Many of you constantly make threads about how America "social policies" are bad, but nothing is said about this! This is why I believe many of you are brainwashed by some media here, mainly Foxnews related media, bashing and denigrating the few social improvements made and closing your eyes about what is clearly scandalous!

Healthcare is something worth it imo, but this is my opinion and I can understand some libertarian arguments such as saying: do not spend anything at all, BUT the hypocrisy posture of some conservatives (exactly what Trump is planning, and frankly in Europe we also experience this, many Conservative politicians' hypocrisy), that are planning to destroy the few social improvements made in the US in favor of the most disadvantaged ones, whereas at the meantime NOTHING is said about public sector salaries particularly the ones earning the most, or military expenditures... I just cannot tolerate this kind of flawed logic anymore.
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 11:40:48

Eklipse {TJC}
Level 56
Healthcare is absolutely a right. Nobody should be denied life-saving treatment just because they don't have enough money. That said, there's a lot of hurdles to overcome with universal healthcare, but it's in everyone's better interest to make it work.

1.) Take further steps to cut down drug usage: If the common person is going to fork the bill for healthcare, then it's only fair to stop the people who are intentionally destroying themselves and then spending months in the hospital. Using taxes to fund treatment for someone who caught a disease none of their own accord is fine. Using taxes to fund treatment for someone who clearly did it to themselves is still the right thing to do, but gets more debatable as the costs rack up.

2.) Use government funds only for medical necessities: Suffice to say, paying for EVERYTHING in the medical industry would be near impossible for even the richest countries. Thus, government funding for healthcare should only be diverted to essential, life saving treatments. Heart transplants, chemotherapy,etc are medical necessities. Things such as abortion (An exception should be made in the rare cases where it actually is a necessity, but the non life saving abortions shouldn't be funded) and sex-change surgery are not.
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 12:14:06

Angry Koala
Level 57
+1 Eklipse
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 13:10:43

KCt4th
Level 20
Healthcare isn't a right. Some people deserve to die.
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 13:11:21

GeneralPE
Level 56
Idc about everything Koala and Eklipse said (tl;dr) but my opinion on Social Security - why do we have it? You pay taxes, they get sucked up in overhead costs, and then you get half of it back. Imagine if we invested it in stocks instead of giving it to bureaucrats. People could actually have more money come out then went in. I understand wanting a "safety net", but if people can't make their own with the money they save from not paying SS tax, they don't deserve one. Plus, I have more faith in the stock market than the Feds right now, so if you want safety, go private.

Also, I agree with Paugers. Healthcare (and education) are not rights. They are privileges. Everyone should have the capability to get them, but they shouldn't be spoon fed. Welfare states fail.

+1 Karl

Edited 6/1/2016 13:12:14
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 13:16:02

KCt4th
Level 20
If you're irresponsible with your money you die. Survival of the fittest. We have too many dumb people producing and its beginning to negatively affect the average IQ and we can't just outright kill these people so letting them die is the next best thing.

+1 PE

Edited 6/1/2016 13:16:34
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 15:55:55

OxTheAutist 
Level 58
Scotland is succeeding and we offer free tuition, education, and healthcare.

In fact, i'd go as far to say as the UK is succeeding, and England offers free education and healthcare.

Education = a right. No family should apply to get their child in a school, and be returned with "Sorry ur POOR child cant get EDUCATION TROLOLOLOL"

Healthcare = a right. If a person is dirt-poor, gets some deadly illness, and is returned with "Sorry U have to DIE cuz ur to POOR TROLOLOLOLOL"

Yeah, not so good now, is it?
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 15:57:41

KCt4th
Level 20
Nice straw men Ox. Also the UK is shit.
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 17:25:25

Eklipse {TJC}
Level 56
Idc about everything Koala and Eklipse said (tl;dr)

Whines about posts being too long and then proceeds to type out a whole paragraph. lol.

Plus, I have more faith in the stock market than the Feds right now, so if you want safety, go private.

Oh, that thing which spontaneously crashes and causes economic recessions whenever it does? Yeah, that's really stable.

All it takes is a Jihadist screaming "Allahu ackbar" somewhere in the Middle East to make people in the stock market panic.

Nice straw men Ox. Also the UK is shit.

You're a living straw-man.

Healthcare isn't a right. Some people deserve to die.

If you're irresponsible with your money you die. Survival of the fittest. We have too many dumb people producing and its beginning to negatively affect the average IQ and we can't just outright kill these people so letting them die is the next best thing.

Case closed. Go hide under your bridge, little troll.
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 17:29:13

OxTheAutist 
Level 58
Jew Smith, whenever somebody says something you can't outsmart you call it a straw-man argument ;)

Here is Karl/Jew :

Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 17:33:25

Lolicon love 
Level 56
Burn the scarecrow.

Edited 6/1/2016 17:34:31
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 17:34:10

KCt4th
Level 20
Remember goyyim anytime you can't win an argument resort to straw men and character attacks.
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 17:35:20

Lolicon love 
Level 56
^ works for the ones not smart enough to win an argument so why not.
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 17:37:38

KCt4th
Level 20
yep Koala and Ox love using straw men.
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 17:55:44

Cata Cauda 
Level 57
How does Healthcare work in Austria:

Every month you pay a ridiculously small amount of your salary to the state in form of a tax. Its really ridiculiously small and even adjusted to the amount of your salary, so poor suckers pay less than rich ******.
Then in case of a heavy injury, like a car accident, the state pays all your operations and all other kind of medical treatment you need. No matter how much it costs.
The state even pays smaller amounts, like antibiotics in case of an illness, for you.

I dont get why some people dont want such a luxury..-
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 17:57:04

Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
Because, say it with me, taxation is theft.
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 17:57:22

GeneralPE
Level 56
Because it doesn't work in America and welfare makes retards
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 17:59:39

Cata Cauda 
Level 57
The state is actually losing money with it, and you dont have to worry about hospital bills the next time you get shot (doesnt happen in Austria, though).
Healthcare is NOT a right.: 6/1/2016 18:01:14

KCt4th
Level 20
>what works for a country with less than a tenth of our population that is homogeneous (until recently anyway) will work here

I have kek'd. These leeches need to die anyway.

Edited 6/1/2016 18:03:20
Posts 1 - 30 of 64   1  2  3  Next >>   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service