Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Off-topic Forum   

Posts 1 - 30 of 40   1  2  Next >>   
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 08:54:24

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
Imagine it is 2040.

One person suddenly announces that he/she (and his/her group) has a doomsday weapon that can be used to kill most humans. He/she may be the leader of North Korea or some other crazy country, a cult leader or just a random ambitious potential warlord. He/she declares that everyone must agree to his/her harsh condition (such as everyone must submit to ISIS) or he/she will immediately use the doomsday weapons.

How will the world react?

Assumptions:
1.The demands have huge influences on human lives. It's more than "Don't ever invade North Korea" or "Don't attempt to overthrow me or allow me to be overthrown through inaction". It's more like "You must all declare your allegiance to me as the Absolute Dictator of Earth" or more likely "You must all convert to my version of a particular religion and obey me or you must all die right now!".
2.The person is likely to do that for a religious reason or he/she is mentally ill. Actual dictators such as Kim Jong-un are not very likely to demand completely outrageous things so even if they can under the threat of a near human extinction because they still want to live in luxury.
3.The person is probably more of a true believer in some stuff or a person that does not care about his/her own life than a hypocritical manipulative sociopath or a con-man. A person who merely try to manipulate others into agreeing to his/her doomsday ultimatum don't actually have the incentive to cause any apocalypse (carry out the threat). Hence that person can't be your typical cult leader who only wants money or sex.

Hence
1.That person has the ability to cause or almost cause human extinction.
2.The world can not prevent that person from successfully carrying out this threat.
3.That person will actually carry out the threat if necessary as opposed to merely using doomsday weapons to blackmail humanity.
4.That person is willing to risk his/her life and a significant decline in living conditions if the threat is carried out.

Edited 10/29/2016 09:16:41
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 09:33:41

Spenglerian Traditionalist
Level 47
>how would the world react

the world isn't an entity

Anyhow I wouldn't give af so long as the white race survives and I'm entertained.
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 09:36:13

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^Well such a Doomsday Dictator (DD) does not care about the existence of the white race or at least most of it (I mean in this case assume the DD happens to be white but he/she can equally be someone else). Well DD does not even care about his/her own existence anyway. Why does he/she care about the existence of a race regardless of whether he/she is a member of it?

The world is not an entity. However it will temporarily unite if such a freaky DD exists. I'm pretty sure that CIA, FSB, Mossad, MI6 etc will be looking for the same person until the DD problem is solved (if it is possible to solve) because DD using the weapons is going to make all current countries obsolete.

ISIS is getting controlled. One reason is that Baghdadi actually has the potential to be a DD if the ISIS problem is not contained. Islamists sometimes already meet conditions 3 and 4. We are lucky that they don't have 1 or 2 now. A nuclear Pakistan controlled by Islamists (this has not happened yet since Pakistani nuclear scientists are fairly non-Islamist) for example is basically a DD if it demands outrageous things such as everyone submitting to Sharia or getting nuked.

Edited 10/29/2016 09:44:41
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 09:46:10

Level 47
''Well DD does not even care about his/her own existence anyway''

false

''However it will temporarily unite if such a freaky DD exists''

nope

''Why does he/she care about the existence of a race regardless of whether he/she is a member of it?''

self preservation
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 09:48:51

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^DD is most likely to be either a religious-motivated person not afraid of martyrdom or basically a mass murder-suicide offender who has no interest in self-preservation.

What you are talking about aren't real DDs. You need to threaten the entire humanity with destruction to be a DD.

Edited 10/29/2016 09:50:04
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 09:55:13

Level 47
''who has no interest in self-preservation''

false
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 09:55:31

Level 47
Also you've derailed your own thread, good job.
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 09:57:46

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^^Some religion-motivated people have no interest in self-preservation in a secular sense simply because they don't think within a secular framework. Otherwise what are these suicide bombers doing? They literally believe that dying in jihad is the only assured way to heaven.

Edited 10/29/2016 09:58:48
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 10:01:05

Level 47
''have no interest in self-preservation''

false
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 10:01:29

Leibstandarte (Vengeance)
Level 40
Most are brainwashed and/or injected with drugs. If those do not work the good old ''Do it or i'll kill your family'' works too.
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 10:04:40

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_ibn_al-Walid#Death

Yep. Religious motivation is real. Please look at that. This dude was sad that he did not die in...jihad. Some people literally believe that martyrdom necessarily leads to heaven.

Edited 10/29/2016 10:06:44
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 10:06:20

Level 47
thread effectively derailed.
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 10:18:50

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
Will the world submit to DD or be destroyed by him/her?
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 10:38:49

Level 47
never going to happen anyway
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 10:41:46

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^It can actually happen. There are already crazy cults and misanthropes. You only need more technology for this to work.

