I think the way the achievements are set-up is a good way to motivate(newer) players to try out certain things, for example, there is already an airlift-achievement but it requires you too defend an attack with it, figuring this out and getting this achievement improves the player's understanding of the game(-mechanics) while compared to moros airlift-achievement they would only learn how to use a card without actually having to use it well.
(sorry Moros, i just needed an example, and btw i 'm a full supporter of the Should have read the settings-achievement xD )
army-based achievements that can be easily achieved using a custom scenario.
Custom scenarios aren't ranked so they do not count.
Though for abovementioned reasons i agree that being abusable isn't a big deal,
if players insist on screwing themselves let them.
-Double Trouble: Play in two RT games at the same time
They would have to require wins though, else this one would be easy to gain.
(Don't count # of games playing, but # of games winning, so playing 3 and winning 2 would count as 2)
maybe making a few of these for different boot-times(and possibly # of wins)
-Running through: Win a Multi-Attack game
I would make it "break at least X(6?) (non-overlapping, or on 6 different territories) bonuses with a single stack."
instead of giving achievements for winning 10 games, then 100 games, then I guess 1000 games, make different tiers of achievements: bronze, silver, gold, whatever.
There are only a few achievements that can be divided into 3 tiers,
plus, we already have trophies which seem to be golden.
Though i wouldn't mind a silver-tier in-between that require some real skill to gain.
(for example my killer-suggestion)
Nitpicking is fun :)
True, it does consume quite some time though :P
Darnit, now i should make a few as well.
- Not gonna back down:Win a team-game where your team-mates have already surrendered/been eliminated
- apprentice Defender:Use all your income to defend all the spots that are being attacked that turn, which must be at least 3 territories.
- master defender:Move two stacks onto two territories that are both attacked but not taken in the same turn, opponent has to lose more armies in total on those attacks then you.
- Killer:Win a 4-or more-FFA in which you eliminate every opponent by yourself.
(this one could have different levels for different amounts of players)
- Foreseeër:Use a diplomacy card on an opponent while there are at least 4 teams still active(so FFA maybe in teams and at least 3 enemy teams have not yet been eliminated) on the same turn he is moving his stacks from behind his border-territories with you onto those territories.(plus some requirement about fog)