Help
Community   Maps   Forum   Mail   Ladders   Clans   Recent Games
Sign In | Sign Up
<< Back to Off-topic Forum   

Posts 1 - 30 of 187   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next >>   
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 07:58:04

Wally Balls 
Level 58
At California State University Los Angeles, black students will have racially segregated dorms, at their own request.

They fought to end segregation and now they are fighting to have it back.
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 08:07:06

supergamerzchannel 
Level 56
Everyone has gone mad.
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 10:32:23

Bactrian Emperor
Level 12
Jesus Christ. It's like they're victimizing themselves for their personal gain...

Oh wait.
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 11:08:49

GeneralPE
Level 56
I doubt they have the balls to make white-only dorms.
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 11:15:08

Benjamin628 
Level 59
What's the word? Progressive? Regressive? The are so liberal they are moving backeards

Edited 9/7/2016 11:15:27
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 11:15:28

The Lord
Level 52
This happens because black lives matter more than white lives. Just ask Bernie or Hillary.
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 11:50:12

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
This is harmful and sad.

They will find out how bad this idea is for them many years later.

This is a result of African American non-integration and the fact that there are not many thoughtful leaders among them left (those who are left are largely Republicans you know).

Edited 9/7/2016 12:02:21
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 12:40:57

Belgian Gentleman
Level 55
This is nothing new. I had this back in the early 60's. There was a house on campus called "The Black House" where only black students lived and several classes that were restricted for white people only. It wasn't really a big deal, everybody got along just fine.
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 12:46:48

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
Well non-integration by any major group can be a huge problem to the society in the long run.

I won't be that concerned if people whose SSN is a prime number largely does not get along with others too much and live in ghettos in poverty since there is no group identity called "Prime SSN holders".

I'm concerned because a significant group with a very strong group identity that look very different from everyone else (except for Asian Indians and several other groups) that is poor, uneducated, segregated and has relatively poor relationship with others.

Edited 9/7/2016 12:48:39
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 14:25:29

[REGL] Pooh 
Level 59
Quit posting Onion article headlines. There's no way that this is true.
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 14:25:54

Beren • apex 
Level 62
The university I went to had a small dorm for black students. However I'm not sure how popular it was, because I knew one non-black guy who transferred to our school was assigned a dorm there his first semester because they had many vacancies. I suspect most of the black students wanted to live among their friends not all of whom were black.

Edited 9/7/2016 14:26:20
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 14:32:51

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^^Sadly this is true. What is worse is that U Conn is doing the same. Oy vey! Yeah segregating black males into a dorm can help them graduate? What??

^The problem is not that there are light-skinned humans and dark-skinned humans and they look different from each other. (South Asian) Indians are largely dark-skinned and they have no trouble getting along with everyone else, being assimilated and doing STEM. Why are African Americans different when real African immigrants can at least learn STEM? No amount of affirmative action which is in essence both a discrimination against people of Eurasian origins but also something harmful for Africans in the long run can fix the problem. On the other hand, cultural integration of them into a good American subculture (New England, California, etc) can fix the problem. The more segregated (including self-segregation) African Americans are the worse their lives are. We can do a thought experiment. Assume that there is a massive wall that separate all black Africans from everyone else which nobody and no information can ever cross. Ultimately it harms those inside the wall, not those outside it.

Edited 9/7/2016 14:44:41
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 15:33:26

Belgian Gentleman
Level 55
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 15:45:36

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^LOL you downvote me for promoting integration and opposing racism instead of letting Africans remain poor and segregated?

Wanting dark-skinned Africans to remain in poverty IS racist while promoting integration is the exact opposition to that.

Edited 9/7/2016 15:46:32
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 15:47:44

Major General Smedley Butler
Level 49
I think it's the walls of text
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 17:25:42

OxTheAutist 
Level 58
The are so liberal they are moving backeards

lol

I'm not sure how true this is, however. I'm skeptical as hell when the first 3 news sources I see are from Fox News, The Blaze, and Daily Mail respectively.
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 20:17:33

MightySpeck (a Koala) 
Level 57
why is that respectively?

Quit posting Onion article headlines. There's no way that this is true.

just read an article it's true.