One hypothetical scenario will be radical Islamists on the level of ISIS get nukes and long-distance missiles.

Edited 10/29/2016 10:42:33
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 10:48:47

Level 47
nope

>ISIS

controlled by the jews anyway, they have no need to kill all the goyyim outright.
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 10:51:02

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^LOL. Jews control everything. Then why do people like you exist?

I can also claim that cats control everything.

Edited 10/29/2016 10:52:18
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 10:57:45

Level 47
>why do people like you exist

can't get rid of everyone
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 10:58:31

Level 47
Also nice strawman JIDF
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 16:07:48

Жұқтыру
Level 55
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Hand_(nuclear_war)

also let's not forget that when they first tested the core bomb, many scientists involved were against it and fearful that it would catch the atmosphere on fire.
Doomsday Dictator: 10/29/2016 21:00:29

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
A religiously motivated group or individual does not necessarily care about self-preservation in a secular sense due to their beliefs.

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1398519/jewish/Emunah.htm

The litmus test would be a case of martyrdom. A person with sub-rational faith may or may not decide to give his life for his faith. A person with super-rational emunah sees no choice—to deny his emunah is to deny the quintessence of his being.

I actually agree with the reasoning of that part. However this does show what is wrong with strong faith.

Edited 10/29/2016 21:04:34
Doomsday Dictator: 10/30/2016 01:47:31

Level 47
''A religiously motivated group or individual does not necessarily care about self-preservation in a secular sense due to their beliefs.''

false
Doomsday Dictator: 10/30/2016 02:10:48

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^Well you are being absurd. There are people who die for religion because they believe martyrdom grants them entrance to heaven. There are people who refuse most forms of medical treatment but instead rely on faith healing because of their religious sects. Please explain to me how their belief system about reality do not change their actions,
Doomsday Dictator: 10/30/2016 02:35:20

Level 47
>I'm too autistic to understand people who believe in something so I'm just going to call them absurd

typical atheist
Doomsday Dictator: 10/30/2016 02:43:43

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^DH0-1.

Most seculars actually don't understand religious beliefs at all. I do. It's simply belief that religious events are real, heaven and hell being as real as America, France, Florida or your town/city. To a true believer the existence of heaven is taken for granted just like existence of Virginia.

It's hard to fathom if you are always around secular people only. However "dying in jihad and get 72 virgins" to an Islamist is as real as "do an online survey for Chick-fil-A and get a free CFA sandwich" to any person. They literally believe in the 72 virgins just like we believe in that CFA sandwich. However there is a difference here. People can get the CFA sandwiches while alive. We can verify that CFA sandwiches are real. On the other hand, people can only get the virgins if Islam is correct, they are dead and they are in heaven. There is no way to verify that either the correctness of Islam or the existence of these virgins (i.e. some Muslim returns from the Islamic heaven with his celestial harem, the Mahdi or Dajjal show up and people take a pic of them, etc) Since there is no evidence for me to believe that Islam is very likely to be correct, I won't die for Islam to get some wives.

Edited 10/30/2016 02:57:24
Doomsday Dictator: 10/30/2016 02:58:23

Level 47
tl;dr also you've completely dodged my point. Nice work kike.
Doomsday Dictator: 10/30/2016 03:01:06

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^LOL it's a waste of time to talk to you (or maybe people here in general).

TL;DR is not a way of refuting anything. My reasoning is pretty clear here. I said that theists basically consider theism as a part of reality. Their view of reality is different from that of non-theists. Hence sometimes religiously motivated people do not pursue self-preservation in a secular sense because their seemingly irrational behavior IS what lead to gains in their belief system.

Edited 10/30/2016 03:04:02
Doomsday Dictator: 10/30/2016 03:05:16

Level 47
''do not pursue self-preservation''

>saving your soul isn't self preservation

tabbys autism strikes again
Doomsday Dictator: 10/30/2016 03:05:57

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 51
^LOL so we actually agree.

Saving one's soul IS self-preservation in a theistic belief system. However sometimes the soul-saving action which can actually be jihad makes little secular sense. That's why I said "self-preservation in a secular sense".

We don't know which belief system is true right now (and that includes strong atheism). Hence it is reasonable to test whether an action is beneficial under multiple assumptions. Is it a good idea if this belief system is correct? Is it a good idea if that one is correct?

Edited 10/30/2016 03:08:49
Doomsday Dictator: 10/30/2016 03:08:39

Level 47
nope, you said they have no interest in self preservation. You're contradicting yourself, stop doing drugs.
Posts 1 - 30 of 40   1  2  Next >>   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service