who do u think will win the playoffs?
cavs vs gs: 6/17/2016 18:10:26

GeneralPE
Level 56
GS
cavs vs gs: 6/17/2016 18:26:08

knyte 
Level 58
Last night was a not a good sign (11-31 in the first quarter is wtf). Not sure if Iggy's gonna be out or in (probably playing like he's swallowed a cane), and we don't have Bogut either.

Now that it's do-or-die, I think it all comes down to whether Steph can show up in the first quarter. Steph's been incredibly meh (by his standards- which are the standards we need him to perform at) this series, and I don't want to see another Game 5 happen.

Also, Barnes is 2-22 the last two games. I hope he change something about his style- play more like GSW vs. OKC Barnes who knew he wasn't doing well and just passed instead of missing a ton of shots (that also seems to be what Love is doing).

I think GSW are still going to pull off the championship (and I want them to, after the bullshit ref calls in Game 6) but it's going to need a lot better showing in the first quarter than what we've been seeing so far. And a lot better defense- right now the Cavs have been able to just crack their defense like an egg every time, and GSW has struggled to get past the Cavs defense. Game 1 GSW wouldn't be unwelcome either.
cavs vs gs: 6/17/2016 19:04:30

(AOE) Manchester United
Level 26
yeah unless they play like last night
cavs vs gs: 6/18/2016 06:43:36

knyte 
Level 58
Last night wasn't that bad. It looked bad with a huge deficit the whole game, Steph fouling out, etc., but between Q2-Q4, the Warriors actually gained 6 on the Cavs. If we see GSW play like that on Sunday, we're good- even if it's not the best way to end the Finals.

Q1, though. 11-31 is just something special- 3 fouls in the first 90 seconds, Steph fouling twice in the first 3 minutes, missing the first 7 shots until Dray puts you on the board with a lay-up- and the Cavs almost at a double-digit lead by the time you even get on the scoreboard. That's what I'm afraid of- GSW (especially Steph) aren't explosive anymore, and if they let the Cavs start the game on the offensive and build a lead like that, it's over. Coming back from 20 requires you to match every point they make and figure out how to get 21 points on top of that somewhere in between.

I think the Warriors also need to refactor their defense- ever since they lost Bogut, it just hasn't been working. Switch there, mismatch with LeBron and Curry, and boom here's a dunk. Or a three from Kyrie. Cavs are just consistently cutting through 'em. On the other side of the court, Warriors either can't get through Cavs defense (dem Steph turnovers tho), struggle to pass the ball around and get an opening (Cavs' Big 3 are great at creating their own shots, Splash Bros. not so much) they screw up, or somehow get a good look and then miss an open 3 (even if they're Steph).

These aren't the regular season Warriors anymore. Hopefully they'll still manage to avoid tainting the legacy. These playoffs will be bad, but in light of 73-9 and hopefully a championship, no one's going to really remember how bad Games 3, 5, and 6 were (especially Game 5) and how LeBron just kind of... woke up and dominated along with Kyrie (and holy shit Kyrie's good). But screw up Game 7 and, well, you just went 73-9 and don't have any rings to show for it.
cavs vs gs: 6/18/2016 15:40:17

(AOE) Manchester United
Level 26
yeah Kyrie whooped curry ass
cavs vs gs: 6/18/2016 20:25:57

knyte 
Level 58
Mainly on turnovers. Beyond that there's not that big of a gap. Kyrie is just much better than Curry on defense.
cavs vs gs: 6/18/2016 20:47:16

(AOE) Manchester United
Level 26
yeah
cavs vs gs: 6/20/2016 03:28:53

knyte 
Level 58
Can't believe it fucking happened. Someone please kill me now.
cavs vs gs: 6/20/2016 04:02:32

DerWyyy
Level 53
coming from a bulls fan... i hate lebron...i also hate bandwagoners...(GS fans)... but as for the City of Cleveland, congrats. after 60 something years your city has won a championship. I will always hate Lebron, even if he comes to the Bulls, but I think Oklahoma City should have won it this year.
cavs vs gs: 6/20/2016 04:04:36

Zenvue
Level 54
I was hoping for OKC Vs. Cavs
cavs vs gs: 6/20/2016 04:06:47

DerWyyy
Level 53
^^^ same.

only good game to watch in finals was tonight
cavs vs gs: 6/20/2016 05:26:52

knyte 
Level 58
Game 1 was pretty solid, I'd say Game 4 was too. Tonight was actually a pretty bad game- LeBron and Draymond were just about the only solid players out there.

We did just probably see the highlight of LeBron's entire career. He finally brought one to the Land.

But it's still hard to come to terms with this. 73-9 and no ring to show for it feels pretty bad.

Edited 6/20/2016 05:28:19
cavs vs gs: 6/20/2016 11:30:00

(AOE) Manchester United
Level 26
well cavs won and I agree I am An OKC fan lol
cavs vs gs: 6/20/2016 12:15:43

Beren • apex 
Level 62
CLEVELAND!!!!
cavs vs gs: 6/20/2016 13:14:15

GeneralPE
Level 56
Yeah Knyte, I don't like GS but I was rooting for them since it seems cheap to be the best regular season team in history and not get a title. That's where you wish it was like the BPL
cavs vs gs: 6/20/2016 17:42:16

DerWyyy
Level 53
95 Bulls are still the best team in NBA history, better than 2016 Warriors, Cavs, 2010 Miami Heat

But GS did take the 73 win mark, which should have dissevered them the title

now LeBron will stay in Cleveland another year, Love is going to Miami, Durant to NY Knicks,
cavs vs gs: 6/20/2016 18:06:17

knyte 
Level 58
@GeneralPE: Pats and Dubs are my second teams (first ones are obviously my home teams; second teams are just the ones I get into because I really like how they play and started watching because I kind of use them as the standard for what my home teams could be like), so it feels extra bad knowing that 3 other teams have set the best regular-season records in their league only to not win the championship. (inb4 'bandwagoner'; I ain't gonna ditch these teams when they have a bad season, and I've seen their bad seasons too)

That said, imho, this series ended in Game 5 when Bogut got injured. We were already seeing the Dray-less Warriors struggle at home, and right after Bogut hurt his knee we saw the Cavs get a 5-point lead, then 10, then 15. Ever since Bogut was gone, even with Dray back in, I haven't seen good defense on the Dubs' part, and Tristan Thompson's been quietly really hard to stop. We saw Kerr try to use Ezeli and the rest to get the kind of rim protection we got from Bogut, but then it just didn't work (Ezeli in the 4th quarter = 6 more shots for LeBron that cost the Dubs the game).

@DerWyyyy: Uh, the Durant decision hasn't been made yet, and I'm pretty sure Love's hasn't been either. We'll have to wait and see. And I don't think LeBron's gonna leave the Cavs ever (until retirement), tbh; his legacy is locked in now, he's achieved pretty much what he was going for in basketball and I see no motivation at all for him to leave the team he's basically built.

Edited 6/20/2016 18:06:40
cavs vs gs: 6/21/2016 02:30:58

DerWyyy
Level 53
@Knyte- i said I think.

Lebron leaves if he doesnt win(Hence why he left Miami and Cleveland first). I think the Cavs will let Love go, cuz he had a bad season and is getting to much $. KD I feel would have a good fit in NYK or LAL, if they resign Westbrook
Posts 1 - 19 of 19   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service