Also apparently they demanded that it be cheap housing too. idk if they got it though.

Edited 9/7/2016 20:25:35
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 21:09:47

Жұқтыру
Level 55
I don't see what's so bad at this. It's a well-known truth that folk will have better feelings to those who are like them. Muslims don't go to churches, Christians don't go to mosques. In Brazil, on private beaches, sometimes there are private beaches for whiteskins and for blackskins and it's a liked move on both sides.
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 21:21:20

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^The problem is more about whether it is a good idea. I say it's not. It will only lead to even more African American self-segregation and lack of progress. Then there will be more crimes because poverty is related to crime. More racism from both sides as well. There is a mentality that needs to be removed, namely the ridiculous hypothesis that African Americans are inherently so different from other Americans and hence inherently can not succeed in science, engineering, etc.

Edited 9/7/2016 21:46:25
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 21:33:58

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^^We do not need more reasons to divide humanity since hostile aliens may exist. The difference between light-skinned and dark-skinned people in terms of appearance will always exist no matter how much intermarriage is done (just please see Latin America). However difference in appearance should not lead to difference in culture and conflicts which are undesirable. Everybody should be in the best culture and bad cultures have no reasons to exist.

I won't mind that much if people with prime SSN are poor and segregated from the rest of humanity since there is no "Prime SSN identity" and nobody believes that there is discrimination based on whether one's SSN is a prime number. However having dark skin in a largely light-skinned society is something else. Real and imaginary racism can be blamed for real problems which are probably solvable without blaming everything on racism.

Edited 9/7/2016 21:39:11
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 21:39:02

Cheesus Crust
Level 23
Cheesus sayeth:

The darker people just came out of the oven late.
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 21:40:57

[FEL]Chatul
Level 22
^The issue is that it is not skin color that matters. South Asian Indians are mostly dark-skinned but they are respected and integrated in America. It is true that genetically they are much closer to Europeans than most Africans (but not African Americans since they usually have some European ancestry) but this is not why they are accepted. It is because they are culturally integrated.

Edited 9/7/2016 21:41:36
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 21:43:33

Belgian Gentleman
Level 55
This is why the forums are bad
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 21:44:53

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^Why?
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 21:54:13

Belgian Gentleman
Level 55
You replying to every comment after you've written your own. Expect an answer, write walls of text but it is uninteresting and no serious person talks back to you. Then continue living in your disillusional world and live in a closed room called your ego. No, you're not funny
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 21:57:10

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^Not really. I'm just very unconventional hence neither leftists nor rightists like me. I'm in essence a felinist individualist that reject human fashion and most forms of consensus.

Nobody has problems with trolls and really offensive people, however people have problems with me.

I imagine a future world without sex and family, instead robots will teach all humans knowledge and philosophy and instill respect for written laws.

Edited 9/7/2016 22:03:20
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 22:02:58

Belgian Gentleman
Level 55
Because they consider you rather annoying or too much focussed on attention or ego only?

Nobody has problems with trolls and really offensive people

End your bullshit

Edited 9/7/2016 22:04:38
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 22:05:31

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^Or because of my unconventional views? Some of my social views are a moderate version of religious right and some are from the scientific community (and hence is a bit to the left). Some are just my personal views. Most people simply accept a set of unrelated views together (for example secularism and pro-abortion) while I do not. I'm also almost entirely unwilling to compromise on any of my ideals at least online. Maybe that's one reason why I'm unpopular.

Another reason is my communication style. As an Aspie I can be like a broken record, extremely repetitive but never gets annoyed by my own repetition.

Edited 9/7/2016 22:08:58
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 22:08:54

Belgian Gentleman
Level 55
A psychologist. You might need one!
California University now segregating dorms.: 9/7/2016 22:10:10

(((Tabby Juggernaut)))
Level 50
^I believe felinism is not necessarily for everyone since most people unfortunately value relationships over ideals. I don't. To me good ideas, good philosophies, science, knowledge, ethics and obedience to the written law are more important than relationships.

Edited 9/7/2016 22:11:08
Posts 1 - 30 of 187   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next >>   

Contact | About WarLight | Play Risk Online | Multiplayer Strategy Game | Challenge Friends, Win Money | Skill Game | Terms of Service