Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Off-topic Forum   

Posts 1 - 17 of 17   
Futurology: How destructive can a misanthrope be?: 12/6/2016 05:35:20

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
In the future even the most libertarian society will have to violate individual freedom if a single individual can be sufficiently destructive. Hence we need to ask this question, is "Single Individual, Massively Destructive" possible in the future?

Just as I said, if one previously unknown single misanthrope could nuke a major city every year the world could have become very chaotic. You can curb Al-Qaeda and even ISIS. However there is no way you can prevent crazy and unaffiliated individuals from nuking humanity without high amount of mass surveillance.

Edited 12/6/2016 05:44:11
Futurology: How destructive can a misanthrope be?: 12/6/2016 05:39:03

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
Futurology: How destructive can a misanthrope be?: 12/6/2016 05:49:35

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
Hypothetical scenario: Each individual holds a button with which the universe becomes hell with everyone tortured forever.

Result: The world would become hell within 1 minute because some unknown misanthrope would have pushed it.

Edited 12/6/2016 05:50:28
Futurology: How destructive can a misanthrope be?: 12/6/2016 07:17:57

[FEL] The Prince of Felidia
Level 55
Fuck off Taggy
Futurology: How destructive can a misanthrope be?: 12/6/2016 23:58:24

BUFFALO
Level 44
As a misanthropist myself, I support human extinction. Therefore, I see this as a non-issue.
Futurology: How destructive can a misanthrope be?: 12/7/2016 01:46:51

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
Misanthropy isn't the only threat. We are expecting more genocides in the future. While most people think in the direction of peace and prosperity, some people can easily think in the other direction. The key issue is how to prevent dreams of these people from becoming reality since they are certainly feasible.

Don't worry about isolationists and segregationists among all groups. Do worry about exterminationism for technology is making it feasible. There is no better way to perpetually control a land other than completely exterminating all its residents and anyone else that are related to them emotionally. Though complete expulsion is feasible it is in no way as perpetual as complete extermination. A completely extinct people can never fight back while an existing one can, even if they are persecuted, subjugated, weakened and even enslaved. They may look weak at the moment but their descendants can overpower yours after 200 years. A wise individual/group knows when to submit since submission usually spares them from extermination. A wise conqueror knows that extermination is the only way through which a conquest can be permanent (that means it is 100% irreversible even after thousands of years). Humanity is lucky that almost all conquerors have not been sufficiently wise. The Third Reich was probably the only rational conquering power I have ever learned about in history and we know how horrible it was. Well even the Third Reich spared some nations to some extant. The next one will be much worse. In the philosophy of exterminationism there is no need to justify any extermination by any fault/guilt/etc as the previous genocidaires have done (i.e. the so-called Jewish conspiracy, cities do not surrender, etc). Instead extermination is dished out against not just enemies, but also bystanders and even collaborators. Extermination is also not due to any hatred or perceived wrong but instead it is due to the simple fact that the only way to maximize one's (or one group's) interests forever is to destroy all other groups, friendly, indifferent or bellicose.

Cold-hearted high-tech global genocide attempts without any hatred will be unprecedented horror of the future unless it can be stopped before it ever happens.

Edited 12/7/2016 02:06:33
Futurology: How destructive can a misanthrope be?: 12/7/2016 02:16:23

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
The motive of exterminationism is very different from previous horrors. Previous horrors happened due to hatred and human brutality (such as mass war rape just for the sake of sex). On the other hand, exterminationism is cold, calm and indifferent with little or no hatred at all. Rape of course can not be encouraged (other than rape + immediate execution of the victim) since any form of sex , even rape, potentially allies one's own group with another one and frustrate the cold and calculated ideology of exterminationism. The only motive of exterminationism is to completely secure the future of one's own group by destroying all competitors and potential competitors. It is in essence establishing a permanent monopoly and nothing else. The goal is not to destroy all members of some group A. Instead the goal is to establish a total monopoly by removing all other groups.

