Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to General Forum   

Posts 1 - 9 of 9   
Felidae Template Contest 1: strategic duels: 6/8/2016 13:22:38

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
Hello fellow Warlighters,

Following what Optimum used to do, let's hold the first Felidae Template Contest!

Please post a strategic template on the Duel Map, with or without members-only features if you want to join. We are going to discuss when the contest ends and how the best template and the best non-member template get picked.

OxTheAutist, Benjamin628 and whoever else that has contributed any Duel Map template to either Optimum or me in the past automatically joins the contest with their past work.:-)

Cheers,

Feline Juggernaut #3/Chatul

Edited 6/8/2016 13:23:14
Felidae Template Contest 1: strategic duels: 6/8/2016 13:24:55

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
Felidae Template Contest 1: strategic duels: 6/8/2016 13:26:59

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
We will attempt to analyze a template using game-theoretical methods. All templates should try to make sure it is not an easy thing to do, especially before we even play or see any game using these templates. If we believe your template is equivalent to who picks first wins, who picks last wins, nobody wins if he/she does any major attacks (for example the traditional duel map game), lottery (nobody knows who wins, like offensive rate>defensive rate and the move order is random), etc you are not going to win the contest.

Edited 6/8/2016 13:30:41
Felidae Template Contest 1: strategic duels: 6/20/2016 11:41:32

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
*bump*
Please respond...:-)
Felidae Template Contest 1: strategic duels: 6/20/2016 12:10:19

Rikku
Level 57
Doing this on a two territory template really dampness what creativity people can have.
Felidae Template Contest 1: strategic duels: 6/20/2016 13:25:37

Zephyrum 
Level 60
You already replied to the thread twice, bumping it will do no good...
Felidae Template Contest 1: strategic duels: 6/20/2016 16:12:47

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
Rikku, with an army cap, complete fog, 100% luck, negative sanction cards and spy cards I think we can have some cool games.
OxTheAutist, Benjamin628, M.Porieu etc provided a lot of good ideas. I believe when we combine these four we should have good games.

@Zephyrum With some luck I think we do have some nontrivial game that is fun to play.

Do you want me to invite you to one, guys?

Edited 6/20/2016 16:15:49
Felidae Template Contest 1: strategic duels: 6/20/2016 16:18:37

Buns157 
Level 66
Just making sure, you're on about making non trivial templates for the duel map; the one with two territories?

If so give up and stop bumping this thread.
Felidae Template Contest 1: strategic duels: 6/20/2016 16:24:31

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
Buns, yes. But I'm neither trolling nor joking. This is actually possible even without bomb cards. All cards have to be given at the beginning of a game. We can have 3 spy cards, 5 -100% sanction cards and 3 20-army reinf cards.

When you have a low army cap with several -100% sanction cards given at the beginning of the game you have to lose some armies to be able to fully utilize all the sanction cards at once. When we have complete fog, 100% luck and some spy cards you need spy cards to know how many armies your opponent has. The kill rates can also be modified to not completely favor defense.

Now we have a pretty much nontrivial game.

Edited 6/20/2016 16:26:12
Posts 1 - 9 of 9   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service