For those interested, please read the entire post, maybe not in one go. There will not be a tl;dr version.
There will be 4 stages to this World Championship playing this template https://www.warlight.net/MultiPlayer?TemplateID=602772
(4x4 3v3 Europe no luck) and they will be as such:
1st Stage: Regional Double Elimination Tournaments
Those who apply will be thrown into a multiday Regional DE Tournament of either North/Latin America and East Asia or Europe and West Asia. Anyone who does not fit these regional descriptions will be put into the Europe region. All members of your team must fit the regional description. Boot time will be 1 day 4 hours with vacations not honored. This will start on the 11th of May.
2nd Stage: 2-game Round Robin Tournaments
The top 8 or 10 of the 1st Stage (depending on the amount of teams that apply) will be thrown into a 2-game Round Robin. These are the rules for the 2nd Stage:
1. 2 real-time games (5 minute + 10 minute banked boot times) will be played per week. Game 1 will be played on Tuesday @ 17:00 GMT-8 for North America region and 17:00 GMT for Europe region. Game 2 will be played on Thursday at the same times. Broadcasts will be on Wednesday and Friday @ 12:00 GMT - 6.
2. Each team will play each other twice.
3. Ties will be resolved by head to head matchup first, best of 3 will be scheduled if still unresolved.
4. Each team will have a team captain who will be available for interviews through Skype (at least try to be), and be responsible for communicating to the series host(s) about their roster in a given week.
5. Teams will have a roster of at least 3 people and at maximum 6 people. Anyone aside from the first 3 listed will be considered an alternate.
6. Alternates never have to play a game. They are there just in case a player cannot play their games due to prior arrangements.
7. Rosters for a given week are due on Saturday prior to that week.
8. The bottom 2 performing teams will be forced to repeat the 1st stage, while ranks 3-6 or 3-8 (depends on how many apply/are in the 2nd stage) will be re-invited to the 2nd stage for the next world championship.
3rd Stage: Regional Playoffs
Playoffs for both regions will be decided by the amount of teams during the 2nd stage. Either way there will be a best of 3 playoff series with the seeds based on the team's rank during the 2nd stage. Winner of this playoff series will make it to the 4th stage
4th Stage: World Championship
The regional playoff winners will play each other in a best of 5. Right now our prize will be limited, but if people agree we could require coins in order to compete in the 2nd stage. The prize without anyone putting their coins on the line:
1st place: 3,000 coins (breakup could be 750 for each of the main 3 and 250 for the alternate players)
2nd place: 1,500 coins (breakup could be 375 for each of the main 3 and 125 for the alternate players)
These coins will be paid out by Fizzer and Mercer who will be helping run the series.
To apply send a message to https://www.warlight.net/Profile?p=1515014755
with the following information:
1. Your team players with profile links.
2. Your region.
3. Your team captain.
4. Your team name.
5. Would your team be willing to wager coins in the 2nd stage? (We would not ask for anything above 500 coins.)
Scheduling for the 2nd stage will be announced after we have enough applicants for the 1st stage. The alternate 3 players allowed in the 2nd stage and beyond can be found after the 1st stage is completed. Team captains will be messaged once their team qualifies asking who their alternates can be.
Now for some general rules:
1. Alt accounts are not allowed. Everyone must be a different person on the team. If siblings are playing on the same team, evidence will have to be sent. (Skype video call showing each person)
2. Cussing in public chat isn't allowed because even games in the 1st stage may be streamed.
3. People with inappropriate names are not allowed.
4. Team names can't be inappropriate either. Also it's first come first serve on names through the application process.
5. Coaches are allowed, but must be listed as an alternate for 2nd+ stages. As to what your coach does, that's up to your discretion.
If you want to help WGL out in the management of this series in any way contact me directly through mail. If you have any questions pertaining to the rules/structure of this series, do so in this thread and I will answer as soon as possible.
Thank you for your time,
Edited 5/5/2015 16:57:43