Hence exterminationism has to be combated at the level of ideology. If exterminationism turns out to be harmful to the group that is supposed to rise after it then extermination will not be carried out.

Edited 12/7/2016 02:19:07
Futurology: How destructive can a misanthrope be?: 12/7/2016 02:31:39

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
Now let's apply this to aliens.

In essence my basic assumption about aliens is that they are exterminationist towards humans and any other intelligent organisms they consider aliens.

My proposed response is basically the same. If integration is possible, integrate. If not, fight an exterminationist war.

Edited 12/7/2016 02:34:23
Futurology: How destructive can a misanthrope be?: 12/7/2016 02:43:02

Ravenna-SPQR
Level 22
This is interesting food for thought...
Futurology: How destructive can a misanthrope be?: 12/7/2016 02:52:08

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^The main issue is how to prevent it.

Well there is almost nothing worse than some harsh genocidal events happen all over relatively advanced nations (such as fascists in West Europe, Russia, South Asia, East Asia and Islamofascists begin to nuke/use super AI against/use ethno bioweapon against each other due to ethnoreligious hatred). If this happens we may end up having some really weird realities such as the Northern Hemisphere largely destroyed with Sub-Saharan Africa largely spared. Then those that happen to be in Sub-Saharan Africa for whatever reason will be lucky. I mean, blacks currently do not have the ability to start a high-tech genocide by themselves. Hence a global mass genocidal spiral is very likely to spare them.

Edited 12/7/2016 02:58:59
Futurology: How destructive can a misanthrope be?: 12/7/2016 03:06:32

Жұқтыру
Level 55
Meow! Islamofascists are going to be deleted next!
Futurology: How destructive can a misanthrope be?: 12/7/2016 13:55:00

trumputinigelepenkenstein
Level 56
Mass surveillance can be useful but is not enough. We need mass enhancement, the natural evolution of biological life is way too slow compared to the advance of technology(including the one with destructive potential).
We think we are smart, as we can produce antimatter, we can do this, we can to that? Nope, that is what we have, what was accumulated over time. What we are is just a bunch of primates with better encephalization quotient.

How much more evolved than macaques we really are?
"Alpha males, who rule the 50 or so macaques in the troop, use threats and violence to hold on to the safest sleeping places, the best food, and access to the females in the group with whom they want to have sex. Like human dictators intent on holding power, dominant monkeys use frequent and unpredictable aggression as an effective form of intimidation. Less powerful members of the rhesus macaque group are marginalized and forced to live on the edges of the group’s area, where they are vulnerable to predator attacks. They must wait for the others to eat first and then have the leftovers; they have sex only when the dominant monkeys are not looking." http://www-news.uchicago.edu/releases/07/071025.monkeys.shtml

Edited 12/7/2016 14:06:13
Futurology: How destructive can a misanthrope be?: 12/11/2016 08:34:56

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
^I agree. Transhumanism with sexuality abolished is necessary.

If I were the leader of an alien invasion force that attempt to exterminate humanity I would look for single males in the militaries, governments and STEM labs as collaborators. I mean you can use divisions to weaken humans. However racists are loyal to their own race, Islamists are kind to the Ummah. Only bitter single males and people that are completely bitter against humanity can be recruited as spies and collaborators in extermination campaign against all humans.

Before abolishing sexuality a temporary fix is legal prostitution which is necessary to keep this problem at bay.

Edited 12/11/2016 08:38:41
Futurology: How destructive can a misanthrope be?: 12/11/2016 08:40:57

Level 55
Fuck off pear raper
Futurology: How destructive can a misanthrope be?: 12/18/2016 05:44:27

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
What?
Futurology: How destructive can a misanthrope be?: 12/18/2016 06:03:29

Level 55
You rape pears. Mouldy pears. Don't deny it
Futurology: How destructive can a misanthrope be?: 12/18/2016 06:28:21

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 53
I do not. Stop your libel.
Posts 1 - 17 of 17   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service