This is a great map. Good attention to detail. But the fact that it is only west Europe and North America gives me a feeling in the back of my mind that says "is this supposed to be neo-colonialism". That may just be paranoid me, though.
The number of territories may be a little small for a diplomacy, by some standards. I suggest you could:
- Draw in some countries (and their regions) in West Africa, and call it "The Northwest Hemisphere", or something similar to it
- Draw some more European nations, Hungary and Slovakia maybe, and finish up the parts of Sweden and Norway?
- Divide some European nations further(if space grants). For example: Belgium into Flanders and Wallonia, Netherlands into Holland, Zeeland, and Frisia. Austria into Styria, Tyrol, and Lower Austria. England into East Anglia, Cornwall, The Midlands, Yorkshire, and Northern England. Ireland into Leinster, Connaught, Munster.
- Also divide up central American nations into 2 or 3 main regions. This may be a bit hard, since they commonly are not divided into that number. If you can only come up with things like "North Nicaragua" and "South Nicaragua", don't do it.
- Draw some island chains. Maybe a territory for the Leeward Antilles, Windward Antilles, and the Virgin Islands.